Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

37 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Biffy at BST it seems

What makes you say it's BST? Searched on Twitter and found one person tweeting about how Biffy and BST have given the same clue but from what I can see BST have said nothing (and they usually warn us when an announcement is incoming) and Biffy haven't given any clues.

11 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

What makes you say it's BST? Searched on Twitter and found one person tweeting about how Biffy and BST have given the same clue but from what I can see BST have said nothing (and they usually warn us when an announcement is incoming) and Biffy haven't given any clues.

wasnt there some chatter about biffy doing a puzzle anniversary gig. If so i expect the announcement to be like the hydro. 

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Not a clue. That'd be sick tho but I wouldn't bother going.

“I guess their might be something in the pipeline, maybe at the end of the year, to mark that.” - ben Johnton talking about the puzzle anniversary around the time of the warchild gig in february 

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Well I think you're right if it helps. The artist is the only face we see so maybe it's natural that we look to them for the solution but the ticketing agencies and venues are run by multi million pound businesses that the artists also have to bow to.

I don't believe putting names on the tickets is necessarily the answer anyway. Look at the mess it caused recently; people were missing the start of the Foo Fighters gig cos of the restrictions on tickets weren't they? Imagine even larger stadium gigs where they have to check 80,000 peoples' names. And it caused a fuck about with LCD too, with me on the side that leaving honest buyers out in the cold is anything but a success against touts. People should be allowed to trade tickets but touting should be made illegal.

Keep saying that the solution is simple. Govt imposes a 10% above FV cap on resale sites.

45 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

That M was used in the BST announcement trailer a couple of weeks ago, so I would think so?

IMG_3336.JPG

Edited by CJTM
Actually, it looks absolutely nothing like it. Lol

37 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Keep saying that the solution is simple. Govt imposes a 10% above FV cap on resale sites.

I've been doing some reading and that's the leading solution that the co-chair of the group on the matter was pushing. Seems like it might have ground to a halt though, sadly, for the lack of support across parliament. But y'know, if instead of thousands of people shouting at the artists on Facebook for not doing enough or whatever, they could instead fire off an email to their MP or try and encourage artists to sign and promote the Fanfair Alliance, it might whip up some interest.

Thing is one of the problems is those very sites excisting- even if a 10% cap is imposed you don't get rid of the bots or however it works buying up those tickets before fans get the chance to. 

Beauty of DICE (or similar) is it, at least in theory, negates the need for them. 

39 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Thing is one of the problems is those very sites excisting- even if a 10% cap is imposed you don't get rid of the bots or however it works buying up those tickets before fans get the chance to. 

Beauty of DICE (or similar) is it, at least in theory, negates the need for them. 

The 10% is to cover the booking fee, imaginably. That’s exactly what Twickets allows. Why would the secondary ticket platforms be bad if they were essentially done the same as Twickets? Also you can’t sell physical tickets on DICE. :P

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The 10% is to cover the booking fee, imaginably. That’s exactly what Twickets allows. Why would the secondary ticket platforms be bad if they were essentially done the same as Twickets? Also you can’t sell physical tickets on DICE. :P

That's the thing, if there's very little or no financial incentive then the bots will stop. Secondary ticketing at FV is absolutely fine, don't even mind paying a few extra quid on top in Twickets fees.

Sorry, not an announcement but a bit of help needed from London folk with gig venues and I don't know anyone more clued up than you efests lot! :D

I'm moving to the City for the very first time in the coming weeks and one thing I'm (lightly) factoring in when looking at places to live is getting to and from gig venues (moving over by myself so gigs will be my livelihood until I make pals!). Is this something that could be an issue or is London good for transport at night? Say for example could I go to a gig at the Brixton Academy and make it back to Bow in the East End fairly easily on public transport?

Sorry for the completely novice question, I'm just use to the terrible evening transport back home!

Edited by Johnkhutch

35 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Sorry, not an announcement but a bit of help needed from London folk with gig venues and I don't know anyone more clued up than you efests lot! :D

I'm moving to the City for the very first time in the coming weeks and one thing I'm (lightly) factoring in when looking at places to live is getting to and from gig venues (moving over by myself so gigs will be my livelihood until I make pals!). Is this something that could be an issue or is London good for transport at night? Say for example could I go to a gig at the Brixton Academy and make it back to Bow in the East End fairly easily on public transport?

Sorry for the completely novice question, I'm just use to the terrible evening transport back home!

Yeah the Victoria line from Brixton runs until after midnight so as long as you're in central London to get the last district line train to Bow (which is about 00:15 I think) you'd be fine. I've never had any problems with the Tube after gigs, you normally have an hour or so to get places. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Yeah the Victoria line from Brixton runs until after midnight so as long as you're in central London to get the last district line train to Bow (which is about 00:15 I think) you'd be fine. I've never had any problems with the Tube after gigs, you normally have an hour or so to get places. 

That's excellent, thanks so much for your help Matt!

22 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

That's excellent, thanks so much for your help Matt!

Tubes back from gigs are always fine. Usually got time to have a quick pint after and head back anywhere. It’s worth remembering there’s the night tube on Friday and Saturday only on certain lines, so if you’re gonna be out after midnight those nights then being near a night tube station is a nice plus.

• Upvote 1