Best Kept Secret Festival 2018

mellowmaniac

57 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

Only disappointed about  missing the Oh Sees and David Byrne out of that lot.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

Looks like there's plenty of options for BKS now.  Top end will surely consist of a combination of at least 2 of LCD, Bjork, The XX, The National, Gorillaz you would think.

With a next line of any of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Iggy Pop, Phoenix,  Future Islands,  Fleet Foxes,  Father John Misty,  Alt-J & more

Should be less of a gap between the headliners and the undercard for 2018 anyway.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

13 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Looks like there's plenty of options for BKS now.  Top end will surely consist of a combination of at least 2 of LCD, Bjork, The XX, The National, Gorillaz you would think.

With a next line of any of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Iggy Pop, Phoenix, Beck,  Future Islands,  Fleet Foxes,  Father John Misty,  Alt-J & more

Should be less of a gap between the headliners and the undercard for 2018 anyway.

Beck headlined 2016 and Alt J in 2015 so cant not sure they will be back so soon (although Caribou were towards top end of the bill in 2 of 3 years). Not sure Future Islands are big enough to headline are they? The others are fair shouts in my opinion. 

Edited by arteet

4 minutes ago, arteet said:

Beck headlined 2016 and Alt J in 2015 so cant not sure they will be back so soon (although Caribou were towards top end of the bill in 2 of 3 years). Not sure Future Islands are big enough to headline are they? The others are fair shouts in my opinion. 

Where have I said Beck? (deleted after I realised about 2016) :D

I meant the next line should be considered subs for BKS

50 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Where have I said Beck? (deleted after I realised about 2016) :D

I meant the next line should be considered subs for BKS

Initially thought that is a little optimistic and most of the names you mentioned would be more likely headliners than sub. Looking at the last couple of years I'm not really sure. They would be strong subs anyway. 

2017 - Metronomy, James Blake, George Ezra

2016 - Air, Christine & The Queens, Two Door

Edited by arteet

20 minutes ago, arteet said:

Initially thought that is a little optimistic and most of the names you mentioned would be more likely headliners than sub. Looking at the last couple of years I'm not really sure. They would be strong subs anyway. 

2017 - Metronomy, James Blake, George Ezra

2016 - Air, Christine & The Queens, Two Door

Thinking behind it is that they're not gonna reduce ticket prices after last year and they're probably not going to get headliners as big as AF and Radiohead because none of the contenders are of that size so I'm predicting bigger subs. Don't think that Future Islands, Fleet Foxes and for example Phoenix under the headliners is unrealistic tbh

Yeah I agree regarding ticket price - it was quite a jump from 2016 to 2017.

I wonder how long first announcement will be. They seem to have a slightly random approach.

• 2015 - February first announcement (Tickets on sale February?)
  • 2016 - Mid December for 2 headliners and a handful of stuff. Early Feb for bulk of line up. (Tickets on sale in December?)
  • 2017 - Radiohead 28/10. Arcade Fire 11/11. Bulk of line up 16/02. (Tickets went on sale 19th November)

Could be any time really couldn't it although for the last two years 2 of the 3 headliners had been announced by mid December and tickets were already on sale by this time last year.

12 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

I'm wondering if the recent Father John Misty confirmations rise or lower the chances for BKS...

He is playing Norway on 07.06., 11.06. and 14.06. Even though it is possible to do a show in the Netherlands on the 08.-10.06. the Norway shows seem to be pretty consistent.

The first date listed on his site is erroneously listed as Norway on Thursday when it's actually Denmark on Saturday (Northside Festival). Going from Netherlands on Friday, to Denmark for a show the next day and then on to Oslo for Monday actually makes sense in the routing of shows.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The first date listed on his site is erroneously listed as Norway on Thursday when it's actually Denmark on Saturday (Northside Festival). Going from Netherlands on Friday, to Denmark for a show the next day and then on to Oslo for Monday actually makes sense in the routing of shows.

Yes, you`re totally right.