Best Kept Secret Festival 2018

mellowmaniac

8 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

Now also officially on the BKS line-up page. I hope they'll also confirm another batch of bands today.

Doubt it to be honest. Although the Warpaint pic could mean its possible I guess.

I've just received the text with the announcement and it only mentions AM.

EDIT - and the updated poster only appears to add AM

Edited by arteet

Yellowdays, Warpaint, Umfang, The Kills, The Districts, SYML, Susanne Sundfor, Sudan Archives, Ray Fuego, Palm, Optimo, Omni, Moaning, Mattiel, Lido Pimienta, Karen Elson, John Maus, Job Jobse, Gus Dapperton, Flohio, Downtown Boys, Cocainpiss, Bully, Arctic Monkeys, Angus And Julia Stone, All Them Witches

...a bit underwhelming.

From the festileaks board.

15 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Think they will wait for a week for the whole Arctic storm to calm down, so the new acts can receive the attention they deserve.

16 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

Yellowdays, Warpaint, Umfang, The Kills, The Districts, SYML, Susanne Sundfor, Sudan Archives, Ray Fuego, Palm, Optimo, Omni, Moaning, Mattiel, Lido Pimienta, Karen Elson, John Maus, Job Jobse, Gus Dapperton, Flohio, Downtown Boys, Cocainpiss, Bully, Arctic Monkeys, Angus And Julia Stone, All Them Witches

...a bit underwhelming.

From the festileaks board.

So, proven wrong immediately :P

But this wasn't supposed to come out before tonight. About half-way total number of acts now? For me always hard to say whether I am disappointed because I only know 5-10 acts really well and the others deserve a good listen first. At least nice set of headliners.

16 minutes ago, Orens said:

They are killing it on Twitter

20180129_202555.jpg

Haha, at least they have a good sense of humor. With so many people involved, also the case for PS, it's a small wonder things only leak close to the time of announcing. (Also most vulnerable moment of course.)

Edited by StupidDream

5 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Considering this festival for this year and the green coach company takes you from and back too London, has anyone done this before? Can comment on whether the return journey is as soul destroying as I imagine it to be?

I haven’t done this via Big Green Coach but did go from Manchester to Bestival with them last year. Slept most of the way back so that journey was actually alright but the journey on the way there was long.

Ive been to last 2 BKS and flew Manc to Amsterdam both times. It’s pretty easy getting from Amsterdam to the festival (one change on train). I think Eindhoven is closer too if that’s an option for you.

I assume the coach is a bit cheaper but I wouldn’t fancy that journey to be honest!

Sorry I can’t completely answer your question 

6 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Considering this festival for this year and the green coach company takes you from and back too London, has anyone done this before? Can comment on whether the return journey is as soul destroying as I imagine it to be?

Fly to Eindhoven from London. Piece of piss from there.

1 hour ago, arteet said:

I haven’t done this via Big Green Coach but did go from Manchester to Bestival with them last year. Slept most of the way back so that journey was actually alright but the journey on the way there was long.

Ive been to last 2 BKS and flew Manc to Amsterdam both times. It’s pretty easy getting from Amsterdam to the festival (one change on train). I think Eindhoven is closer too if that’s an option for you.

I assume the coach is a bit cheaper but I wouldn’t fancy that journey to be honest!

Sorry I can’t completely answer your question 

Thanks for the info!

Eurostar is probably the best option. Its much nicer and often quicker than flying once you've factored in faffing around at the airport. 

I've travelled London > Amsterdam and Paris > London on a megabus. Whilst its cheap as hell (and tbh its nicer than being on a plane), its an 11 hour slog I'd rather not do again in a hurry. 

First confirmations for Lowland and therefore 99% ruled out for BKS:

Gorillaz, The War On Drugs, Kendrick Lamar, Dua Lipa, Bonobo, Dropkick Murphy's, Rag N Bone Man, Bicep (Live), Gavin James, Fatima Yamaha, Spinvis, Grizzly Bear, Stormzy, BROCKHAMPTON, David August, Floating Points (solo live), H09909, Joost, Jordan Rakei, Little Simz, Protomartyr, Rhye, $uicide Boy$, Lauv, Zeal & Ardor.

Just here to say that the performance of Arcade Fire last year was awesome! Watched it live on my computer, managed to download the file and I watch it regularly now! What an amazing show!!!

Even did a "Listening Party" on the night where Radiohead were playing Glastonbury... AF live at BKS followed by the audio of Radiohead at Glasto!

Would love to go there someday :) but june is no option for me travel wise!

Not been to BKS before but considering it this year.  Was hoping for a bit of help with logistics if I don't camp and stay outside of the festival.  Have booked a hotel on the outskirts of Tilburg and wondering how easy it is to get to and from the festival from there?  From reading further up it seems there is a shuttle bus to and from Tilburg, but is there good taxi services as well that could be used?  And are any other nearby towns worth staying in and have good links to the festival?  Also, is staying outside the festival a common thing or does everyone tend to camp?  Cant quite figure it out from what I've read elsewhere online so any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

20 minutes ago, HappyWednesday said:

Not been to BKS before but considering it this year.  Was hoping for a bit of help with logistics if I don't camp and stay outside of the festival.  Have booked a hotel on the outskirts of Tilburg and wondering how easy it is to get to and from the festival from there?  From reading further up it seems there is a shuttle bus to and from Tilburg, but is there good taxi services as well that could be used?  And are any other nearby towns worth staying in and have good links to the festival?  Also, is staying outside the festival a common thing or does everyone tend to camp?  Cant quite figure it out from what I've read elsewhere online so any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

I'd say most people do camp or booked a bungalow (or other accomodation) on the site, but there is usually also a shuttle bus from Tilburg to BKS (no info on the website for 2018 so far, but I'm sure there will be one again). Public transportation in the Netherlands isn't difficult and you should be able to get to the bus stop for the shuttle bus quite easily. You can go by taxi (it's a 15-20 minute ride from Tilburg to the festival site), but it obviously will be much cheaper to use public transportation and the shuttle bus. The next cities would be Eindhoven and Breda, which are double distance than Tilburg. There are also other nice accomodations on the countryside, but with much worse logistics, if you won't go to the festival by car every day. I'm sure there will be an additon to the official FAQ later with more detailed infos about the shuttle service, or someone else here might answer who used it before.

Edited by mellowmaniac
  • Upvote 1

Depending on which outskirts of Tilburg you’re staying, you could also consider hiring bicycles. That’s what we did last year and we were in a hotel about 5-6 miles away from the festival, so about a 30min. ride. Did have excellent weather though, so that helped. 

Edited by visdave34

On 1/29/2018 at 2:10 PM, The Clearest Blue said:

Can't say anything about travelling from London, but Amsterdam is less than 2 hours (and about 30€) from Tilburg by train and Eindhoven about half an hour I suppose, if not less. Public transport in the Netherlands is good and reasonably priced. However you get there is up to you though...

• 2 weeks later...