Best Kept Secret Festival 2018

mellowmaniac

What I remember from last year, from the top of my head:

- beer 4-4,5€ 0,4l (refundable hard cups)
- food 8-12€
- lockers are available
- I don't remember charging spots, you could rent power banks though
- in the camp you had 0,33 canned beer for 1€ (and in the Cashbah too)
- the path from the festival ground to - say - easy camping is nice, but long. It can be done in 15-20 minutes in a hurry, easily more. @DXPLXCXTYI'd certainly shoot for the camping closest to festival ground. 

On 6/4/2018 at 10:44 PM, arteet said:

Were all these camping areas open last year? Two years ago I stayed in the one bottom right of the map but I didn’t think that was open last year (could well be wrong though)

C62359BC-57F5-417B-BFE8-DAE880D1F513.png

Are those 3 camping areas pretty much the same in terms of vibe/facilities? Any reason other than proximity to pick one over the others? And does anyone know where the car park is in relation to this map? Lots of questions, sorry, it's my first BKS!

6 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Are those 3 camping areas pretty much the same in terms of vibe/facilities? Any reason other than proximity to pick one over the others? And does anyone know where the car park is in relation to this map? Lots of questions, sorry, it's my first BKS!

The thing I do know something about is parking. You have day parking for non-campers and overnight parking, the latter being a bit further away. Anyway, it is quite a walk to the entrance (easily 15-20+ minutes) where you'll get your wristband. After that it will be a fair bit of walking to the campgrounds (5-10+ minutes). So you'll see a lot of people using small carts to move their stuff, because you really want to walk only one time, even if you do a drop-off for your stuff nearby and then park. Bikes can be parked near the wristband-check.

Haven't camped here before, but never heard about differences between the sections. Issues with distribution of toilet/shower blocks should be resolved this year.

8 hours ago, StupidDream said:

The thing I do know something about is parking. You have day parking for non-campers and overnight parking, the latter being a bit further away. Anyway, it is quite a walk to the entrance (easily 15-20+ minutes) where you'll get your wristband. After that it will be a fair bit of walking to the campgrounds (5-10+ minutes). So you'll see a lot of people using small carts to move their stuff, because you really want to walk only one time, even if you do a drop-off for your stuff nearby and then park. Bikes can be parked near the wristband-check.

Haven't camped here before, but never heard about differences between the sections. Issues with distribution of toilet/shower blocks should be resolved this year.

Thanks for the info :-)

6 minutes ago, DXPLXCXTY said:

The weather keeps changing guys, hopefully the forecast for the next couple days will get better but it's super hot here rn. Fingers crossed 

It's crazy how often the weather forecast changed and the different forecast differ all the time. I guess we'll have to wait and see on location.

BTW: Susanne Sundfor did cancel and Mozes and the Firstborn will replace her set.

Ah man, there's something with me and Susanne Sundfør: third time I just miss her gig. At least my friend and I don't have to split up and we'll go and see The Districts.

Saturday and Sunday weather actually look pretty good now... Don't forget your sun block and glasses, guys ?

4 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Saturday and Sunday weather actually look pretty good now... Don't forget your sun block and glasses, guys ?

We might be lucky. Current forecast has possible thunderstorms tonight and Monday, but we might get away with just a shower or two over the weekend, if that. All pot luck really. It is going to be warm though.

https://www.weeronline.nl/Europa/Nederland/Hilvarenbeek/4058622

Just got a bit more work to finish off here, then heading to Tilburg this afternoon to visit a few of my favourite beer bars.

Have fun everyone.

• Upvote 2

Hello - I recently moved to Amsterdam and was really hoping to at least get a one day to BKS as the National are one of my favorite bands.  However, the easy camping and city center hotels have sold out limiting my options.  I was hoping for some advice as I have little experience with this festival or the intercity trains yet.  It seems there are some trains leaving from Train Station Tilburg around 1am headed to Amsterdam Centraal around 1am.  Is it possible and realistic to take the shuttle back to the Tilburg city center in time to catch this train if I left right after the National end at midnight?  I have sent a few messages directly to the festival but was curious if the board has any thoughts.  Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks

7 hours ago, Radio cure said:

Hello - I recently moved to Amsterdam and was really hoping to at least get a one day to BKS as the National are one of my favorite bands.  However, the easy camping and city center hotels have sold out limiting my options.  I was hoping for some advice as I have little experience with this festival or the intercity trains yet.  It seems there are some trains leaving from Train Station Tilburg around 1am headed to Amsterdam Centraal around 1am.  Is it possible and realistic to take the shuttle back to the Tilburg city center in time to catch this train if I left right after the National end at midnight?  I have sent a few messages directly to the festival but was curious if the board has any thoughts.  Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks

Should be possibl, if you want to be certain I recommand taking a cab back to the station Tilburg. You would be best off if you could catch the 00:54 option via Eindhoven and Utrecht, as the 1:02 and 2:21 options involve long legs in busses and long waits at stations.

27 minutes ago, Tijn said:

Should be possibl, if you want to be certain I recommand taking a cab back to the station Tilburg. You would be best off if you could catch the 00:54 option via Eindhoven and Utrecht, as the 1:02 and 2:21 options involve long legs in busses and long waits at stations.

Thanks Tijn very much appreciated. Is it relatively simple to get a cab from the grounds to Tilburg?