Best Kept Secret Festival 2018

mellowmaniac

11 hours ago, mellowmaniac said:

The Safari Resort has just been built, but based on the map it doesn't seem further away than a lot of the camping sites and other bungalows. Depending where you are on the Safari Resort, I'd say it probably will be a 15-20 minute walk to the festival site.

Thank you!

7 hours ago, FatAmmy said:

I am curious what information is making the rumors so strong. Initial google search did not reveal much

It seems to be a very good educated guess:

1.) James Murphy and the Deawele brothers announced to do Despacio festival setups this summer (in case people are crazy enough to pay for it. It seems to be an expensive setup)

2.) Despacio is confirmed for APE in London (25.-27.05.) and Sonar Barcelona (14.-16.06.) - the equipment is in Europe at the time of BKS and it would fit schedulewise.

3.) the mysterious "?" on the timetable suggest an additional stage. Despacio is a stage and is on the above mentioned festivals for three days with at least six hour sets each day.

4.) so far no Tokyo Hill this year. Even though I guess Tokyo Hill itself might not be the perfect spot for Despacio there is space available to move things around a bit

5.) LCD Soundsystem perform on both festivals Despacio is announced for and do even a show in a different town on one of the other festival dates, as they would have to do at the time of BKS

6.) 2ManyDJs/Soulwax have been at BKS before and even did a "secret" DJ set.

I'd say it's pretty likely, but you never know until it is officially confirmed

1 hour ago, mellowmaniac said:

4.) so far no Tokyo Hill this year. Even though I guess Tokyo Hill itself might not be the perfect spot for Despacio there is space available to move things around a bit

That was my thought in terms of available space. That is all there is really...

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, arteet said:

24 Euro. Thinks it’s slightly more than last year but still decent value I believe. 

Not long to go now :-)

"Decent value" depends on where you're starting from. Not worth it if coming from somewhere fairly close like Eindhoven, Den Bosch or Breda as the total cost of train tickets plus shuttle bus bought separately comes to way less than €24...

Edited by Trufflehound

50 minutes ago, Trufflehound said:

"Decent value" depends on where you're starting from. Not worth it if coming from somewhere fairly close like Eindhoven, Den Bosch or Breda as the total cost of train tickets plus shuttle bus bought separately comes to way less than €24...

Fair point. I was only really checking from Amsterdam.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:27 PM, arteet said:

Anyone travelling by train they are doing the return tickets to Tilburg, including the shuttle bus, for 24 Euro. Thinks it’s slightly more than last year but still decent value I believe. 

Not long to go now :-)

When you say including the shuttle bus, is that a shuttle bus from the centre of Tilburg to the festival site?  Do you know if these run each day and will they run well after the headliners finish?  Have a hotel in Tilburg so just want to make sure we can get to and from the festival easily enough.

8 hours ago, HappyWednesday said:

When you say including the shuttle bus, is that a shuttle bus from the centre of Tilburg to the festival site?  Do you know if these run each day and will they run well after the headliners finish?  Have a hotel in Tilburg so just want to make sure we can get to and from the festival easily enough.

Shuttle buses leave about every 10-15 minutes from outside Tilburg station throughout the weekend, and also on Monday morning.

Start and finish times each day are here: https://www.bestkeptsecret.nl/en/#/en/faq/coming-by-train/

We always stay in Tilburg as well and it's never been a problem getting there and back. You do have to buy a new shuttle bus ticket each day (was always €5pp return in previous years) as one ticket is one return journey, not a weekend pass.

Edited by Trufflehound
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, spudling said:

Not sure about the 24 euro  rail pass I tried to buy one a couple of years ago but it wasnt avalible unless you lived in the Netherlands. !  

Until recently it used to be the case on the NS (Dutch railways) website that you could only pay for online tickets using a Dutch bank account, but they appear to have finally added an option to pay with credit cards. I haven't tried it, but it should work from anywhere.

1 hour ago, spudling said:

Thanks thats good to know. Looking forward to it, for me its  a really great line up  this year esp Sunday. Whos everyone looking forward to seeing???

The Sunday will line-up-wise be unbeatable for me.... LCD Soundsystem, Father John Misty, Rodriguez, Gang Of Youth, Khruangbin, Ty Seagll, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Mogwai, Joep Beving, Dermot Kennedy,.... Just amazing.

On the other days I'm most looking foward to:

Friday: The Comet Is Coming, Deerhunter, Crows, The Districts, Palm, Altin Gün

Saturday: Cocaine Piss, Four Tet, The Internet, Mattiel, Pale Waves

Pretty damn pumped for this festival, going to this and Lowlands this year, now to get a camping gang! - 

My sick list:
Tyler The Creator
AM
CHVRCHES
Angus/Julia Stone
Slowdive
Warpaint
Vince Staples
Wavves
Four Tet
Yellow Days and
LCD

This festival really has it all this year. only annoying thing is I'd love the camp site to open on the thursday! - cheap flights to eindhoven were a complete bonus.

link for the train ticket: best-kept-secret-retour

Ticket for train + special BKS bus to the site

Valid from 1 trip from any train station in Holland to Tilburg and back

Need identity card and name on the ticket has to match the name on your id

Will show 19 euro first but this will change to 24 when you fill out your details

Choose credit card as method of payment

You will get an e-ticket to print

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Judithmt said:

link for the train ticket: best-kept-secret-retour

Ticket for train + special BKS bus to the site

Valid from 1 trip from any train station in Holland to Tilburg and back

Need identity card and name on the ticket has to match the name on your id

Will show 19 euro first but this will change to 24 when you fill out your details

Choose credit card as method of payment

You will get an e-ticket to print

Absolute superstar thank you