Green Man Festival 2018

Chawk

34 minutes ago, BrighterNow said:

Is Green Man quite a friendly festival?  I'm thinking of getting a ticket, especially now Teenage Fanclub have been added to the line-up.  But I'd be going on my own and am a bit worried that it might be a lonely experience.

I'd say it's a very friendly festival - though I've never been to an 'unfriendly' festival.  It has now replaced Glastonbury as my festival of choice and there are so many EFesters going that we'll probably organise an EFests meet, so you can be sure of getting to know a few people.

Just follow the normal festival procedure of saying hello to your neighbours and offering to share a cup of something and you're away.  I always find that your neighbours are really important at a festival as you can keep an eye on their tent when they're out and vice-versa.

I've now moved on to a caravan and my mates will be in campervans but the same applies.

Green Man has some excellent food stalls, all the beers you could shake a stick at and lots of lovely places to sit and chill. Being an Old Fart I always take a fold up camping chair just to sit and watch the world go by.  It's particularly useful for the main stage as you can plonk it on the hillside terraces - again a chance to meet those sitting around you - and leave it while you go for a wander.

• Like 1

Day splits are out.

Considering there aren't a great deal of acts I'm familiar with, The War on Drugs v Brian Jonestown Massacre and King Gizz v Alex Cameron is a bit of a disaster. 

Grizzly Bear into TWOD will be a good end to the weekend though, just need to make sure I'm not working.

DcW8d2nW4AU1avx[1].jpg

55 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Day splits are out.

Considering there aren't a great deal of acts I'm familiar with, The War on Drugs v Brian Jonestown Massacre and King Gizz v Alex Cameron is a bit of a disaster. 

Grizzly Bear into TWOD will be a good end to the weekend though, just need to make sure I'm not working.

DcW8d2nW4AU1avx[1].jpg

Teenage Fanclub verses Fleet Foxes is a bad one for me. Not been to Green Man before, do the headliners play at the same time, or is there a chance of catching a bit of Fleet Foxes before going to Teenage Fanclub (or vice versa)?

4 minutes ago, adamski said:

Teenage Fanclub verses Fleet Foxes is a bad one for me. Not been to Green Man before, do the headliners play at the same time, or is there a chance of catching a bit of Fleet Foxes before going to Teenage Fanclub (or vice versa)?

I've not been before either, but looking at the clashfinder for last year, you could have seen plenty of both Thee Oh Sees and Ryan Adams. But the other two nights you had to choose between the headliners. I don't like Fleet Foxes so I'll be giving Teenage Fanclub a good listen over the next few months.

18 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I've not been before either, but looking at the clashfinder for last year, you could have seen plenty of both Thee Oh Sees and Ryan Adams. But the other two nights you had to choose between the headliners. I don't like Fleet Foxes so I'll be giving Teenage Fanclub a good listen over the next few months.

Fingers crossed for similar on Saturday this year.

I love TFC, seeing them in November though, so am a bit torn.

Oh no, that's really bad for me.  Three out of four of my must-sees are on Saturday evening (Teleman, John Grant, Teenage Fanclub) and it looks like I'll have to miss John Grant to see the other two.  I also wanted to see Fleet Foxes, which again looks like it won't be possible.  Really disappointing.