Jump to content
mellowmaniac

Best Kept Secret Festival 2018

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

New at Northside: Beck, Diplo, Thundercat, Jimmy Eat World

 

Would anyone really complain about a Beck return (thinking as sub)

I wouldn't. His new stuff is absolutely brilliant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Would anyone really complain about a Beck return (thinking as sub)

I wouldn't. His new stuff is absolutely brilliant.

In a (subjective) perfect BKS world I'd love to have the Allpointseast Sunday lineup at BKS Sunday (or any other day) as well:

Björk

Beck

Father John Misty

Flying Lotus 3D

Edited by mellowmaniac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to the very strong first announcement of DTRH, their 30-Euro-off-each-ticket-if-you-buy-10-tickets offer and BKS' usual lack of communication we bought a 10 person group ticket for DTRH.

This doesn't mean a couple of us won't go to BKS, too, but definitely not the 18-20 people we were every year since the beginning.

With a good announcement not later than yesterday probably all of us would have returned to BKS (even though some of us weren't that happy with a couple of issues in the last two years), but with BKS' unpredictable booking philosophy and the doubt that they already would have made an announcement if they would have strong headliners to confirm, several of my friends went the safe way with buying those DTRH tickets (and as far as I could read on several boards and threads, they were not the only ones).

Edited by mellowmaniac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

Due to the very strong first announcement of DTRH, their 30-Euro-off-each-ticket-if-you-buy-10-tickets offer and BKS' usual lack of communication we bought a 10 person group ticket for DTRH.

This doesn't mean a couple of us won't go to BKS, too, but definitely not the 18-20 people we were every year since the beginning.

With a good announcement not later than yesterday probably all of us would have returned to BKS (even though some of us weren't that happy with a couple of issues in the last two years), but with BKS' unpredictable booking philosophy and the doubt that they already would have made an announcement if they would have strong headliners to confirm, several of my friends went the safe way with buying those DTRH tickets (and as far as I could read on several boards and threads, they were not the only ones).

I didn't expect that, I thought you were involved someway with BKS ahah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

I didn't expect that, I thought you were involved someway with BKS ahah

I'd say I'm emotionally involved with BKS. ;)

With a decent line up I'll definitely be there for the sixth time - probably just with a lot less people than before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mellowmaniac said:

Due to the very strong first announcement of DTRH, their 30-Euro-off-each-ticket-if-you-buy-10-tickets offer and BKS' usual lack of communication we bought a 10 person group ticket for DTRH.

This doesn't mean a couple of us won't go to BKS, too, but definitely not the 18-20 people we were every year since the beginning.

With a good announcement not later than yesterday probably all of us would have returned to BKS (even though some of us weren't that happy with a couple of issues in the last two years), but with BKS' unpredictable booking philosophy and the doubt that they already would have made an announcement if they would have strong headliners to confirm, several of my friends went the safe way with buying those DTRH tickets (and as far as I could read on several boards and threads, they were not the only ones).

Does that offer still stand? I guess I missed it because I have to Google-translate everything DTRH-related! 

Edited by Orens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Friend send me this screenshot when he wanted to visit the website!

 

Seems like it's gone by now

bks fa.png

Looks plausible and fairly genuine. If that's the case then we should have the first names fairly soon.

Forgot the dates were earlier next year, rules me out as it clashes with a family holiday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Friend send me this screenshot when he wanted to visit the website!

 

Seems like it's gone by now

bks fa.png

If this one is no fake (I still can't imagine The Killers at BKS, but also couldn't imagine Editors) the other, fake looking picture from a couple of days ago might be correct:

IMG-20171128-WA0009.jpg.c938aa3ab9e1faf8a1aaa84accf50e0e.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

If this one is no fake (I still can't imagine The Killers at BKS, but also couldn't imagine Editors) the other, fake looking picture from a couple of days ago might be correct:

IMG-20171128-WA0009.jpg.c938aa3ab9e1faf8a1aaa84accf50e0e.jpg

 

It's not because Courtney will tour Europe on her own, without Kurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mellowmaniac said:

On other boards people discuss the possibility of The Cure and Muse as headliner for BKS. I think both don't really fit and both aren't very realistic, but who knows...

Muse definitely don't fit but The Cure are pretty in keeping with their previous bookings 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh wow it just clicked that Arcade Fire headline a show in Rotterdam the day after BKS finishes. Am I right in thinking that's where most Brits head back from? P clever that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Oh wow it just clicked that Arcade Fire headline a show in Rotterdam the day after BKS finishes. Am I right in thinking that's where most Brits head back from? P clever that.

Probably Amsterdam as I don't think the budget airlines fly to Rotterdam. But yeah that's still a good bit of planning whoever came up with that idea 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Guessing it's gonna be The Cure dropping a bunch of dates 

They just announced that British Summer Time will be their only European show in 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×