NOS Alive 2018 will take place in Lisbon (Alges) from 12th July til 14th July  ! I can't wait to come back after the last fantastic edition.

My dreamy (and not so unrealistic) line-up would be Pearl Jam - LCD Soundsystem - Mumford And Sons - The National - James - Airbourne - Damien Rice - Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls - JET  - The Districts - Reignwolf - Crystal Fighters - Gogol Bordello - George Ezra - Nothing But Thieves - The Smith Street Band - Arkells - The Cat Empire

What's yours ? :) 

6 hours ago, Tremousse said:

NOS Alive 2018 will take place in Lisbon (Alges) from 12th July til 14th July  ! I can't wait to come back after the last fantastic edition.

My dreamy (and not so unrealistic) line-up would be Pearl Jam - LCD Soundsystem - Mumford And Sons - The National - James - Airbourne - Damien Rice - Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls - JET  - The Districts - Reignwolf - Crystal Fighters - Gogol Bordello - George Ezra - Nothing But Thieves - The Smith Street Band - Arkells - The Cat Empire

What's yours ? :) 

PJ, Damien Rice, NIN, Live, Bush, Cigarettes After Sex, Prophets Of Rage, Wolf Alice, don't really need anything else 

• Like 1

Just signed up to the mailing list for this, previous line ups look top drawer. 

Whats the accommodation situation? Do you book into hotels/b&bs?

And what about booze? Well priced? Can you drink in the arenas?

I'd airbnb, somewhere on the cacais train line as you can get a combi ticket which gives you free train travel during the duration of the fest. 

Half litre beers are 4euro.

Yes you can drink these in arena. It is an awesome festival. Wish I was there this year but can't convince the GF to do same city two years in a row. Off to sister fest Bilbao BBK this year. Enjoy

Thanks for the reply. Really tempted for the fallow year, and the other big U.K. festivals don’t appeal any more. It’s NOS or one of the smaller ones over here. 

3 hours ago, Green.flash said:

Whats the accommodation situation? Do you book into hotels/b&bs?

I camped two years ago. The festival partners up with the Lisboa camping&bungalows - a proper camp, not just a nearby field where you can set your tent up.

It's extremely cheap (around 30€/person for 4 nights if you bring your own tent if I remember correctly, there are different packages of course, but all of them cheap). There's a pool with a bar and a DJ during the day, you have a mini market and a restaurant. Plenty of showers and toilets, shade everywhere. The camp does get pretty packed during the festival days which brings a lot of queuing up, but also a ton of fun people to hang out and party with. There's also a regular free shuttle bus to and from the festival site.

If anything's changed last year please correct me.

Opene'er has already confirmed Gorillaz as its first headliner. I think they clearly will be playing in Portugal, but I am not sure what festival will receive them. Still, NOS is my first guess, obviously

I also think that Gorillaz will play NOS.

BBK announced them + Gorillaz, and said that the XX are exclusive to Spain and Portugal. Didn't say anything about Gorillaz, and I don't see them playing Primavera Porto.

19 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

Presumably this rules them out of the porto leg of primavera?

Would have thought so.

I'm assuming that Pearl Jam will be announced for NOS at the same time as Mad Cool now. which should be early December by the looks of it.

On 10/11/2017 at 12:34 PM, DiscothequeDave said:

Would have thought so.

I'm assuming that Pearl Jam will be announced for NOS at the same time as Mad Cool now. which should be early December by the looks of it.

Let's hope so :):):) :rolleyes: The good thing with NOS Alive, is that the city and the people (and the campsite) are so amazing, that even if I hope some names, I don't care of the line-up, it's a bonus !! I've already bought my tickets by the way before The National was announced !

40 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

FATM seems very likely now unfornatley 

I think that Portuguese crowd + FATM is a potentially good combo !

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

I think that Portuguese crowd + FATM is a potentially good combo !

Yh I suppose, don't get me wrong it will be a great booking for NOS but with pearl jam also rumoured doesn' leave much space for headliners I'm wanting to catch 

20 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Yh I suppose, don't get me wrong it will be a great booking for NOS but with pearl jam also rumoured doesn' leave much space for headliners I'm wanting to catch 

:) Which headliners do you want ?  (Pearl Jam would be insane)