Green Man Festival 2018

Chawk

33 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Is there much more to be announced for this one? Thought it was pretty much this year music wise.

When do you usually get comedy and etc? Still dithering on this one.

There looks to be a dozen or so to tack on, including a second stage headliner. It seems like they release a small announcement every month from now so the comedy and literature type things might be eked out over the coming months.

I'm still having a tough time deciding too but they'll give plenty of warning when tickets start to run low, fortunately.

4 minutes ago, Chawk said:

Oh, right. The poster confused me as always

Yeah I think I made the same mistake first time I saw it. Doesn't make sense but there you go, the world of festival lineup posters for ya.

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There looks to be a dozen or so to tack on, including a second stage headliner. It seems like they release a small announcement every month from now so the comedy and literature type things might be eked out over the coming months.

I'm still having a tough time deciding too but they'll give plenty of warning when tickets start to run low, fortunately.

Yeah I think I made the same mistake first time I saw it. Doesn't make sense but there you go, the world of festival lineup posters for ya.

Cool thanks dental.

Last year there was a superb programme with stage times, band profiles and loads more (though no unicorn poo). Also a mini programme on a lanyard.

It's possibly the best planned and organised fest I've been to. Even got its own radio station, a la Worthy FM.

If you're a beer man (I'm not) I'm told by those who are that it's also a bit like CAMRA heaven.

Edited by grumpyhack
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ian the worm said:

First time this year......

Come the event, how do you find each bands stage times?  GM website, program, app, Clashfinder, pamphlet, unicorn poo?

Ian xx

Yeh there's a programme and handout guide that has all that info. They don't release set times anywhere online though, to try and make sure you buy the programme on entry.

It usually is a lovely programme though, and well worth having. That said, someone online usually leaks the stage times a few days before the start from the preceding settler's pass thing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Talking Shop lineup is out: https://greenman.net/news/talking-shop-lineups-landed/

Annie Nightingale, King Gizzard, John Grant, Peggy Seeger, Viv Albertine, Literary Death Match, Three Track Podcast live with Baxter Dury, Ross Sutherland's Imaginary Advice podcast live, Rob Young on Can, Owen Sheers, plus Pete Brown's beers and the pop quiz.

21 hours ago, Superscally said:

What's the score with campervan tickets for this? Sold out? I see mention of campervans...but nowhere to buy tickets...

Yes, sold out. They always go early.

You'll find a few popping up on Twickets and the like nearer the time but you have to act very quickly.

On 3/18/2018 at 7:49 PM, grumpyhack said:

Last year there was a superb programme with stage times, band profiles and loads more (though no unicorn poo). Also a mini programme on a lanyard.

It's possibly the best planned and organised fest I've been to. Even got its own radio station, a la Worthy FM.

If you're a beer man (I'm not) I'm told by those who are that it's also a bit like CAMRA heaven.

I'm a beer (wo)man and this will be my first Green Man (and my first festival for several years as a punter not crew) so am really looking forward to it!

5 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

I'm a beer (wo)man and this will be my first Green Man (and my first festival for several years as a punter not crew) so am really looking forward to it!

Definitely will have to have an EFests meet at some time.

21 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Definitely will have to have an EFests meet at some time.

Yeah I'm up for that.  I always fully intend to go to the meet at Glasto, but always seem to miss it.  Probably because I've been to the Cider Bus and I'm lying in a ditch somewhere.  

Applied to volunteer here today, so looking forward to it assuming they don't turn me away.

The War On Drugs are my only absolute must-see really so I really hope I'm not working when they're on, but there are quite a few names on that lineup that I've never got round to and so this will be the push to do so. And hopefully there's someone decent up against Fleet Foxes.

How many more decent sized acts are there still to be announced do we reckon?

12 hours ago, Odessa said:

Applied to volunteer here today, so looking forward to it assuming they don't turn me away

I don't think they would, the stewarding team are really nice and laid back. I did it last year, in 20 festivals it was the first time I'd stewarded or gone to one alone and I loved it, probably enjoyed it more than any other festival I've been to. You'll have a brilliant time.

I reckon I'm going to buy my tickets this week. Been waxing about it to my flatmate for years and the sudden sunshine has instilled within him a desire to go to a festival, so I've capitalised on it and got him to book the time off work before he changes his mind.

16 hours ago, Odessa said:

Applied to volunteer here today, so looking forward to it assuming they don't turn me away.

The War On Drugs are my only absolute must-see really so I really hope I'm not working when they're on, but there are quite a few names on that lineup that I've never got round to and so this will be the push to do so. And hopefully there's someone decent up against Fleet Foxes.

How many more decent sized acts are there still to be announced do we reckon?

they should give you the opportunity to choose your shifts, and it'll be after the day splits have been announced so you'll probs get to see them. 

they didn't have enough stewards last year so you'll be fine