Green Man Festival 2018

Chawk

37 minutes ago, rug568 said:

i thought public service broadcasting would make more sense for thusday? But what do I know. 

They’re all good shouts. I feel like the Thursday headliner has been announced as such in the past year or two so maybe none of those?

Looks a veeeery strong announcement but I’ve seen most of the ones I’m big on over the past eighteen months, so I reckon I can afford to shop around. I wonder if headliner tres is someone currently on tour in the UK, or very much not on tour at all yet?

Edited by dentalplan

3 hours ago, ian the worm said:

Last time I saw John Grant he had man-flu and I still wasn't disappointed (!).

Saw him at Glastonbury in 2016 and he was terrific. Hadn't heard of any of his music before, just wanted to see something and was absolutely captivated by his performance. He was ill too that day and still put on probably my favourite performance of the weekend

29 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Saw him at Glastonbury in 2016 and he was terrific. Hadn't heard of any of his music before, just wanted to see something and was absolutely captivated by his performance. He was ill too that day and still put on probably my favourite performance of the weekend

That’s the time I saw him ill. 

Edited by ian the worm

Headliners are whack yo! But realistically, they're great for the target audience and both pretty big gets. The fact that Grizzly Bear are there but not headlining says to me that headliner 3 will be nothing to sniff at either.

But there's a lot to love across the line-up, and I feel like there's lots still yet to come. I'm hoping Grizzly Bear are going to be a main stage sub, with John Grant as Far Out headliner and Mount Kimbie on After Dark duty. The Brian Jonestown Massacre is a really interesting booking, I think they'll be a Mountain sub as well. Started delving in to the ones new to me this morning, and I like the sound of both Omni and Duds.

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Headliners are whack yo! But realistically, they're great for the target audience and both pretty big gets. The fact that Grizzly Bear are there but not headlining says to me that headliner 3 will be nothing to sniff at either.

But there's a lot to love across the line-up, and I feel like there's lots still yet to come. I'm hoping Grizzly Bear are going to be a main stage sub, with John Grant as Far Out headliner and Mount Kimbie on After Dark duty. The Brian Jonestown Massacre is a really interesting booking, I think they'll be a Mountain sub as well. Started delving in to the ones new to me this morning, and I like the sound of both Omni and Duds.

Reckon St Vincent is the third one? She's about late August, I'd say more Eotr but I swear she's recently headlined that

1 minute ago, OddRon said:

Reckon St Vincent is the third one? She's about late August, I'd say more Eotr but I swear she's recently headlined that

She's more recently headlined Green Man tho. Couldn't say who #3 is. I'll keep my fingers crossed for FAK but I reckon that's completely futile. Cat Power's just been announced for APE, I'd lose my nut if it was her. Caribou still seem a likely option.

23 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

She's more recently headlined Green Man tho. Couldn't say who #3 is. I'll keep my fingers crossed for FAK but I reckon that's completely futile. Cat Power's just been announced for APE, I'd lose my nut if it was her. Caribou still seem a likely option.

yeah i think caribou is a decent shout, although can't think why they wouldn't be announced now 

29 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

possibly got tour dates they want to shift?

Think it's more likely that festivals are just waiting for them to announce new material. They did tour that last album into the ground so a reminder why they're great would be helpful.

But aye, now that we know the missing headliner is Friday night, it is confirmed Caribou in my eyes. There is still a party missing from those headliners and Dan is bringing it.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Think it's more likely that festivals are just waiting for them to announce new material. They did tour that last album into the ground so a reminder why they're great would be helpful.

But aye, now that we know the missing headliner is Friday night, it is confirmed Caribou in my eyes. There is still a party missing from those headliners and Dan is bringing it.

That's a really good point actually.

I must say I saw them in Croatia back in 2014 and was mildly disappointed, found them a little bit flat. Would def give them another chance though 

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I reckon eels could be there, not announced as tour dates about to go on sale. They'd be perfect.

Good line up though, lemon twigs and teleman a bonus.

10 hours ago, artbrut_architecture said:

Think it will be First Aid Kit, they probably couldn't announce so soon after the Cambridge Folk Festival announcement. There's usually a female artist or British act as a headliner but would love it to be Caribou.

From the playlist really like Duds, Juanita Stein and Stella Donnelly.

I've loved Stella Donnelly and Duds as well. I'll give Juanita Stein a listen. Baxter Dury is great, and I've now finally got round to listening to Grizzly Bear, who are brilliant. Can't believe I didn't listen for this long!

8 hours ago, Purple aki squat said:

I reckon eels could be there, not announced as tour dates about to go on sale. They'd be perfect.

Good line up though, lemon twigs and teleman a bonus.

Eels would be brilliant.

So who's headlining what day at this? Both the TWOD and Fleet Foxes are down as the 16th on their respective websites but I know bands have a habit of putting the first date of the festival if it's not been confirmed yet. FF are playing in Portugal on the 16th too so I'm assuming it's TWOD on the Saturday and then FF on the Sunday?

Edited by DiscothequeDave