T minus & counting 2019

OG

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, whisty said:

s_bum425t.jpg

Many years ago I heard a story that Max Bygraves owned the private number plate 'MB1'. Apparently Mercedes Benz asked him to name his price, because they wanted that UK numberplate. He told them that he didn't need the money, and that it wasn't for sale.

I recall going to secondary school on the old jump on, jump off buses, and passing a shop. Outside the shop was a car with the number plate 4 MOM (or it could have been 2 MOM). I thought, at that time, that the owners must be very posh and rich, in that a son or daughter could buy their mother a posh car with a sw*nky number plate. Strange what memories stick with you.

10 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Many years ago I heard a story that Max Bygraves owned the private number plate 'MB1'. Apparently Mercedes Benz asked him to name his price, because they wanted that UK numberplate. He told them that he didn't need the money, and that it wasn't for sale.

I recall going to secondary school on the old jump on, jump off buses, and passing a shop. Outside the shop was a car with the number plate 4 MOM (or it could have been 2 MOM). I thought, at that time, that the owners must be very posh and rich, in that a son or daughter could buy their mother a posh car with a sw*nky number plate. Strange what memories stick with you.

Of all the vehicles I've owned I remember one number plate. Was my second car, a lovely old 1 owner cared for Austin Cambridge with 50k miles which my dad bought & I purchased off him. For 2 reasons I remember it, firstly I promptly partially wrecked it, the second I'll leave to guesses - 378 BAN! :wink:

8a320c98cb83a710ed877d53347a073f.jpg

Edited by whisty

1 hour ago, whisty said:

Of all the vehicles I've owned I remember one number plate. Was my second car, a lovely old 1 owner cared for Austin Cambridge with 50k miles which my dad bought & I purchased off him. For 2 reasons I remember it, firstly I promptly partially wrecked it, the second I'll leave to guesses - 378 BAN! :wink:

8a320c98cb83a710ed877d53347a073f.jpg

I'm guessing that BAN are your name initials, but fear that I am missing something. 

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That is indeed one cosmically cool bus guy. I just love every bit of it. 

Yes old son up stairs was is like a yacht with both ends turned into balconies and it has a music studio.. It's still going as far as I know.. Well I spoke to the owner about 2 years ago.. 

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm guessing that BAN are your name initials, but fear that I am missing something. 

Hmmm, I fell foul of the boys in blue, all my own teenage fault, which ended up with my number plate initials affecting me for a year. 

8013389176_c47316e950_b.jpg