Knebworth 2018

the wonderwhy

Alrighty then might as well start me up. 

New thing rumoured to be happening at Knebworth next year, presumably capitalising on the absence of Glasto. Supposed to be involving the Stones. What do we think- just a day or longer? 

Mr D. Plan has chucked The Arcade Fires in as a potential on the Latitude thread. Perhaps this could be a good opportunity to finally get a UK festival show out of Depeche Mode? 

Edited by MattDavies__

Dunno that Arcade Fire would be suited to an event centred around the Stones, if that's what it's to be. If it's just separate day events they'd be an obvious candidate though. Also Queens although obviously the assumption is their 'outdoor shows' will be under Live Nation rather than AEG.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/09/2017 at 11:22 PM, NickisGinger said:

This is really exciting if it's true. Only because I'm 20 mins away.

being 20 minutes away from Glastonbury would be a fecking nightmare....

having a 9 hour drive home like i have had in the last 2 years all adds to the character building.

• 1 month later...
Just now, jr1312 said:

Not sure it is actually going ahead

nor am I from the thing on music week that says it won't be a camping festival this year.

Tho it occurred to me that if AEG are putting on a one-off Stones gig there the two guys music week were speaking to are probably not the guys who'll be running that Stones show.

Which is why i chose to not suggest it's not going ahead. It still might be (unless you know different, &/or are working from different sources?).

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

nor am I from the thing on music week that says it won't be a camping festival this year.

Tho it occurred to me that if AEG are putting on a one-off Stones gig there the two guys music week were speaking to are probably not the guys who'll be running that Stones show.

Which is why i chose to not suggest it's not going ahead. It still might be (unless you know different, &/or are working from different sources?).

The person that I was talking to reckoned that the act they had been talking to wasn't looking likely anymore and that act wasn't the Stones

31 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

That piece def reads like the event is not happening in 2018. 

Has Music Week always been this clued up with rumours, leaks, info? This is the first year I've noticed they've got some big(ish) news before other outlets. Need to step it up @eFestivals (joking) :P

2 hours ago, craigb said:

That piece def reads like the event is not happening in 2018. 

it reads like a camping festival isn't happening. 

As I say, if there was a big one-off (or two of, whatever) show, those two probably wouldn't be the people dealing with it, and it's unlikely they'd go talking about other people's stuff.

2 hours ago, craigb said:

Has Music Week always been this clued up with rumours, leaks, info? 

yeah, it's always covered festie bits and pieces, tho it's mostly around the bigger players.