Best Kept Secret Festival 2018

mellowmaniac

13 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Would anyone really complain about a Beck return (thinking as sub)

I wouldn't. His new stuff is absolutely brilliant.

In a (subjective) perfect BKS world I'd love to have the Allpointseast Sunday lineup at BKS Sunday (or any other day) as well:

Björk

Beck

Father John Misty

Flying Lotus 3D

Edited by mellowmaniac

Due to the very strong first announcement of DTRH, their 30-Euro-off-each-ticket-if-you-buy-10-tickets offer and BKS' usual lack of communication we bought a 10 person group ticket for DTRH.

This doesn't mean a couple of us won't go to BKS, too, but definitely not the 18-20 people we were every year since the beginning.

With a good announcement not later than yesterday probably all of us would have returned to BKS (even though some of us weren't that happy with a couple of issues in the last two years), but with BKS' unpredictable booking philosophy and the doubt that they already would have made an announcement if they would have strong headliners to confirm, several of my friends went the safe way with buying those DTRH tickets (and as far as I could read on several boards and threads, they were not the only ones).

Edited by mellowmaniac

26 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

Due to the very strong first announcement of DTRH, their 30-Euro-off-each-ticket-if-you-buy-10-tickets offer and BKS' usual lack of communication we bought a 10 person group ticket for DTRH.

This doesn't mean a couple of us won't go to BKS, too, but definitely not the 18-20 people we were every year since the beginning.

With a good announcement not later than yesterday probably all of us would have returned to BKS (even though some of us weren't that happy with a couple of issues in the last two years), but with BKS' unpredictable booking philosophy and the doubt that they already would have made an announcement if they would have strong headliners to confirm, several of my friends went the safe way with buying those DTRH tickets (and as far as I could read on several boards and threads, they were not the only ones).

I didn't expect that, I thought you were involved someway with BKS ahah

1 hour ago, mellowmaniac said:

Does that offer still stand? I guess I missed it because I have to Google-translate everything DTRH-related! 

Edited by Orens

47 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Friend send me this screenshot when he wanted to visit the website!

Seems like it's gone by now

bks fa.png

Looks plausible and fairly genuine. If that's the case then we should have the first names fairly soon.

Forgot the dates were earlier next year, rules me out as it clashes with a family holiday.

28 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

If this one is no fake (I still can't imagine The Killers at BKS, but also couldn't imagine Editors) the other, fake looking picture from a couple of days ago might be correct:

IMG-20171128-WA0009.jpg.c938aa3ab9e1faf8a1aaa84accf50e0e.jpg

It's not because Courtney will tour Europe on her own, without Kurt.

3 hours ago, mellowmaniac said:

On other boards people discuss the possibility of The Cure and Muse as headliner for BKS. I think both don't really fit and both aren't very realistic, but who knows...

Muse definitely don't fit but The Cure are pretty in keeping with their previous bookings 

34 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Oh wow it just clicked that Arcade Fire headline a show in Rotterdam the day after BKS finishes. Am I right in thinking that's where most Brits head back from? P clever that.

Probably Amsterdam as I don't think the budget airlines fly to Rotterdam. But yeah that's still a good bit of planning whoever came up with that idea