Green Man Festival 2018

Chawk

1 hour ago, sarahlg1 said:

On the subject of wellies,  how is the ground looking.  I know there's some heavy rain forecast for Wed night/early Thurs, but can't imagine it'll be too much of a swamp unless it's already heading that way? 

The ground is absolutely fine, its not rained here yet at all.... Fingers crossed! 

The last couple of years when it has rained it has also drained away pretty quickly. The site holds up very well in wet weather.. which is good because there is always wet weather! My choice at all festivals is waterproof walking shoes, never felt the need for anything more.

Showers get queues at the obvious times but go mid afternoon and you should be fine.

56 minutes ago, purplegh0st said:

are festival tickets checked as you enter the car park? I know it says that drop offs aren’t allowed but if your driver paid for a parking ticket there and left would you get away with it?

They didn't check them when we arrived on Monday. First time they were checked was when we got writsbands 

I've still got to check the tent over but otherwise I think everything's ready. Really looking forward to this.

Hoping to meet up with some of you people over the weekend. If you see an old guy with very little hair come and say hello, I'm quite friendly and if it's not me then he'll probably appreciate it anyway!

3 hours ago, purplegh0st said:

are festival tickets checked as you enter the car park? I know it says that drop offs aren’t allowed but if your driver paid for a parking ticket there and left would you get away with it?

Festival tickets shouldn't be checked no, but if you drop off at the park and ride you'll save yourself the £20 parking fee, and probly a fair amount of greif trying to exit the car park.

7 hours ago, purplegh0st said:

I've had festival tickets checked previously when entering car park, it probably depends on who's staffing it at the time.

But as getoffamylawn says, you are much better off using the park and ride just the Abergavanny side of Crickhowell. The regular free shuttle bus from there will drop off in a much better location on the festival site nearer the best camping spots and with shorter wristband queues.

5 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

I've still got to check the tent over but otherwise I think everything's ready. Really looking forward to this.

Hoping to meet up with some of you people over the weekend. If you see an old guy with very little hair come and say hello, I'm quite friendly and if it's not me then he'll probably appreciate it anyway!

I shall be looking forward to some friendly greetings from strangers ?

Safe travels everyone.

Remember the meet-up is from 5pm onwards, outside the End-Up bar, which is beside the Far Out tent.

All are very welcome - just pop by and say a quick hello if you like.

We'll head for the corner furthest away from the Far Out tent itself.

Look for a few people wearing green t-shirts, and wear one yourself if you have one, to aid identification.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Looking forward to seeing folk over the weekend - some new and some old faces, I hope! I will try and make the meetup tomorrow afternoon. I’m short and plump with blonde hair dyed pink, so I should be easy to spot! 

Safe travels (and stay dry, those already on site!)

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

ouch with the weather forecasts. Bummer after such a hot summer. :(

Looking at Abergavenny, which as the nearest decent sized town is close enough (eight miles) and would probably use the same observation station anyway, it looks alright until a time no two forecasts can agree on on Sunday. Although Glanusk Park is often its own ecosystem anyway.

It lamped it down over night so ground is a bit soggy still but should dry soon when sun comes out. 

Forecast looks alright for the next few days, just Sunday that seems a bit iffy.

Roll on 1200 when the site is open and I can start working my way through the beer!