NOS Alive 2018

Tremousse

On 5/18/2018 at 9:03 AM, oldie666 said:

Kaleo is nice) Maybe Massive Atack can perform at 12?
Also, is this line-up close to truth? https://clashfinder.com/s/nos18/?user=0e8zah.z2&amp
QOTSA and PTM at the same time is sad (

Main stage is probably correct, although some sort of late night dance act on July 12 and everything else an hour earlier wouldn't be weird for me... And just looking at it: QotSA at 02:00 seems weird, and hasn't happened in previous editions. Maybe because of Mad Cool we have these very late night shows.

But I don't know where the tent is based on... Could totally see some names being shuffled around. Would also like a different position for Portugal. The Man and Yo La Tengo...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Only real issue here would be The National vs. Portugal. The Man, especially because my friend really wants to see the latter. We've sort of seen The National recently, but they were great and wouldn't mind seeing them again. Friday will be really packed for me! Other days more relaxed regarding the must-sees.

Can we expect loads of people waiting in the front for PJ basically all evening? 

6 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Only real issue here would be The National vs. Portugal. The Man, especially because my friend really wants to see the latter. We've sort of seen The National recently, but they were great and wouldn't mind seeing them again. Friday will be really packed for me! Other days more relaxed regarding the must-sees.

Can we expect loads of people waiting in the front for PJ basically all evening? 

Ah yeah they’re on the same schedule. My friend wants to see both of them too..for the first time. Haha. It’s going to be a tough decision.

But if we go see Portugal The Man, we’re going to miss the first songs of Queens of the Stone Age. Haha. 

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

Looking at those timings, NIN seem to have a very short set. Wouldn’t they be starting a lot earlier than 2055 if snore patrol are at 2220  ?

I don’t know. They would probably start earlier than 20:55 if Bryan Ferry’s set would be shorter than 1,5 hours. 

NIN has short set also at Mad Cool on Sunday.

Somebody (thanks!) updated the clashfinder of arcuse: https://clashfinder.com/s/nos18/

Indeed weird NiN just got 55 minutes here, expected more like the 1h20 they've got at Mad Cool. 

I am also really interested in how much time it takes to walk from main stage to the Sagres stage. I reckon 5-10 minutes?

14 hours ago, themaddiefox said:

Will the artists’ merchandises be sold at the festival? 

The map on the website shows a big merchandising booth off the main stage. Have not been to previous editions, but I've seen videos and pictures of them selling both merch of artists and the festival itself. Plus I've never been to a festival where they didn't sell artist merchandising. 

2 hours ago, StupidDream said:

Somebody (thanks!) updated the clashfinder of arcuse: https://clashfinder.com/s/nos18/

Indeed weird NiN just got 55 minutes here, expected more like the 1h20 they've got at Mad Cool. 

I am also really interested in how much time it takes to walk from main stage to the Sagres stage. I reckon 5-10 minutes?

The map on the website shows a big merchandising booth off the main stage. Have not been to previous editions, but I've seen videos and pictures of them selling both merch of artists and the festival itself. Plus I've never been to a festival where they didn't sell artist merchandising. 

It annoys me they will only play for 55 minutes..seeing as NIN is the artist that I want to see the most in this festival. 

Sadly first day is kinda poor - I expected NIN to close the day after AM, or at least play for an hour and a half. I don't really understand all the hype around Snow Patrol.
Plus it would be better to throw a couple of gigs from the second and third day to 12 july (for example Future Islands, P.TM, Rag 'N Bone Man etc.).
Sweet-sweet dreams...

Edited by oldie666