Green Man Festival 2018

Chawk

On 10/7/2017 at 11:14 AM, czuk said:

Anyone know when the tickets usually go on sale? Early 2018 is a bit vague.

It's been 26th January for the past two festivals. Can't find further back than that, but it's a safe bet that we're looking at late January again.

Just listening to this new Ibeyi album. It's bloody wonderful and sounds a perfect fit for the Mountain Stage!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to decide where to go next summer and have arrived at the idea that this festival will ideal. I just came to that conclusion so missed early bird tickets. When will tickets go on sale again? Are they hard to get ala Glastonbury?

Also, from what I am able to glean: 

I will be able to get there from London via National Express. How long is the trip?

Tangerine Fields sets up nearby.

Any answers or comments are appreciated. 

6 hours ago, JacquelineS said:

I have been trying to decide where to go next summer and have arrived at the idea that this festival will ideal. I just came to that conclusion so missed early bird tickets. When will tickets go on sale again? Are they hard to get ala Glastonbury?

Also, from what I am able to glean: 

I will be able to get there from London via National Express. How long is the trip?

Tangerine Fields sets up nearby.

Any answers or comments are appreciated. 

Tickets usually go on sale in January and take quite a few months to sell out, so they're not difficult to get hold of.

Coach should take something like 3 - 5 hours.

Tangerine fields is right outside of the arena, just behind the main stage, it's not a large site. The campsite wraps around the edge of the arena, so unless you're in the posh bell tents or campers over the bridge, it's never more than a 2 minute walk from tent to arena.

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2017 at 4:16 PM, rhg_99 said:

Looks like people from Green Man were at the Grizzly Bear show last night based off their Instagram story.

Scouting trip me thinks. I just peeped that they have already announced shows in Prague and Zurich on the Monday and Tuesday before GM.

Additionally, Bob War on Drugs said on Belgian radio that they were back there in August (ie. Pukkelpop) so they enter as a candidate for this I reckon, given that they played EOTR last album. On the large side but it'll do.

• 3 weeks later...

WISHLIST TIME :D:D:D

First Aid Kit
Susanne Sundfor
Sharon Van Etten
Lykke Li
Patti Smith
Ibeyi
Nils Frahm
Young Fathers
Esperanza Spalding
Waxahatchee
Alison Crutchfield
Alvvays
Japanese Breakfast
Phoebe Bridgers
Broken Social Scene
Khruangbin

Deep Throat Choir are thankfully a given

Pie in the sky wishes; David Byrne, Sufjan Stevens, Bjork

Realistic expectation is for headliners to be First Aid Kit, Grizzly Bear, and The War On Drugs (booo!), with King Gizzard and Courtney Barnett high up on the undercard.

If Sigur Ros or Metronomy are finished with these new albums they’ve been talking about since summer ‘16 and Summer ‘08 respectively, they’d be most welcome. I have a strong feeling Caribou will come out of nowhere and slide into the headline slot next to The War on Drugs and Grizzly Bear. As long as it’s not fooking Worst Aid Kit then we’re good.

2 hours ago, Chawk said:

I would be really happy with Caribou after missing them last time around. 

@GETOFFAMYLAWN I read they tried for David Byrne this year but it didn't play out, always a long list of 'we tried but failed' 

Where've you read that? They're usually pretty frank on Twitter about who they tried for and didn't get, but it's normally after the line-up is out there. But cast ye back your mind to 2016 when they lamented on Twitter that they'd not been able to get Peej on board, and consider how that ended. Perhaps a similar trajectory for the greatest recording artist with the initials D.B. the world has ever seen.

I'd be happy with Caribou and all like, but Klara and Johanna are obviously the priority.

23 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Where've you read that? They're usually pretty frank on Twitter about who they tried for and didn't get, but it's normally after the line-up is out there. But cast ye back your mind to 2016 when they lamented on Twitter that they'd not been able to get Peej on board, and consider how that ended. Perhaps a similar trajectory for the greatest recording artist with the initials D.B. the world has ever seen.

I'd be happy with Caribou and all like, but Klara and Johanna are obviously the priority.

ang on I'll trawl the archives.. Here:

So you're right, maybe in a couple years.

I actually think Bjork is a good bet though, she's got EU dates either side of the weekend it looks like. I thought she was gonna play in 2015 but then ended up at Wilderness instead. 

Edited by Chawk

25 minutes ago, Chawk said:

ang on I'll trawl the archives.. Here:So you're right, maybe in a couple years.

I actually think Bjork is a good bet though, she's got EU dates either side of the weekend it looks like. I thought she was gonna play in 2015 but then ended up at Wilderness instead. 

Bodes well for David Byrne some years down the line, him at Green Man is proper dream territory stuff.

I don't see Bjork being Green Man's bag really, she's a bit far from the usual vibe, and I get the feeling she'd be difficult to work with for a relatively small operation such as GM.

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Caribou are playing an irish festival August

Well that's a good omen, I reckon that makes them an extremely likely candidate.

Strong rumors saying that Grizzly Bear will be headliners for 2018...

A few choice picks that I think would sway me;

Sharon Van Etten

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

Phoebe Bridgers 

Courntey Barnett and Kurt Vile

B.R.M.C. 

Chad VanGaalen

Protomartyr 

Thee Oh Sees

Japanese Breakfast

Thundercat 

Thoughts?

8 hours ago, SaBirt92 said:

Strong rumors saying that Grizzly Bear will be headliners for 2018...

A few choice picks that I think would sway me;

Sharon Van Etten

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

Phoebe Bridgers 

Courntey Barnett and Kurt Vile

B.R.M.C. 

Chad VanGaalen

Protomartyr 

Thee Oh Sees

Japanese Breakfast

Thundercat 

Thoughts?

Looks a reasonable lot.

Doesn't seem like Courtney Barnett is touring with Kurt Vile however, BRMC wouldn't fit in at Green Man and Thee Oh Sees played last year so they'll likely be at EOTR instead or something.

Protomartyr have dates in Europe around Green Man so they look quite likely.