mellowmaniac

Best Kept Secret Festival 2018

Last year it was five gigs a day, I think all of the bands were already on the lineup, bottom half of the poster (Slutface, Sundara Karma, Amber Arcades, Amazons, Cigarettes after sex, Andy Schauff, Stuff.,  Canshaker Pi, etc.).

Edited by clasher

54 minutes ago, clasher said:

Last year it was five gigs a day, I think all of the bands were already on the lineup, bottom half of the poster (Slutface, Sundara Karma, Amber Arcades, Amazons, Cigarettes after sex, Andy Schauff, Stuff.,  Canshaker Pi, etc.).

Its located near the entrance of stage 2. As the above says, it's mainly new smaller bands who are already on the bill doing intimate/accoustic sets and interviews

IMG_20170616_154841255.jpg

4 hours ago, timeforheroes said:

I saw someone mention in the primavera thread there is secret or unannounced sets at bks. Does anyone who has been know how this works? What size of band? Is it on main stages etc? 

Cheers

Last year there was an unexpected dj set by Soulwax on stage 4 at 15 or 16 pm, then they played with live band on stage 2 in the evening.

Bks communicated it an hour before by a whatsapp newsletter (I don't remember they used the traditional social media but I'm not sure).

Mogwai and Slowdive announced with some others. Nice.

Assume that’s probably the line up done now other than stage 4 stuff?

"Some others"

Altın Gün • Bedouine • Blu Samu • Container • Dermot Kennedy • Gang of Youths • Hinds • Isaac Gracie • Jay Som • Jlin (live AV) • Let's Eat Grandma • Los Pirañas • Nadah El Shazly ندى الشاذلي • Nana Adjoa • Nilüfer Yanya • PALE WAVES • Pender Street Steppers • Pietju Bell • Pip Blom • Pitou • Tom Grennan • Vagabon • Venz • WAVVES

I've read in other threads good words on Gang Of Youths.

Edited by alan_ts

Isaac Gracie is a mesmerizing artist as well... Eddie Vedder x Kurt Cobain x the British indie folk touch

Edit : 

Edited by Tremousse

Lovely announcement, might have convinced me to sell my friday ticket and buy a weekend ticket. Slowdive and Mogwai returning after their great shows at BKS '14, the best Dutch indie act and tons of great, smaller names with Jay Som, Nilufer Yanya and Vagabon. 

On 07/03/2018 at 7:03 PM, Tijn said:

Lovely announcement, might have convinced me to sell my friday ticket and buy a weekend ticket. Slowdive and Mogwai returning after their great shows at BKS '14, the best Dutch indie act and tons of great, smaller names with Jay Som, Nilufer Yanya and Vagabon. 

Hadn't heard of them before but liking the sound of Jay Som and Vagabon, will be checking them out if clashes allow (which isn't likely considering how strong the lineup is!)

11 hours ago, dj_tim said:

Hadn't heard of them before but liking the sound of Jay Som and Vagabon, will be checking them out if clashes allow (which isn't likely considering how strong the lineup is!)

Yeah I've gone from having enough to justify the flight to a full schedule to oh shit I'm worried about this clash finder now!

Like Marlo Stanfield said, sounds like one of them good problems.

Does anyone know how much a train ticket from Amsterdam to Tilburg is and if it can be booked at the train station on the day?
We're making the trek from Cape town, South AFrica

10 minutes ago, mark_CapeTown said:

Does anyone know how much a train ticket from Amsterdam to Tilburg is and if it can be booked at the train station on the day?
We're making the trek from Cape town, South AFrica

€18.30 from Amsterdam Centraal, €19.20 from Schiphol Airport. There are no seat reservations possible on Dutch domestic trains, so not much point in buying in advance. Better to buy from a ticket machine at the station, as you pay a slight premium for talking to a real person.

You should be able to find out most of what you need to know here: https://www.ns.nl/en

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Trufflehound said:

€18.30 from Amsterdam Centraal, €19.20 from Schiphol Airport. There are no seat reservations possible on Dutch domestic trains, so not much point in buying in advance. Better to buy from a ticket machine at the station, as you pay a slight premium for talking to a real person.

You should be able to find out most of what you need to know here: https://www.ns.nl/en

Thanks!!

Why not enter a facebook group and buy a group ticket with random people? I used that in NL every time and it's way cheaper. 20€ for like 70 minutes train ride is too much

Edited by Nicklord

9 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Why not enter a facebook group and buy a group ticket with random people? I used that in NL every time and it's way cheaper. 20€ for like 70 minutes train ride is too much

How many count as a group? 

11 minutes ago, timeforheroes said:

How many count as a group? 

4 and up. The more people the cheaper 

Edited by Nicklord

16 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Any random people on here who wants to buy a group ticket from amsterdam to tilburg?

One thing to watch out for with the group tickets is that on Mondays to Fridays you can't travel during peak hours (i.e. 06.30-09.00 or, perhaps more relevantly, 16.00-18.30).

43 minutes ago, Trufflehound said:

One thing to watch out for with the group tickets is that on Mondays to Fridays you can't travel during peak hours (i.e. 06.30-09.00 or, perhaps more relevantly, 16.00-18.30).

Thanks!

I'll leave amsterdam around 10:30 probably so should be fine