Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

13 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

19247908_1091161257686940_90619335980415

One of the most fun new bands around, don't miss 

Are they worth going to yeah? Something For Your Mind is a top track, missed them playing it on Jools and haven't gone back to it yet. Saw this announced and think was gonna wait for more of their tunes to get released to buy tickets but I guess it wouldn't take much to convince me to wander up to Gorilla.

5 hours ago, priest17 said:

Are they worth going to yeah? Something For Your Mind is a top track, missed them playing it on Jools and haven't gone back to it yet. Saw this announced and think was gonna wait for more of their tunes to get released to buy tickets but I guess it wouldn't take much to convince me to wander up to Gorilla.

I saw them at wherever they played in Manchester recently & it was ace, yeah 

On 07/11/2017 at 3:46 PM, priest17 said:

Personally I'd say no, I saw them last week and thought it was terrible to be honest.  Described them as a "meme in band form, and not in a good way" but maybe I'm just no fun.  Wasn't really my thing.

Not official but from a pretty good source, about the Rolling Stones. They will tour U.K. next year, not sure if will be all stadiums or with arenas mixed in as well. Was on a plane trip last week sat next to a guy who turned out to be a sound technician for the stones PA provider. He has worked for the stones on all their tours for last umpteen years. They had just played their final stadium gig on this years tour in paris a couple of weeks ago and when they were packing up there was the usual gossip in the crew about where they were going to be working next, they all thought they were going back to the states and should therefore prepare work permits etc.  Anyway the crew manager said they should prepare for gigs in the U.K.  There you go.....

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Brand New tour is indeed cancelled.

They say ‘postponed’ in their statement but it’s hard to see this as anything other than the end for the band, and I imagine that statement will come soon enough. Not quite the triumphant heroes goodbye they were gearing up for. A shitter on all accounts.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

They say ‘postponed’ in their statement but it’s hard to see this as anything other than the end for the band, and I imagine that statement will come soon enough. Not quite the triumphant heroes goodbye they were gearing up for. A shitter on all accounts.

Yeh I immediately took that as an indefinite postponement. 

Jesse's "apology" was pathetic, pulled a Spacey in diverting the issue.

42 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I see Micky Bubbles is doing BST.

Looks a pretty poor crop for Hyde Park this year from my perspective.

To be fair I think older artists whose fans have money to spare (generalizing, I know), and pop acts who appeal to families looking for a day out, is the best way for them to go. I'd imagine it'll do better than the likes of The Strokes and Massive Attack (even if they were a replacement) this way.

Doesn't bother me, anyway. I'd rather acts I like don't play Hyde Park after the reviews I've heard of the place. Much rather someone like Pearl Jam play the O2 or something instead.

I know this is in the wrong thread but I don't know where else its been discussed.

Really disappointed in Jesse Lacey. I feel for the girl who came forward and for anyone who had to suffer as a consequence of his selfish actions. Props to her for having the courage to speak out. I hope that her bravery encourages other victims to come forward with their experiences. It's clearly everywhere in the news at the moment and I think the powers that be should use that as an opportunity to send out the message that sexual assault / harassment is an unacceptable behavior that will not be tolerated. If they come down hard on it now, perhaps in the future we will see a change in attitudes and actions. Because until this point, it's clearly been epidemic.

23 minutes ago, jyoung said:

I know this is in the wrong thread but I don't know where else its been discussed.

Really disappointed in Jesse Lacey. I feel for the girl who came forward and for anyone who had to suffer as a consequence of his selfish actions. Props to her for having the courage to speak out. I hope that her bravery encourages other victims to come forward with their experiences. It's clearly everywhere in the news at the moment and I think the powers that be should use that as an opportunity to send out the message that sexual assault / harassment is an unacceptable behavior that will not be tolerated. If they come down hard on it now, perhaps in the future we will see a change in attitudes and actions. Because until this point, it's clearly been epidemic.

yeah, i agree. He did the classic 'poor me' statement as well.

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

He did the classic 'poor me' statement as well.

Yep and the way they talk about the sexual assault in their statements, is like they forgot to lock the front door when they went to work in the morning 'Whoops that was silly, I'll have to remind myself not to do that again'. No big deal really... Anyone found guilty of committing these acts should (in addition to whatever punishment is dished out) be put on some sort of compulsory course to check themselves and address their actions because they clearly don't understand / haven't acknowledged the weight of what they've been doing. I'm getting pretty sick of people who have a privileged role in society playing the victim when it's themselves who have used their power and position to abuse others.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jyoung said:

The Jesse Lacey stuff hit home a fair bit for me having been a band that got me through some quite rough times in my life. What a monumental c**t Lacey is. I feel for his victims and hope they get all the help and support they need.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

The Jesse Lacey stuff hit home a fair bit for me having been a band that got me through some quite rough times in my life. What a monumental c**t Lacey is. I feel for his victims and hope they get all the help and support they need.

