T minus & counting 2019

OG

21 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Thanks Yog. Will do a Google search. I found one farm last year but they were full.

It would be on the expensive side but some camp sites do six months or less pitches.. A few of my mates lived in caravans and just moved site every six months.. Good thing about having it on a site even in winter is you can use it anytime you like. 

• Upvote 1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I was just going to post this for today;

Inline image 1

However, and please don't ask me how, this piece of information led me on to experiencing this (see below) for the first time. And what a joyous occasion it has been. Feel the love, coming right atch ya! :)

More info here;

http://left-and-to-the-back.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/funktion-dance-of-clangers.html

Honestly, they (see below) lost me on the very first sentence;

Since 624 is one less than 625 which is 25 squared, it should be obvious that 24 x 26 = 624.

624 is the hypotenuse of the Pythagorean triple 240-576-624. What is the greatest common factor of those three numbers?

624 is the sum of consecutive odd numbers and twin primes 311 and 313.

624 Puzzle

Print the puzzles or type the solution on this excel file: 12 Factors 2015-09-21

—————————————————————————————————

• 624 is a composite number.
  • Prime factorization: 624 = 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 3 x 13, which can be written 624 = (2^4) x 3 x 13
  • The exponents in the prime factorization are 4, 1 and 1. Adding one to each and multiplying we get (4 + 1)(1 + 1)(1 + 1) = 5 x 2 x 2 = 20. Therefore 624 has exactly 20 factors.
  • Factors of 624: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, 13, 16, 24, 26, 39, 48, 52, 78, 104, 156, 208, 312, 624
  • Factor pairs: 624 = 1 x 624, 2 x 312, 3 x 208, 4 x 156, 6 x 104, 8 x 78, 12 x 52, 13 x 48, 16 x 39 or 24 x 26
  • Taking the factor pair with the largest square number factor, we get √624 = (√16)(√39) = 4√39 ≈ 24.97999199.

624-factor-pairs.jpg?w=540

20 minutes ago, whisty said:

Come on Mr Yoghurt, you're smarter than that surely :)

Emma-003.jpg

have-a-nice-day.jpg

Hello whisty. I'm afraid not. Not when it comes to maths anyway. I've never been good at the subject, and at this stage in my life have no interest in altering that state of play. It's the same with politics - it's like a big screen comes up and I can't see the wood for the trees. I also happen to find both subjects tedious, which doesn't help, I'm sure. I worked for the same company for 28 years (until a few years ago) and didn't really know what I was doing there either. However, I could communicate, and had fairly good management skills, so got away with it. I always lived in fear of being found out though, so am glad that's all over. My first ever manager once told me that bullshit baffles brains, and there's a fair element of truth in that. Hope that you are well. :)