Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

DVXWEhwVwAAoRVh.jpg:large

See you there @eastynh

I will probably go as I like both albums (Don't understand the grief Republic gets).

Peter Hook slags Republic off in his book and you get the impression he had little to do with making it. It irks a little that here he is touring it after what he said about it.

I am hoping New Order turn up at some point this year. They have a gig in Turin on May 5th so there are signs that there is life in them.

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

I will probably go as I like both albums (Don't understand the grief Republic gets).

Peter Hook slags Republic off in his book and you get the impression he had little to do with making it. It irks a little that here he is touring it after what he said about it.

I am hoping New Order turn up at some point this year. They have a gig in Turin on May 5th so there are signs that there is life in them.

I like both albums too and have been waiting for him to tour em for aaaaages, though Technique is far superior imo

Yeah they're taking ∑(No,12k,Lg,17Mif) (wtf do you call that?) on the road which is cool - I reckon it might end up at Robert Smith's Meltdown on Southbank. Seems like the kinda thing that fest was made for. I also recall them talking about new music, though I can't for the life of me remember when/where. 

As much as I loved those MIF gigs, I want to see a proper New Order gig in Manchester 

22 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

I like both albums too and have been waiting for him to tour em for aaaaages, though Technique is far superior imo

Yeah they're taking ∑(No,12k,Lg,17Mif) (wtf do you call that?) on the road which is cool - I reckon it might end up at Robert Smith's Meltdown on Southbank. Seems like the kinda thing that fest was made for. I also recall them talking about new music, though I can't for the life of me remember when/where. 

As much as I loved those MIF gigs, I want to see a proper New Order gig in Manchester 

I was hoping they were going to show up at Kendal. It looks like they are not going to be active this year, apart from the MIF thing. Not heard anything about any new music either.

Kylie Minogue is doing an intimate tour, I'm not a fan but imagine seeing her at one of these tiny venues ahahah, I'm not sure how big the others are but Gorilla is 750 iirc

Tuesday 13th March – Café De Paris, London, UK
Wednesday 14th March – Gorilla, Manchester, UK
Friday 16th March – Bikini Club, Barcelona, Spain
Sunday 18th March – Café de la Danse, Paris, France
Tuesday 20th March – Berghain, Berlin, Germany

36 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Kylie Minogue is doing an intimate tour, I'm not a fan but imagine seeing her at one of these tiny venues ahahah, I'm not sure how big the others are but Gorilla is 750 iirc

Tuesday 13th March – Café De Paris, London, UK
Wednesday 14th March – Gorilla, Manchester, UK
Friday 16th March – Bikini Club, Barcelona, Spain
Sunday 18th March – Café de la Danse, Paris, France
Tuesday 20th March – Berghain, Berlin, Germany

If tickets aren’t ludicrously priced I’m definitely trying for this. Probably have no luck but idea of seeing her in the Gorilla is hilarious and too good to miss.

Any idea when tickets go on sale?

Edited by FloorFiller

26 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If tickets aren’t ludicrously priced I’m definitely trying for this. Probably have no luck but idea of seeing her in the Gorilla is hilarious and too good to miss.

Any idea when tickets go on sale?

presale next Wednesday, General sale next Friday. No idea of the price, I imagine it'll be too much for me though. It'd be a proper party though and I reckon a great mix in the crowd.

I've just read the MEN article about it and it's mad how different people view gigs, this sounds like an amazing gig and as someone who'd never see her I'm pretty curious as it's so far away from the arena which I try and avoid, someone's commented this though 'OMG I am a Kylie super fan and have seen her 16 times but why do a intimate gig like this Kylie you would sell the arena out in seconds?? I hope I get tickets to this if I don’t I will be so gutted. KYLIE DO A ARENA TOUR YOUR FANS NEED YOU.' Horses for courses and all that but you'd hazard a guess that someone like this has seen her multiple times in an arena setting and this would provide something new?

I guess my main point is that I spend too much time on this site and forget there are normal people out there beyond the nerds on here and the simpsons shitposters on facebook.

Would like to see justin Timberlake but only 02 and on a Monday, hoping he adds Sunday which would make life easier. Definitely want to see the stones if it does happen - not really a fan per se but bucket list thing, and know enough of their main tunes.

Saw Kylie at millennium stadium 2002 fever tour and wasn't impressed - that is me holding her in comparison to Madonna though. Maybe an intimate gig will be better as presume not all the costume changes etc.

Edited by slash's hat

O2 Priority are advertising a gig for Jungle - the dance-funk group signed to XL -  at the O2 Ritz Manchester in May. Supposedly a UK tour is on its way then

https://priority.o2.co.uk/tickets/5a79d3b2d60180003d194e0d/jungle?topCategory=TICKETS&subCategory=TICKETS

Also Wiki, the rapper and co-founder of Ratking, has announced an April UK tour with dates in Bristol, Brighton, Leeds and Dublin from what I can see

44 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Waxahatchee ticket for Manchester SORTED. Gonna book Frankie Cosmos and Peter Hook tomorrow, RIP my wallet 

WOAH! Link me, I'm not seeing this anywhere

nvm man I got it, yaaaaaaaasssssssss

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

24 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Waxahatchee. The show at Deaf Inst sold out before I got on it last year, spent ages scabbling round for anybody selling tickets but no luck. Band On The Wall isn't as good a venue but I don't mind, it's ok. I've spent this week solidly banging Kendrick and assorted Crutchfield projects. Waxahatchee tickets giving me something to live for once the Kendrick gig is over tomorrow night.