Green Man Festival 2018

Chawk

3 hours ago, rug568 said:

this year is also struggling, i got an email begging for the current stewards to get friends to sign up

And yet they didn't reply to my email asking if they were still looking for people. hmm...

I still want to apply but it's slightly worrying that they seem a bit disorganised based on what people have said? So I'm a tiny bit hesitant considering how close it is to the festival and having to pay the deposit straight up on your application form

14 minutes ago, waituntilspring said:

And yet they didn't reply to my email asking if they were still looking for people. hmm...

I still want to apply but it's slightly worrying that they seem a bit disorganised based on what people have said? So I'm a tiny bit hesitant considering how close it is to the festival and having to pay the deposit straight up on your application form

I have DMd them on Twitter a few times and they've always got back to me. Could be worth a shot.

Tbf I've had a look on the website and they're no longer taking applications for litter pickers, which suggests they're keeping it up to date and they're defo still in need of stewards.

2 hours ago, Odessa said:

Also, this is cheeky as fuck, but if anyone has room in their car for an extra crate of beer that'd be amazing. I'm going on the train so I'll take some spirits but lugging cans down there isn't gonna be ideal. Pint or two on me for any hero who helps out, gotta be worth asking at least. :P

Happy to transport your beers, fellow green man.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Happy to transport your beers, fellow green man.

Just now, Odessa said:

Cheers!! You've made my day. Please gimme a shout when you're doing yr festival shopping and I'll send you some money!

This is very heartwarming! :) Hoping indicative of the community festival spirit I can expect to see at GM. 

2 hours ago, waituntilspring said:

i find whenever i email festivals about stewarding they never reply. All festival volunteering organisations are a little bit disorganised, but they are defiantly desperate for volunteers, so you'll be more than welcome if you apply. 

As odessa said it would be worth messaging them on social media if you're worried

21 hours ago, Odessa said:

Cheers!! You've made my day. Please gimme a shout when you're doing yr festival shopping and I'll send you some money!

I'll also have room for an extra crate if you really get stuck; just let me know before the Thursday. Can pay on delivery.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2018 at 11:52 AM, SighMo said:

I'll also have room for an extra crate if you really get stuck; just let me know before the Thursday. Can pay on delivery.

Hero! Sure my mate would appreciate a crate. I'll shoot you a message nearer the time if that's ok. Thanks so much!! :)

2 weeks to go! Or less if like me you've got settlers pass tickets. Getting excited now! 

Is there showers for settlers?  What do most people do during the day? I guess its pretty chilled out atmosphere? 

Its been 10 years since my last greenman and looking forward to a repeat visit! 

No dice on shift A but got my backup option in D so I'll take it. Got to work 1am-7am on Friday morning, is that literally gonna be stood around with nothing to do trying to stay awake then? That'll be fun if it's raining lol.

I get to see all the acts I care about, assuming Boy Azooga are on later than 1pm, so it's defo a win. Only working during the afternoon/evening on Sunday but I don't know any acts on then anyway so not arsed about that. Grizzly Bear into War On Drugs will do me nicely that day. Heard good things about Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever too so hopefully they're on after 7 but no biggie if not.

11 hours ago, Odessa said:

No dice on shift A but got my backup option in D so I'll take it. Got to work 1am-7am on Friday morning, is that literally gonna be stood around with nothing to do trying to stay awake then? That'll be fun if it's raining lol.

I get to see all the acts I care about, assuming Boy Azooga are on later than 1pm, so it's defo a win. Only working during the afternoon/evening on Sunday but I don't know any acts on then anyway so not arsed about that. Grizzly Bear into War On Drugs will do me nicely that day. Heard good things about Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever too so hopefully they're on after 7 but no biggie if not.

I did shift D last year, the early Friday morning shift was an absolute killer. Nothing happens and you just stand around freezing your arse off.  I thought it would be a good idea to get quite drunk before it last year, but i started feeling a bit hungover around 4am so wouldn't recommend doing that. 

1 hour ago, rug568 said:

I did shift D last year, the early Friday morning shift was an absolute killer. Nothing happens and you just stand around freezing your arse off.  I thought it would be a good idea to get quite drunk before it last year, but i started feeling a bit hungover around 4am so wouldn't recommend doing that. 

Can you not even wander about to try and keep warm? Are you like allocated a specific place to stand and closely supervised or...?

At least it's out the way at the start. I can't believe anyone would choose to work that shift on the Monday. I'd much rather not go than have that to look forward to all week hahaha.

Edited by Odessa

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

Can you not even wander about to try and keep warm? Are you like allocated a specific place to stand and closely supervised or...?

At least it's out the way at the start. I can't believe anyone would choose to work that shift on the Monday. I'd much rather not go than have that to look forward to all week hahaha.

well some people are on the gates checking wrist bands so they have to stay pretty still. Others are assigned to a tent or installations so obviously there's scope to walk around a bit. There are only 2 supervisors for a shift so you don't get checked up on much, and even then they're pretty chilled out. 

27 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Anyone else get that email this evening? General info plus timings for Thursday...

Getting quite excited now!

Screenshot_20180802-202914_Gmail.jpg

I got that today as well. Now I've got WOMAD out of the way I'm starting to build up towards Green Man.

That's a pretty good line up for the Thursday and means that I'm definitely getting there early; really looking forward to seeing ITOP.