I loved a couple of their records and considered Science Fiction album of the year material but I don't really want to discuss it or give any of it the time of day any time soon. Whether or not we're fans of the work is so unimportant in comparison to the conversations we should be having. That's not me digging you out by the way because my first thought this morning was with regards to Science Fiction but then I checked myself and realised it's lack of relevance at this moment. There are far more important matters at hand. Like you said, lets hope the victims are offered the support they deserve.

Edited by jyoung

2 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

To be fair I think older artists whose fans have money to spare (generalizing, I know), and pop acts who appeal to families looking for a day out, is the best way for them to go. I'd imagine it'll do better than the likes of The Strokes and Massive Attack (even if they were a replacement) this way.

Doesn't bother me, anyway. I'd rather acts I like don't play Hyde Park after the reviews I've heard of the place. Much rather someone like Pearl Jam play the O2 or something instead.

Yeah I get that, would have been nice to have at least one show that I'd be vaguely interested in seeing though. I don't work far from HP so it's not too much of an issue to wander past to see if there are any cheap tickets going.

FEVER RAY TOUR 2018! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

https://crackmagazine.net/2017/11/fever-ray-announces-london-show/

19 Feb 2018 — SiMM City, Vienna, Austria
20 Feb 2018 — Fabrique, Milan, Italy
22 Feb 2018 — Muffathalle, Munich, Germany
23 Feb 2018 — Les Docks, Lausanne, Switzerland
24 Feb 2018 — Volkshaus, Zürich, Switzerland
26 Feb 2018 — Forum Karlin, Prague, Czechia
28 Feb 2018 — Columbiahalle, Berlin, Germany
01 Mar 2018 — Progresja, Warsaw, Poland
02 Mar 2018 — The Hall Compensa, Vilnius, Vilnius County, Lithuania
04 Mar 2018 — The Circus, Helsinki, Finland
13 Mar 2018 — Docks, Hamburg, Germany
14 Mar 2018 — Paradiso, Amsterdam, Netherlands
15 Mar 2018 — AB, Brussels, Belgium
17 Mar 2018 — Palladium, Cologne, Germany
19 Mar 2018 — L’ Olympia, Paris, France
20 Mar 2018 — Troxy, London, United Kingdom
21 Mar 2018 — Albert Hall, Manchester, United Kingdom
31 Mar 2018 — Mejeriet, Lund, Sweden
02 Apr 2018 — USF Verftet, Bergen, Norway
03 Apr 2018 — Sentrum Scene, Oslo, Norway
04 Apr 2018 — Vega, Copenhagen, Denmark
06 Apr 2018 — Nobelberget, Stockholm, Sweden

General sale Friday. Presale TOMORROW!

12 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Assuming they didn't know what was happening, you gotta feel sorry for the other members.

12 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Shitty way to go but then again we can't be supporting abusers like this, especially so close to the accusations (which Jesse pretty much confirmed anyway). Hate to see it end this way, but fuck him. He's a c**t

11 hours ago, jyoung said:

100% this. Also, fuck people claiming these people are doing it for attention or being like "force on skype". Think they need to stop being in denial that they're favourite artists can be horrible people and admit that being a rape apologist (not the right term but close enough) is wrong. Also in regards to that statement it was poor. Being a sex addict and having mental health problems is not an excuse to manipulate and groom and underage girl. Reminded me of when Lou Diamond of JANK and of Jake McElfresh of Front Porch Step tried to "apologise," but those projects didn't last very long after they were outed.

10 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Yeah same. Brand New were my 2nd favourite band (that honour has now gone to Modern Baseball) and help me through some shitty stuff. I mean, I still appreciate what the band has done for me. Just sucks that he was an awful person I hope the victims get the support and help and it's good to see the scene get behind them.

EDIT: Also I thought I make the final point about the scene getting better at calling at this bullshit and I'm glad it's happening. Don't need that toxicity but it still baffles me how Eddie from Moose Blood and Itch from King Blues have managed to get away with stuff they've been accused of.

Edited by justanothername