Best Kept Secret Festival 2018

mellowmaniac

16 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Oh wow it just clicked that Arcade Fire headline a show in Rotterdam the day after BKS finishes. Am I right in thinking that's where most Brits head back from? P clever that.

Cheapest flights to/from NL from/to anywhere in the UK are probably the Ryanair flights from Eindhoven to Manchester and Stansted if you book early enough. Eindhoven is also the closest airport to BKS by far.

Next cheapest are EasyJet from Amsterdam to/from half a dozen places in the UK. Then Flybe also to/from Amsterdam. KLM and BA from Amsterdam can be cheap, but only if you're lucky.

Transavia used to have a cheap route from Rotterdam to Gatwick, but that was discontinued about 15-20 years ago.

3 hours ago, Trufflehound said:

Cheapest flights to/from NL from/to anywhere in the UK are probably the Ryanair flights from Eindhoven to Manchester and Stansted if you book early enough. Eindhoven is also the closest airport to BKS by far.

Next cheapest are EasyJet from Amsterdam to/from half a dozen places in the UK. Then Flybe also to/from Amsterdam. KLM and BA from Amsterdam can be cheap, but only if you're lucky.

Transavia used to have a cheap route from Rotterdam to Gatwick, but that was discontinued about 15-20 years ago.

Thanks, that is informative. I was thinking it was clever to do Rotterdam over Amsterdam but clearly not, it seems. :lol: Oh well it should suit the ferry people anyway.

The National, LCD Soundsystem, Chvrches, Deerhunter, Father John Misty, Four Tet, Future Islands, Rodriguez, Spoon, The Internet, Ty Segall, Tyler, The Creator, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Vince Staples, … And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, Aldous Harding, Alex Cameron, Khruangbin, Naaz, Preoccupations, Rex Orange County, Rostam, Shanti Celeste, Superorganism, The Comet Is Coming and Waxahatchee

6 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

The National, LCD Soundsystem, Chvrches, Deerhunter, Father John Misty, Four Tet, Future Islands, Rodriguez, Spoon, The Internet, Ty Segall, Tyler, The Creator, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Vince Staples, … And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, Aldous Harding, Alex Cameron, Khruangbin, Naaz, Preoccupations, Rex Orange County, Rostam, Shanti Celeste, Superorganism, The Comet Is Coming and Waxahatchee

Solid if unspectacular. 

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

I know the trains round Belgium and the Netherlands are all really good but I've ever done it on an interrail ticket... does anyone know roughly how much a single between Brussels or Amsterdam and Tilburg would be? 

Schiphol - Tilburg would be 18,90, from Amsterdam Central 18,10. Brussels would be more expensive I’d guess.

Solid but unspectacular would be my take on this announcement as well. Would have been ecstatic five years ago, but already seen most of these bands in the past years. Don’t see myself doing the full weekend, but I’ll might for a day ticket, especially if BKS would be able to get my bloody valentine.

VR: Chvrches, Deerhunter, Future Islands, Tyler The Creator, ... And You WIll Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, Naaz, Rex Orange County, The Comet Is Coming
ZA: The National, Four Tet (Live), The Internet, Vince Staples, Aldous Harding, Alex Cameron, Shanti Celeste
ZO: LCD Soundsystem, Father John Misty, Khruangbin, Rodriguez, Spoon, Ty Segall & The Freedom Band, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Preoccupations, Rostam, Superorganism, Waxahatchee

These are the full day splits, looking at quite a few more big names for the saturday I'd guess. 

28 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

How quickly does this usually sell out? I can’t imagine it being an instant sell out but I seem to remember last years tickets going pretty quickly, albeit as a result of the bigger headliners.

Last year was almost an instant sell out (or at least the Radiohead and AF days were). Other years it either hasn't sold out, or it sold out not long before the festival.

I can't imagine LCD and The National making it an instant sell out this time either.

• Like 1

I seem to recall the Radiohead day sold out within an hour. 

The weekend tickets were sold out before Christmas (I think)  and they were on sale on the 19th November. It had sold out with only Radiohead and Arcade Fire announced.

I don't think it will sell out instantly either although I do think its a good initial announcement. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, arteet said:

I seem to recall the Radiohead day sold out within an hour. 

The weekend tickets were sold out before Christmas (I think)  and they were on sale on the 19th November. It had sold out with only Radiohead and Arcade Fire announced.

I don't think it will sell out instantly either although I do think its a good initial announcement. 

If I remember correctly it was 4th of January. :)

Edit: it was an amusing day at work, so my daily highlight was Bks sold out :D

Edited by alan_ts

5 hours ago, Trufflehound said:

Last year was almost an instant sell out (or at least the Radiohead and AF days were). Other years it either hasn't sold out, or it sold out not long before the festival.

I can't imagine LCD and The National making it an instant sell out this time either.

Thanks, that’s pretty much what I remembered but nice to have it confirmed. I agree with your second point too. If I go it’ll probably be tied in with a few days in Amsterdam so hoping I have time to look into things first rather than having to decide straight away.

3 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Cracking announcement for me personally but you lot are right its nothing too unexpected and much more in keeping with the levels of previous years than last year. Shouldn't sell too quick. 

I'm hoping the final headline is Bjork or Massive Attack. 

Didn’t Massive Attack pull out of Down the Rabbit Hole last year? I figured they were more likely to headline there again. Also read something on reddit this morning that said Bjork was booked for this but the deal fell through recently but no idea where that came from. Would be happy with either as the final headliner though.