T minus & counting 2019

OG

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See the source image

I feel like I'm shooting up the town, with the number of upvotes I've been firing away with in the last few days. I can see clearly that the bar has been raised. That said, I admit defeat, as I intend to walk under the bar. It's the path of least resistance, after all. 

Hope you are all having a lovely Sunday.

See the source image

Myself and my wife were given what looked like a Red Indian axe, from a friend (recently deceased), who was an antiques dealer. So, I have tried to ascertain if it is such an axe, what date it would be, it's value etc etc. To this end I Googled axes etc and the UK.I somehow got in touch with the UK's leading axe thrower. I sent him photos, but he didn't know. However, he sent it to a circle of axe enthusiasts, and they have come back with the suggestion that it may be a Celt axe. Then I got in touch with a University in America that specialized in Red Indian anthropology. Their response was obviously that I was such a buffoon, a monumentally mere trifle, that I shouldn't even be given the courtesy of being answered to. lol

It goes on - about 2 months ago I sent photos of it to Christie's in New York. Why I didn't choose Christie's in London was because of self inflicted neurological damage. Anyway, I've not heard from them either. I heavily suspect that they are too busy laughing! They fucking hate me, the Americans. Bastards!  lol

By the way - my personal view is that the axe is actually an old souvenir. To me, it doesn't look like something to actually be used, other than for the adornment of some wall, or other.

Actually, I've just had a though. Christie's in London is still open to me for 'exploitation'! I think that I might write to their Antiquities Department saying something along the lines of ' Don't ask me where I got it pal, I just know that it must be of value, and I want you to tell me what that value is'?  I will, of course, include this with the letter to them;

See the source image

PS - They can blow it up themselves to see it's true glory. I need all the breath I can get at the moment. In anycase, it'll save on postage.

PPS - I can feel an ebay purchase coming on!

15 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

74843783.jpg

Hello Vintage,

Apologies, as I have only just got my head around this one. Fan fucking tastic. I've ran out of up votes. I think that I may have run out of brain cells too!

That's such an excellent photo, that I'm going to make a copy and file it. Then I'll robably do something dastardly under copyright laws with it. I mean, I'm happy to pay about a fiver to reproduce it, but haven't got a clue who that fiver would have to go to. 

If you voom in to the pic of rubbish you can see my Canadian flag still up.. That was 09 the year I smashed my ankle whilst walking back from the se corner.... 

I had to be carried to my tent and then that day I Sat in the sun whilst my wife and a friend went and drove an old Bedford cf on to get me to the hospital. Anyway they were gone so long that I had drank a lot cider and got sunstroke as well. Then the bloody van broke down and as was pissed I thought I'd first help try to push the thing then drive it lol anyway a nice paster who was passing hooked us up and got us to the garage at Shepton.. 

I did eventually get to hospital covered in mud ...... It was muddy the Sat I slipped up..... Only to be told that there was a 3 hour wait so I went home lol 

Again not my best ideas cos by the time I got back to the hospital my leg was fucked..... Still is...... So I was sent to poole where I stayed for 3 days after having a op.. 

fullsizeoutput_14a9.jpeg

88745437.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

If you voom in to the pic of rubbish you can see my Canadian flag still up.. That was 09 the year I smashed my ankle whilst walking back from the se corner.... 

I had to be carried to my tent and then that day I Sat in the sun whilst my wife and a friend went and drove an old Bedford cf on to get me to the hospital. Anyway they were gone so long that I had drank a lot cider and got sunstroke as well. Then the bloody van broke down and as was pissed I thought I'd first help try to push the thing then drive it lol anyway a nice paster who was passing hooked us up and got us to the garage at Shepton.. 

I did eventually get to hospital covered in mud ...... It was muddy the Sat I slipped up..... Only to be told that there was a 3 hour wait so I went home lol 

Again not my best ideas cos by the time I got back to the hospital my leg was fucked..... Still is...... So I was sent to poole where I stayed for 3 days after having a op.. 

fullsizeoutput_14a9.jpeg

88745437.jpg

Hello guy,

You've just got to stop trying to kill yourself!  It's beyond a joke now! :)

• Upvote 1