Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Croke Park may be all seated

I remember I was on a seat on the pitch at Twickenham last time. Could it be that all the stadiums will have the chairs out on the majority of the pitch and just standing in the circle for the folk with too much money ?

I remember standing at Murrayfield but that was a while ago. I`d rather stand but I was assuming it would be seats.

9 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

These cheap tout tickets you speak of...

I've never done anything like that, do they just slash what they want for them as soon as the gig starts? How does it work?

Don't really know tbh. I sold an £80 ELO ticket to a tout for a tenner the other year like an hour before the gig started because my dad could no longer come and I'd had no luck selling it online. He clearly never managed to sell it because no one ended up sat next to me (and this was a sold out show, too). Presumably with people like him, once it gets to the time the show is starting they'll take what they can get for it? Obviously you may also run into someone like me just wanting to get rid of a ticket they're not using.

Same year as that, me and my mate went to see The Last Shadow Puppets at Ally Pally on a whim (we were at the pub earlier in the day with my flatmate and her friend who were going to it so we decided to come along and try and grab tickets outside). As soon as we stepped off the train at Ally Pally some bloke was shouting that he was selling tickets. We offered him like half face value if I remember correctly and he said sure and gave us them.

41 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

You could get Radiohead tickets for like 15 quid outside the cricket ground last year if you were willing to stand at the back and miss the first two songs. 

Of course, that hadn't sold out though. No idea if it'd be the same case at a sold out show. 

Half the crowd missed at least the first two songs anyway. People were still piling in at least half an hour into the set.

We got Stone Roses standing tickets in 2016 for about £30 each for the last Etihad night (which was sold out at £65 a ticket). We got in just as the Courteeners were starting, so we didn't even have to leave it last minute and saw all of them and then Public Enemy too.

The Killers did two sold out nights at the arena in November, I went on the first night and arrived at like 7 cos I wanted to see the support. Spoke to a tout beforehand to see what he had cos I was considering coming back for the second night and wanted an idea of what I'd be paying, and he offered me a £60 seat for £40. And I probably could have negotiated that down, and again this is a good couple of hours before The Killers were due on so would have probably been cheaper later on.

So yeah, basically my point is I wouldn't worry about finding a cheaper ticket outside.

5 minutes ago, Odessa said:

We got Stone Roses standing tickets in 2016 for about £30 each for the last Etihad night (which was sold out at £65 a ticket). We got in just as the Courteeners were starting, so we didn't even have to leave it last minute and saw all of them and then Public Enemy too.

The price went up after The Courteeners finished.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 13

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

But it's also true that they frequently don't sell out.  10 years back they couldn't sell out the O2.  I don't think they've ever sold out a Scottish stadium.

Though the fact that the pitches aren't seated this time around will definitely increase sales from the days of A Bigger Bang.

Bigger Bang was still the highest grossing tour of all time though!

Were the pitches all seated on a BB?

Mitski has announced a UK September tour, with tickets on sale on Friday (pre-sale Wednesday)

Dates I have found so far:

Wed 19th Sep - Gorilla, Manchester (£14)

Thu 20th Sep - Saint Luke's, Glasgow (£14)

Mon 24th Sep - Brudenell Social Club, Leeds (£13)

Tue 25th Sep - Trinity, Bristol (£14)

Wed 26th Sep - O2 Shepherds Bush Empire, London (£16.50)

Edited by finn_with_1_n