Best Kept Secret Festival 2018

mellowmaniac

2 hours ago, Tijn said:

BKS has updated their site. With the National playing in Amsterdam on wednesday and thursday, I think we might see them confirmed on friday. 

I think chances are high that they will be confirmed up from Friday, but they are reasonably smaller than Radiohead and therfore I expect (or hope) for a first bunch of confirmed artists instead of only one act.

39 minutes ago, spudling said:

All points east festival in London have The National ,The XX,Lykke li,The war on drugs and Future islands playing between 1st and the 3rd of june so I would think BKS would be booking most if not all of those.

XX would make sense as Jamie headlined it before and may want to repay the favour. Looking like a realistic pool of the National, Nick Cave, XX and Gorillaz so far for headliners with maybe QOTSA and TWOD as outsiders.

4 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

XX would make sense as Jamie headlined it before and may want to repay the favour. Looking like a realistic pool of the National, Nick Cave, XX and Gorillaz so far for headliners with maybe QOTSA and TWOD as outsiders.

+ LCD Soundsystem 

Hoping for Nick Cave/The National/LCD personally 

Someone on a Dutch forum seems to know that Nick Cave will do Down The Rabbit Hole and not BKS. My guess at the moment would be The National/Gorillaz or LCD/The XX. One of LCD/Gorillaz doing DTRH in that case.

I expect QOTSA and TWOD to do Pinkpop.

Edited by visdave34

3 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Would be happy with Mogwai and Oh Sees from the Roskilde announcement 

Me too.

Also, Stuart Braithwaite and Martin Bulloch of Mogwai both have previous with BKS, having played there with Minor Victories in 2016. And they both seemed to be enjoying themselves then. That has to count for something... I guess.

6 minutes ago, Trufflehound said:

Me too.

Also, Stuart Braithwaite and Martin Bulloch of Mogwai both have previous with BKS, having played there with Minor Victories in 2016. And they both seemed to be enjoying themselves then. That has to count for something... I guess.

And for what it's worth: Mogwai were at BKS in 2014.

Edited by mellowmaniac

41 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

https://www.goldenplec.com/lcd-soundsystem-announce-malahide-castle-show/

LCD are now firmly in the mix for BKS with the announcement of the Dublin date.

This would be amazing! I have seen only one show of them back in the days and it was one of the best.

Fingers crossed for: The National - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - LCD Soundsystem

But to be honest, I doubt we will get more than one of these acts and most probably it will be The National, who I'd choose last.

• Upvote 1

Just now, mellowmaniac said:

This would be amazing! I have seen only one show of them back in the days and it was one of the best.

Fingers crossed for: The National - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - LCD Soundsystem

But to be honest, I doubt we will get more than one of these acts and most probably it will be The National, who I'd choose last.

I think there's a very good chance we'll get 2 out of those 3.

On 25-10-2017 at 3:57 PM, visdave34 said:

Someone on a Dutch forum seems to know that Nick Cave will do Down The Rabbit Hole and not BKS. My guess at the moment would be The National/Gorillaz or LCD/The XX. One of LCD/Gorillaz doing DTRH in that case.

I expect QOTSA and TWOD to do Pinkpop.

There you go, updated prediction for the Dutch festivals in June:

BKS: The National/LCD/The XX
Down The Rabbit Hole: Gorillaz/Nick Cave/TWOD
Pinkpop: Foos (confirmed)/Bruno Mars (confirmed)/ Pearl Jam

That leaves us with QOTSA... If Pearl Jam isn't coming through, I might see them headline Pinkpop. Don't think they would accept a 1hr slot as sub for Foos, would they?

3 hours ago, visdave34 said:

There you go, updated prediction for the Dutch festivals in June:

BKS: The National/LCD/The XX
Down The Rabbit Hole: Gorillaz/Nick Cave/TWOD
Pinkpop: Foos (confirmed)/Bruno Mars (confirmed)/ Pearl Jam

That leaves us with QOTSA... If Pearl Jam isn't coming through, I might see them headline Pinkpop. Don't think they would accept a 1hr slot as sub for Foos, would they?

QOTSA for Pukkelpop and Lowlands I reckon.

2 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

IMG-20171103-WA0005.jpg?resize=696%2C389

Fan made poster. Wouldn't have me rushing back tbh.

Can definitely see TWOD headlining, but only with two big headliners a la RTJ this year.

Having the likes of Childhood, Maximo Park and The Wombats that high on the bill would be disappointing. Can see them all playing (bar The Wombats who I think are in the states) but lower down. Would want YYYs, St Vincent etc. in that sort of position 

Can't be arsed making a poster but... 

Bjork / LCD Soundsystem / The National

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club / Courtney Barnett + Kurt Vile / Deerhunter / Flying Lotus 3D / Four Tet / Franz Ferdinand / Mogwai / St Vincent / Tyler, The Creator / Warpaint / Yeah Yeah Yeahs 

Alvvays / Bicep (Live) / Blossoms / Childhood / Clap Your Hands Say Yeah / Django Django / King Krule / Loyle Carner / Mount Kimbie / Perfume Genius / Pinegrove / Sampha / Sleaford Mods / Sylvan Esso / Tune-Yards / Waxahatchee / Wolf Parade / Young Fathers

Algiers / Baby In Vain / Big Thief / Cults / Fakear / Japanese Breakfast / Julien Baker / Mammut / Sheer Mag / Slotface / Superfood / 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2