Green Man Festival 2018

Chawk

10 minutes ago, robith said:

After a lovely day at the national my pals and I decided to commit to our first green man

To discover it's sold out.

D'oh

There were a couple of chaps on here looking to sell their tickets- PresentlyTense was one if you want to try a DM? I nearly bought from him but then chickened out that I might need ID to go along with my purchase, buy I'm sure you would be fine.

Can anyone comment on what parking is like at Green Man - and the journey in general?

In short, I have a pretty new car that I don't fancy taking to a festival if I'm parking on suspension-busting ground. I had a pretty bad experience with Latitude parking. 

On the other hand, the alternative is my brother's less reliable car, so if I know parking is fine I'll probably take mine.

Cheers!

17 hours ago, SighMo said:

Parking was great going in but proper dodgy getting out last year; deep mud in places.

Yeah exactly the same for me.  The main route out of our section of the car park (well, field) was just  plain old grass.  On the way out it was getting chewed up into a right old bog in places.  Some cars were getting stuck.  Could do with some metal track way in places methinks. 

On 6/4/2018 at 1:41 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

There were a couple of chaps on here looking to sell their tickets- PresentlyTense was one if you want to try a DM? I nearly bought from him but then chickened out that I might need ID to go along with my purchase, buy I'm sure you would be fine.

Friends of mine bought a resale ticket last year. When they scanned it it said it had already been used, but the steward thought they had made a mistake and gave them wristbands anyway!

Hey lovely Greenman people!

I have a ticket to Greenman and have never been before and would now be going alone so thought I would see if there's anyone other solo campers out there.

I'm based in London so if there's anyone else in the city that's a solo Greenman goers out there that want to meet for a drink before hand then I would definitely be up for it!

23 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

I got some feb recommendations here last year before Greenman (Lift to Experience and Aldous Harding were festival highlights for me! Any suggestions this time? :)

My must sees on the Friday are Snail Mail, Floating Points and King Gizzard.

On the Saturday: Westerman, Courtney Marie Andrews, Kelly Lee Owens, Phoebe Bridgers and Teenage Fanclub.

On the Sunday: Stella Donnelley, Haley Hendericxx, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever and John Maus. 

On 6/24/2018 at 10:26 PM, Justiceforcedave said:

I got some feb recommendations here last year before Greenman (Lift to Experience and Aldous Harding were festival highlights for me! Any suggestions this time? :)

Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Lovely Eggs (it’ll be mad), Jade Bird and International Teachers of Pop all a good shout IMO ?

Lovely Eggs are just brilliant!  Seen them loads of times and always up for a laugh!  

Bo Ningen for intense heavy psych

Follakazoid has caught my attention, but don't really know anything about them

Will definitely also see Cate le Bon, Jane Weaver, Pictish Trail, Whyte Horses,  King Gizz and will try to see Eleanor Friedburger, Amber Arcades, Goat Girl, Teleman, Bas Jan, PSB, Baxter Dury and BEAK>

Hi Folks

Gettin excited now, lets hope this sunshine continues!!!

parking was fine for us last year, we left quite early Monday morning (8am ish) probably before the bulk had churned up 

Some bands who I think will be ace rain or shine:

Rolling Blackouts
Kevin Morby
War On Drugs
Goat Girl - album is mint, have a listen to track 2 'Burn the Stake'
Duds
Boy Azooga
Pictish Trail
PSB
Teleman

Just need a tent now....

4 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Were they sent signed-for, by the way? Just checking as I've moved house so have had these sent to my mum and dad. 

Yes signed for. 

Of course I was out - so had to go to post office depot thinking what on earth i was having to collect as you never know until you get there. 

Then I saw it was festival tickets and all was OK in my world again. 

8 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

Yes signed for. 

Of course I was out - so had to go to post office depot thinking what on earth i was having to collect as you never know until you get there. 

Then I saw it was festival tickets and all was OK in my world again. 

Cool, thanks! Annoying timing as my parents are about to go on hols, but at least it'll wait at the posit office I guess.

Very much looking forward to my first ever Green Man! Veterans, what is the weather normally like for this? I've been warned it can be pretty wet.