NOS Alive 2018

Tremousse

18 minutes ago, mike86 said:

Does anyone have an idea of the drinks prices? 

I'm obviously not going to have the supplies that id have at an english festival. Will a day of drinking break the bank? 

4 euro for 40cl beer.. last year..

expensive for a portuguese wallet.. cheap for international fellas i believe :D

On 14/02/2018 at 12:09 PM, foolee said:

Do you know if there's anywhere I can get a full weekend ticket? As I can see day tickets and 2 day tickets but not the full 3 days anywhere. 

Sign up to ticket alerts on the ticketswap app. I've found it quite easy to pickup tickets for other sold out festivals closer to the date. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Miloliquorice said:

5/6p.m. start each day thru til 4/5a.m. depending on the stage. 

If you don't want to walk 5-7 km around the freeway I advise you to leave at the last song of the headliner of leave at last. They close the "fast" exit to the train station so you have to walk a long route to take the train or cab.

9 minutes ago, Red Day said:

We're staying in Torre De Belem.  Anyone know how far that is from the site and how long it would take to walk after the festival.  Thanks

Torre de Belem is absolutely perfect. 15-20 minutes walk, I’d say!

Easy access to City centre through train or taxi too. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Torre de Belem is absolutely perfect. 15-20 minutes walk, I’d say!

Easy access to City centre through train or taxi too. 

Brilliant, thanks for the reply.  It didn't look that far on the map but these things can be deceptive

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

Brilliant, thanks for the reply.  It didn't look that far on the map but these things can be deceptive

Google maps says 25 minutes, but still very doable (and way better than queing for taxis or trains). Where are you staying? Friends of ours stayed at Palacio de Governador, which is opposite the Torre. Great hotel, had a swim there everyday and reception called us taxis back into the city centre (where we were staying) every morning. 

1 minute ago, visdave34 said:

Google maps says 25 minutes, but still very doable (and way better than queing for taxis or trains). Where are you staying? Friends of ours stayed at Palacio de Governador, which is opposite the Torre. Great hotel, had a swim there everyday and reception called us taxis back into the city centre (where we were staying) every morning. 

Got an airbnb.  Mate booked it so not sure address.  Really looking forward to it.  Been to RW last 3 years and needed a change and NOS looked perfect when we saw the National and QOTSA announced.  Became totally perfect when Pearl Jam got announced.  Also noticed Stone Sour are playing in Lisbon on the Weds and so are the Scorpions, so might get a gig in the night before

Is there a lot of airbnbs close to the venue? I reserved a hostel, but I’m also considering if there are other options near the venue. 

On 2/16/2018 at 1:43 AM, Red Day said:

Got an airbnb.  Mate booked it so not sure address.  Really looking forward to it.  Been to RW last 3 years and needed a change and NOS looked perfect when we saw the National and QOTSA announced.  Became totally perfect when Pearl Jam got announced.  Also noticed Stone Sour are playing in Lisbon on the Weds and so are the Scorpions, so might get a gig in the night before

On 2/15/2018 at 10:22 PM, with_tired_eyes said:

If you don't want to walk 5-7 km around the freeway I advise you to leave at the last song of the headliner of leave at last. They close the "fast" exit to the train station so you have to walk a long route to take the train or cab.

What time do they usually close the fast exit? Before the last headliner finishes their performance?

3 hours ago, themaddiefox said:

Is there a lot of airbnbs close to the venue? I reserved a hostel, but I’m also considering if there are other options near the venue. 

There was a few but we booked it last November I think it was. I’d think most are booked now but worth a look. 

5 hours ago, themaddiefox said:

What time do they usually close the fast exit? Before the last headliner finishes their performance?

I think it depends on how many people are leaving at the same time. Last year I just go within the last song of Depeche Mode and it worked. In 2015 I had to walk the far distance every time, while leaving after the headliners finished...

9 hours ago, themaddiefox said:

They’re in both festivals. Haha.

Pretty cool isn't it... booked tickets when there was hardly anyone announced and now it feels like we chose right.. never been to Lisbon so really looking forward to not wearing wellies and dancing in the mud!!

4 hours ago, with_tired_eyes said:

I think it depends on how many people are leaving at the same time. Last year I just go within the last song of Depeche Mode and it worked. In 2015 I had to walk the far distance every time, while leaving after the headliners finished...

How difficult is it to grab a taxi/uber?

I'm staying pretty central. A 10 minute drive, but 2 hour walk so it looks like the only option will be a taxi. Will possibly get my hotel to pre-book one if thats possible. 

4 hours ago, with_tired_eyes said:

But it’s safe to walk the far distance, right? I mean it’s really late and almost morning no one is going to harm you or whatever? I’ve never been to the festival and Portugal before. This will be my first.