Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

If you can get to the Dead Pretties/Pink Kink tour I very highly recommend it, went to the Manchester show last night and was well impressed. Seen Dead Pretties before so knew what I was gonna get (catchy punk kinda music done very well) but the support Pink Kink blew me away, 4 girls and a guy ranging between fun pop and weird psych stuff. Great night even if I was on my bill anyway.

https://www.seetickets.com/tour/dead-pretties

Not a 'new' announcement (although I missed it first time round) but Wolf Alice still have tickets left for some venues for November. Definitely a band on the rise after a few months away. 

https://www.seetickets.com/tour/wolf-alice

48 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

that Friendly Fires gig at Brixton Academy is sold out now, in 4 days no less.

Wow took that long to sell out? I know they were never the biggest band but I thought the hype for their comeback would be a little more enthusiastic than that. Guess because they never actually broke up their comeback doesn’t have quite the same effect. 

er, 5k in a few days is pretty good going for a band that everyone pretty much forgot existed, with no new material out, and presumably most people from outside London haven't bothered buying tickets for as they'll no doubt be touring elsewhere if/when they do release something.

i didn't think it would sell out for a few months TBH.

Edited by ghostdancer1

Soooo I know it's old news that Placebo are playing a few gigs in October....but has anyone seen them recently? Are they worth 40quid nowadays?  I saw them at Reading in 2004 and they were totally amazing, but they (and I) were all a lot younger then... Maybe there in lies the fun, I really cant decide. As always, any thoughts welcome :)

1 hour ago, Winslow Leach said:

If anyone wants to go to see Godspeed You Black Emperor, Omar Souleyman, Liars, The Field and a whole load of other people in Manchester on october 28th, I'll sell you my ticket for £20 (it's on dice but think I can transfer it) 

The venue actually got changed to the Albert Hall and now the only support is Liars and Bardo Pond

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Soooo I know it's old news that Placebo are playing a few gigs in October....but has anyone seen them recently? Are they worth 40quid nowadays?  I saw them at Reading in 2004 and they were totally amazing, but they (and I) were all a lot younger then... Maybe there in lies the fun, I really cant decide. As always, any thoughts welcome :)

Saw them for the first time in December and thought they were excellent.  The dates are part of their 'Greatest Hits' tour so it's (mostly) all killer, no filler and so worth it in my view.

43 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I'm a big fan so biased, but I think the 20 years tour has been really good. They are playing around 24-25 songs, a decent amount from all of their albums, and it's still sounding great.

Pretty much my thoughts on that Phoenix tour too. Their Glastonbury set was so much fun and it'd be nice to see the stage setup actually working, though thinking about it the barras stage seems quite small for all of it, but apart from Love Like A Sunset they did everything I wanted to hear so I'm not desperate to go again.

34 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Phoenix shows in March; Manchester, Dublin and Glasgow. Won’t rush for tickets to that with Glasto still fresh in the mind but would be interested in seeing their stage setup done again properly.

They've recently done a few more UK dates (don't think it was only London?). Seems to be an odd way of touring it.