Best Kept Secret Festival 2018

mellowmaniac

53 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Arctics look to be the 3rd headliner.

can’t see them playing in IDays Milano since they already announced Noel Gallagher as the headliner for that day, plus the tickets cost 36/40€, too cheap to be true...and also NOS Alive isn’t on that list, and we know Nos and MC will be sharing the final headliner

3 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Arctics look to be the 3rd headliner.

Hmm.

Either the info i've had about AMs doing TRNSMT is wrong, or that is.

And as it has All Points East on there - which is only a 40,000 capacity show in the middle of London (biggest audience in Europe) - I reckon that's duff, it's what someone has made up.

A Dutch booker for Friendly Fire (who organise BKS) tweeted this afternoon that also in 2018 we should be alert for fake news. So I guess no Arctic Monkeys at BKS (or at least not based on today’s supposed teaser). 

Edited by visdave34

New (and actually amazing) confirmations for Down The Rabbit Hole (ruling out BKS):

Anderson.Paak & The Free Nationals (probably Saturday headliner), Fever Ray, Leon Bridges, MGMT, St. Vincent (who knows: perhaps also performing a couple of songs of their shared album with David Byrne), Curtis Harding, De Jeugd Van Tegenwoording, First Aid Kit, Jungle, The Breeders, Tom Misch, Wende, I-F, Joe Goddard (Hot Chip - live), Kokoko!, Moses Sumney, Muyayo Rif, Palmbomben II

Edited by mellowmaniac

Eels Tour Dates

No Eels for BKS, they are still in the US that weekend. Would have been a nice fit I think. 

Edit: The War on Drugs still a good possibility though, their touring schedule seems to allow a European (festival) tour in June and early July. Pinkpop might snitch them. 

Edited by StupidDream

Ezra Furman, Sparks and JAMC would all be great, but I've seen them in the last couple of years.

The one off that list I'd really like to see again is Peter Perrett - the greatest writer of love songs of his (my) generation. And finally getting back to his best after decades in the drug abuse wilderness. His voice was shot to hell when he first reappeared about 10 years ago, but it seems to be OK again now from what I see on YouTube...

And as far as I can see, DTRH haven't nabbed him yet. Make it happen, BKS.

Edited by Trufflehound

I'd be really happy to see Beck and The Jesus & Mary Chain back at BKS (BKS has recycled it's lineup a lot in the past anyway).

Dead Cross (with Mike Patton (Faith No More, Mr. Bungle, Fantomas) and Dave Lombardo (Slayer, Fantomas)) would be more than amazing, but they most probaly are too hard for BKS.

Sparks are real fun and they do have an off-day on Friday 8th and are in the region, but they do play Utrecht the next day. Rodriguez does another club show in the Netherlands as well, therefore it might not be a dealbreaker.

Ezra Furman is great and chances are good to have him back.

John Maus would also fit very well.

I personally don't like Phoenix, but that's just my personal taste.

I haven't heard of Peter Perrett before, but will check him out.

Come on BKS - I'm ready.

It's getting serious for final predicitions, before tomorrow's announcement: Primavera just announced it's lineup.

To not list all bands, I picked the most realistic ones and also a couple of additional favorites for myself. I added prior years at BKS in brackets.

A$ASP Rocky (2015)

Anna Von Hausswolff

Arca

Arctic Monkeys (Friday headliner - 2013)

Ariel Pink (2015)

Beach House (2016)

Belle And Sebastian (2014)

Björk (probably not)

Car Seat Headrest

Charlotte Gainsboug

Dead Cross (probably too hard)

Ezra Furman (2016)

Grizzly Bear

Haim

Hinds (2015)

Ibeyi