Electric Picnic 2018

Rico_Pliskin

How quickly do tickets normally sell out for this? Had my eye on it for a couple of years considering finally doing it but would like to wait for the line up. 

The National would seem likely given they're in Europe the week after, would the two dates at Donnybrook in June play a factor in how likely they are though? 

5 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

As fun as it would be, aren't Kendrick Lamar and Arctic Monkeys perhaps a little too big for this?

No. Arctic Monkeys played a few years ago, and Kendrick played a festival half the size here in 2016. they probably won't splash out on both of them though, especially after getting away with relatively low-profile headliners last year.

2 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

How quickly do tickets normally sell out for this? Had my eye on it for a couple of years considering finally doing it but would like to wait for the line up. 

The National would seem likely given they're in Europe the week after, would the two dates at Donnybrook in June play a factor in how likely they are though? 

Those gigs are with a different promoter so basically zero chance The National play.

It sold out last year before the lineup was announced. They went on general sale on Saturday and still available, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they sell out after the lineup announcement tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Millar95 said:

Headliners: The National // Florence and the Machine // The Prodigy

Vampire Weekend // The War on Drugs // St. Vincent // Ben Howard

Complete guess.

The War on Drugs are headlining a festival here in June, so no chance of them either.

Edited by ghostdancer1

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:Those gigs are with a different promoter so basically zero chance The National play.

It sold out last year before the lineup was announced. They went on general sale on Saturday and still available, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they sell out after the lineup announcement tomorrow.

Thanks for letting me know, might keep an eye out tomorrow then and make a decision quickly! 

This is apparently from a source, it does look a sort of Picnicy lineup and was circulating around the Electric Picnic thread in the Gigs and Events forum of Boards.ie and I suppose we will know proper come 14 hours time anyway.

Arctic monkeys 
Muse
Bloc party 
Chromeo
The streets 
Miiike snow 
Chvrches
Schoolboy Q
Ice cube 
Hudson Mohawk
Rustie 
Vitalic 
Vampire weekend

13 hours ago, pothead pixie said:

Arctic monkeys 
Muse
Bloc party 
Chromeo
The streets 
Miiike snow 
Chvrches
Schoolboy Q
Ice cube 
Hudson Mohawk
Rustie 
Vitalic 
Vampire weekend

if this is true I'm going pretty sure bloc party arnt still a thing though

Edited by bigcharlie65

36 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Bit disappointed about no "rock" headliner :(

I'm the same, I'm guessing there's a couple more to come? 2015/16 had 5-6 names at the top, and 2017 had 10 in their own font/logo before the rest of the list, so either way there should be more? But yeah I was hoping one would be in this announcement too, under the headliners its quite a good line up for me  but I'm already seeing Massive Attack and can't say I'm overly bothered by Kendrick. 

2 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

nerd is a poor headliner 

Yeah a weak headliner.. I don't know if I have ever met a fan of NERD. Not a terrible line up but it is the weakest to date in my opinion.

Edited by LeFreak

• 2 months later...

Jeez its a bit of a wait for this second main announcement and I know last year the second announcement was about 23rd June, but apart from the Theatre of Food announcement there has been nothing since March.  At this point I think they are taking the piss here considering End of the Road has announced their day splits.  I guess that Arcade Fire could be a possible contender with maybe NERD subbing them or doing a co-headline.

Edited by pothead pixie

• 1 month later...