Best Kept Secret Festival 2018

mellowmaniac

1 hour ago, davides212 said:

Hi, how do we pay at the festival? By credit card or by cash? thanks 

You can also find it at the FAQ on the website (about cashless), but in short: the festival is cashless and you pay by debit or credit card (most cards are excepted). At the info desk you can also buy prepaid cards (+small fee).

12 hours ago, arteet said:

Were all these camping areas open last year? Two years ago I stayed in the one bottom right of the map but I didn’t think that was open last year (could well be wrong though)

C62359BC-57F5-417B-BFE8-DAE880D1F513.png

Where did you get that from? Is that this years? Been looking for a map for ages but can't find anything,

Is someone staying at the safari resort? They sent an email with the information that check in for the safari resort is open up from 3pm on Friday, what seems pretty late, with the program starting at 2pm and the camping site and the regular park with the other bungalows opening much earlier... Does anyone know something different?

27 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

Is someone staying at the safari resort? They sent an email with the information that check in for the safari resort is open up from 3pm on Friday, what seems pretty late, with the program starting at 2pm and the camping site and the regular park with the other bungalows opening much earlier... Does anyone know something different?

I am not staying there, but the regular check-in time for the resort (when there's no festival) is 3pm. So they probably kept it the same, something with cleaning and checking of accommodations I presume. Nevertheless it's weird...

Just now, StupidDream said:

I am not staying there, but the regular check-in time for the resort (when there's no festival) is 3pm. So they probably kept it the same, something with cleaning and checking of accommodations I presume. Nevertheless it's weird...

I think it might be an automated mail, not adapted to BKS. Probably we will receive an additional BKS-specific mail later on. It just doesn't make sense... ;)

1 minute ago, DXPLXCXTY said:

oh another quick question, advice on money to bring, I'm gonna take about 250eur should that be enough?

I depends what else you bring food and beverages wise and if you do have a credit card with you... The festival itself is cashless - you can pay via credit card or EC-card (contactless if possible) or you have to buy a cashcard (which did cost an additional 7 Euro last year and wasn't able to be topped up).

1 minute ago, DXPLXCXTY said:

oh another quick question, advice on money to bring, I'm gonna take about 250eur should that be enough?

If that's just for foods and drinks for one person during the three festival days, I would say that's surely enough. But I am a skinny guy and not a heavy drinker. Food may be a bit more expensive compared to other festivals, but also better quality and more diverse. For that money you probably get at least 3 decent meals, a snack and 7-10 drinks (depends what you get...) a day. Not accounting for any cheaper eating and drinking you might do at a campsite or otherwise. 

Free tap water is available near the toilets and you drink it with the (refundable) hard cups you get when you order a drink.

Yeah I've got a card and I was looking at getting the majority of beer from a supermarket the day beforehand, they sell 24 stubby cans for 20 euros which seems like a good idea to me.  I was also thinking of getting loads of snacks so I only really have to get 1/2 meals a day, in theory I want to spend about 60 before I get to bks and have 190 for beers and food when i'm there, 

I assume it's like 10eur for a decent sized food item and about 5eur for a pint of beer, which 190/250 overall should work fine.

my run is that I've got 400eur for the whole trip but I got paypal credit if I need it

2 minutes ago, DXPLXCXTY said:

Yeah I've got a card and I was looking at getting the majority of beer from a supermarket the day beforehand, they sell 24 stubby cans for 20 euros which seems like a good idea to me.  I was also thinking of getting loads of snacks so I only really have to get 1/2 meals a day, in theory I want to spend about 60 before I get to bks and have 190 for beers and food when i'm there, 

I assume it's like 10eur for a decent sized food item and about 5eur for a pint of beer, which 190/250 overall should work fine.

my run is that I've got 400eur for the whole trip but I got paypal credit if I need it

You just should be aware that you can't bring food and drinks from the campsite to the festival site. Depending on where you put up your tent you can easily spend 30-40 minutes walking from the festival site to your tent (one-way).

2 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

You just should be aware that you can't bring food and drinks from the campsite to the festival site. Depending on where you put up your tent you can easily spend 30-40 minutes walking from the festival site to your tent (one-way).

Thicc men like myself get there before 10:00am to avoid these situations. Lockers by the way? - Don't wanna lose that passport 

6 minutes ago, DXPLXCXTY said:

Thicc men like myself get there before 10:00am to avoid these situations. Lockers by the way? - Don't wanna lose that passport 

Yes, lockers are available just before the entrance gate of the festival site (based on last year). Not sure about the prices though, thought I had seen them somewhere...

Edit: Last year starting from €7,50 with various sizes and duration. Enough people to help you out.

Edited by StupidDream

1 hour ago, mellowmaniac said:

and can I bring food and drinks from the supermarket to the campsite? thanks

Edited by davides212

9 hours ago, mellowmaniac said:

I'm in the Safari Resort and had an email later this afternoon saying: "The Safari Resort will be open from 1 pm on Friday 8 June 2018 for visitors to the Best Kept Secret Festival. The festival grounds open on Friday at 2 pm. The first band will perform at 3 pm."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1