Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

9 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Bigger Bang was still the highest grossing tour of all time though!

Were the pitches all seated on a BB?

In the UK they were, I think.

It's a mathematics thing from the promoters, I guess.  Better to sell 90% of 60,000 tickets at £200 each than 100% at £150 each.  The band get their guarantee regardless.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In the UK they were, I think.

It's a mathematics thing from the promoters, I guess.  Better to sell 90% of 60,000 tickets at £200 each than 100% at £150 each.  The band get their guarantee regardless.

True. I do find the "highest grossing tour" stats from bands who charge fans silly money like U2 and The Stones amusing. 

Aww yis I will definitely have some of that Mitski @ Brudenell action if I can still afford to have my car by then, Gorilla if not. Got into her by going to the Deaf Inst show the other years bocos I wanted to see Trust Fund who were supporting and my mate couldn't recommend her enough. I love her latest two album as much as the next jamoke, but nothing matches the fucking masterclass in immediate DIY rock she put forth that night. Only thing more you could've asked for was a mic drop before leaving the stage.

Undecided over these Stones gigs. Really fancy it, but with the ticket £100, a hotel, train and beer money, it's gonna be a hell of an expensive day. Probably my last chance to see them, but it surely can't match their Glastonbury set. I think they will definitely add a Saturday in Manchester, so it would either be that or Edinburgh if I did.

8 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Ouch! 

image.png.ec02592e57728ca394a5b969c01234fc.png

Not that surprising. People have had a Pumpkins 'reunion' for over ten years now, and James being added back in to the fold doesn't really change a thing - he's not like Slash is to GnR, and I can't imagine him being there is gonna make much difference on stage/at the shows. The fact that this 'reunion' has seemingly boosted them from playing smaller venues to some of the biggest possible is pretty naive, and the promise of only pre-breakup material isn't all that when a lot of people have already seen that stuff played by Frankenstein's Pumpkins for a decade now (albeit, having to endure some crap new material in between). If/when they come to the UK with this I'm all over it, but I don't see sell out venues immediately, or at all. It's not as big of a deal as Billy would like you to believe.

Edited by FloorFiller

30 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Anyone had their presale codes through yet?

Came here to ask the same thing. Not got one yet.

Is it any cheaper with a code?

At £100+ plus probably £40 on the train I am in two minds still.

I'm another one who saw them at Glastonbury and managed to get about tenth row. Loved every minute of it and am not sure if I want to spoil that memory.

Plus, after watching the set back home, they weren't that brilliant were they.

11 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Ouch! 

image.png.ec02592e57728ca394a5b969c01234fc.png

It was far too ambitious and too many venues, you keep it small and simple at the start, make it enticing to go. They'll probably end up doing the O2 over here :( Hopefully they'll do a Euro festival instead. 

I've bottled it. I've calculated the cost of ticket, hotel, trains, food and beer and it has made the decision for me. I could probably go away to see another band, plus a couple of gigs at home, for the price that that one gig would cost me, plus there's the Glastonbury memory I will always have. 

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Not that surprising. People have had a Pumpkins 'reunion' for over ten years now, and James being added back in to the fold doesn't really change a thing - he's not like Slash is to GnR, and I can't imagine him being there is gonna make much difference on stage/at the shows. The fact that this 'reunion' has seemingly boosted them from playing smaller venues to some of the biggest possible is pretty naive, and the promise of only pre-breakup material isn't all that when a lot of people have already seen that stuff played by Frankenstein's Pumpkins for a decade now (albeit, having to endure some crap new material in between). If/when they come to the UK with this I'm all over it, but I don't see sell out venues immediately, or at all. It's not as big of a deal as Billy would like you to believe.

It's stupidly expensive too, isn't it? Selecting Atlanta, GA randomly from their website has standing at $129 + $20 booking. Nuts