Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

On 23/03/2018 at 11:20 AM, The Clearest Blue said:

Young Fathers last night were superb, fucking brilliant, I’d never been to the Trinity Centre in Bristol before but it was a decent venue and served Grimbergen so I was never not going to like it!

Best venue in Bristol.

Parking can be a bitch mind

Jet are touring with their debut album, I remember buying and loving that album when I was 11, got a chance to see them a couple of years later but my rents wouldn't let me go coz I went to a house party the night before.

... Not sure I'll bother this time.

Well, onto non-shitty bands from Oceania; Unknown Mortal Orchestra have announced a show at the Royal Albert Hall, which seems to me like a pretty big deal for little old UMO. I don’t know where that places them when put through the venue-size-to-Glastonbury-slot conversion machine but good on em.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don’t know where that places them when put through the venue-size-to-Glastonbury-slot conversion machine but good on em

When they played Shepherds Bush on the Multi-Love tour, they were sixth-down on The Park stage. So RAH should lift them ideally to top 2 on Park or top 5 in the John Peel tent. Either way, Royal Albert Hall will be amazing. I already have tickets to see them at the Roundhouse so I might hold off on this one

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

http://icelandairwaves.is/line-up/

Anything good on this lineup? I've already got a ticket but the only one I know is Superorganism :(

Love the new Soccer Mommy album (same ballpark as Julien Baker but with more bite) and Jade Bird's new songs are fairly nice. Girl Ray rings a bell but not so familiar with the other acts.

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Anything good on this lineup? I've already got a ticket but the only one I know is Superorganism :(

Go and see Tommy Cash, supposed to be  a hoot live. Who doesn't love a bit of Estonian rap? He's an odd fellow, but he steams a good ham.

Video probably NSFW...

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

My mind is boggled at how you keep finding yourself attending festivals and events without a grasp on the acts on the lineup. These forums are usually the opposite. :lol:

Julien Baker has got some of her own gigs in September:

24 Sept Gorilla, Manchester

25 Sept St Luke’s, Glasgow

27 Sept Vicar Street, Dublin

29 Sept Shepherds Bush Empire, London

Definitely going to go to a night of this tour.

Edited by fantomas

30 minutes ago, fantomas said:

Julien Baker has got some of her own gigs in September:

24 Sept Gorilla, Manchester

That'll do me nicely! Its turning out to be a great little year for gigs!

Didn't expect it to be £18 a ticket but yeah. Suppose the days of £10 and £15 are pretty much gone with the exception of smaller / up and coming artists.

Edited by jyoung

Anyone got any recommendations on where to start with that (Sandy) Alex G fella? Just seen he's playing in Manchester in August and it's only about £12 so gonna check him out soon.

@dentalplan I haven't got to his album on yr top 50 from last year yet, reckon I start with that one or go further back? Haven't got to a lot of them actually yet haha. The ones from Cloud Nothings and White Reaper are class though, I'd never heard of either of those bands.

51 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Basically I'm quite out of touch with music so I tend to just get tickets and then start discovering things from the lineup. Like Nick Cave, I'd never heard of him until late last year but the girl I really fancy likes him so now we're going to his London show and I've started listening to his music.

As for Iceland, I went to the same festival in 2016 and had the time of my life so keen to go again tbh

Damn steer clear of her! Nah just messing. Yeah it’s fair enough, it just tickles me when there’s something new announced and you’re already off to it. You’ll have a good year.

24 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Anyone got any recommendations on where to start with that (Sandy) Alex G fella? Just seen he's playing in Manchester in August and it's only about £12 so gonna check him out soon.

@dentalplan I haven't got to his album on yr top 50 from last year yet, reckon I start with that one or go further back? Haven't got to a lot of them actually yet haha. The ones from Cloud Nothings and White Reaper are class though, I'd never heard of either of those bands.

Yeah just work back from Rocket. If I’m honest, judging by recent convos about Car Seat Headrest, I’d expect Rocket is all most of the crowd will know. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pryce said:

Saw an Icelandic band called Vok couple of nights ago in Nottingham, spontaneous gig.

Pretty darn good live they were! would recommend seeing them think they only have a London date left.

Saw them last night in Cambridge and have to agree :)