Trouble at mill

littergripper

Last year was ace for Glastonbury ticket buyers.

Behind the scenes, loads of shit re crew. 

All that stuff afterwards with hundreds of pickers on zero hours contracts sacked after a couple of days work was the last straw, esp as Corbyn stood next to Eavis on the main stage and condemned ZH contracts as immoral.  There are a mass of core crew that make the event happen. Some of these crew got spotlited by the media and blamed for the shit. They got no back up nd thanks from the festival. They were made to look like twats on TV. Not there fault. 

The result of this is loads of glastonbury workers who have done it for years saying never again. Not a good way to treat loyal workers.

That's it now I know I'll piss and shit in the hedges throw all my cans and stuff on the deck and leave all my stuff.... 

I quite liked the love the farm leave no trace idea and I really got behind it but just for you lot I'll fuck the farm and leave crap everywhere. 

Hope the cows will understand. 

There could be a sensible discussion here. As long as OP accepts that post-Glastonbury clean-up work is dependent on how much mess there is and how easy it is to clean; how would they have liked the festival to handle things differently? Obviously there's no changing the fact that there was no work once it was clean so everybody had to be laid everybody off, so could you let us know what aspects of the festival's handling of this situation you disagree with and what you feel would have been fairer?

20 hours ago, littergripper said:

The result of this is loads of glastonbury workers who have done it for years saying never again. Not a good way to treat loyal workers.

He's so annoyed that he went home, took a course on computer use, bought a computer, registered an account on here and finally three months later he's here to tell us about it.

Welcome to the board. Tory troll.

On 22/09/2017 at 11:00 PM, guypjfreak said:

That's it now I know I'll piss and shit in the hedges throw all my cans and stuff on the deck and leave all my stuff.... 

I quite liked the love the farm leave no trace idea and I really got behind it but just for you lot I'll fuck the farm and leave crap everywhere. 

Hope the cows will understand. 

On 23/09/2017 at 1:29 AM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

There could be a sensible discussion here. As long as OP accepts that post-Glastonbury clean-up work is dependent on how much mess there is and how easy it is to clean; how would they have liked the festival to handle things differently? Obviously there's no changing the fact that there was no work once it was clean so everybody had to be laid everybody off, so could you let us know what aspects of the festival's handling of this situation you disagree with and what you feel would have been fairer?

the bloody year when there is very little mess and I miss it !!!

its a tricky issue - No one ' unless they have a time machine ' can work out in advance how many workers and for how long they will be required for - So was it mainly dry ? or was people not being messy ? - how inconsiderate - or was it something else that I am not aware of ? 

I was in a Intensive Care Unit during Glastonbury week - a nurse with me 24 hours per day - no access to TV and could not leave my bed { as I was attached to four blood drains } so the only year since 1979 that I missed it and I could not even watch it on TV !!! - I was all set to switch on the TV and get one of the nurses to toss mud and water all over me just so I could have a virtual Glastonbury but it never happened  - I was being injected with Morphine every four hours and I drifted though the whole thing.

So which year was the closest to the weather in 2017 ?

55 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

the bloody year when there is very little mess and I miss it !!!

its a tricky issue - No one ' unless they have a time machine ' can work out in advance how many workers and for how long they will be required for - So was it mainly dry ? or was people not being messy ? - how inconsiderate - or was it something else that I am not aware of ? 

I was in a Intensive Care Unit during Glastonbury week - a nurse with me 24 hours per day - no access to TV and could not leave my bed { as I was attached to four blood drains } so the only year since 1979 that I missed it and I could not even watch it on TV !!! - I was all set to switch on the TV and get one of the nurses to toss mud and water all over me just so I could have a virtual Glastonbury but it never happened  - I was being injected with Morphine every four hours and I drifted though the whole thing.

So which year was the closest to the weather in 2017 ?

It was nigh-on 2010. Not as hot overall (though Wednesday was baking!), and a few very light showers, but nothing for more than 15-20 minutes and no mud. The no mud part was probably why it was so fast to clean up - people were voluntarily kicking rubbish into piles to make it easier to clean up, and not much was being trodden into the ground. The stages were almost spotless each morning, so the dawn clean up crews were really keeping on top of things.

Edited by fowls

32 minutes ago, fowls said:

It was nigh-on 2010. Not as hot overall (though Wednesday was baking!), and a few very light showers, but nothing for more than 15-20 minutes and no mud. The no mud part was probably why it was so fast to clean up - people were voluntarily kicking rubbish into piles to make it easier to clean up, and not much was being trodden into the ground. The stages were almost spotless each morning, so the dawn clean up crews were really keeping on top of things.

Thanks for that - I was one of the few who was not that keen on 2010 due to a cancer controlling implant that makes me overheat so 2010 was Murder for me - I was like a vampire - I am lucky as I can shift my shifts so shifted them so that I could work from early morning as there was no point trying to sleep when the tent was like a furnace inside - when not working spent my time under one of the fridge trucks.

The Hospital I was in had a phone blocker in operation so was not able to check up with my team as to how it was.

A mud free Glastonbury and a milder temperature sounds near perfect although I have never been put off with the rain.

well done to the Punters for making it more easy to pick up although I stuff all my rubbish in my cool bag and take it back to the crew camp as I don't like to dump stuff.

2010-wbc-19.jpg