Predictions for 2018

xxialac

21 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Amyl & the Sniffers > This Is The Kit > Josh T. Pearson >  Big Thief > St. Vincent

Screaming Females > Insecure Men > Omar Souleyman > (Sandy) Alex G > Shame > Sunflower Bean > Soccer Mommy > Hookworms > Vampire Weekend

Titus Andronicus > Ezra Furman > Idles > White Denim > Ariel Pink

Go on then, tell me where I'm fucking up.

my current plan:

friday - Penelope Isles > Hiss Golden Messenger > This Is The Kit > Warmduscher > Big Thief/Fat White Family > St Vincent > Protomartyr (reckon this will be set of the weekend).

saturday - Insecure Men > Duds > Flat Worms/Omar Souleyman > Shame > Mulatu Astatke > Hookworms > Oh Sees > James Holden & The Animal Sprits

sunday - Richard Dawson > Amen Dunes > Cut Worms > Julia Holter > IDLES > White Denim > Ariel Pink (altho he was shite at Primavera so may just boy it off and go to the tipi)

On 7/20/2018 at 9:16 AM, bobbyperu said:

Mdou Moctar and Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith out and Shopping, Hater, Daniel Blumberg and Amyl and The Sniffers in.

The Orielles have been move up the bill to replace KAS and now look like clashing with Big Thief unfortunately.

I like Orielles A LOT (ask Born In The Fifties, they were good at GM last year and in gig end last year) but they underwhelmed at Latitude on a stage that should have been 'them'. Easy choice to go Big Thief on a perfect, perfect stage for Ms Lenker.

5 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

my current plan:

friday - Penelope Isles > Hiss Golden Messenger > This Is The Kit > Warmduscher > Big Thief/Fat White Family > St Vincent > Protomartyr (reckon this will be set of the weekend).

saturday - Insecure Men > Duds > Flat Worms/Omar Souleyman > Shame > Mulatu Astatke > Hookworms > Oh Sees > James Holden & The Animal Sprits

sunday - Richard Dawson > Amen Dunes > Cut Worms > Julia Holter > IDLES > White Denim > Ariel Pink (altho he was shite at Primavera so may just boy it off and go to the tipi)

Warmduscher are playing a late slot, probably clashing with Protomartyr

Friday - Stella Donnelly > Creatures > Hiss Golden Messenger > Lucy Dacus > Warmduscher > Big Thief > St. Vincent
Saturday - A. Wesley Chung > Shannon & The Clams > Carolin Spence > Samuel R. Saffery > Shame > Sunflower Bean > Soccer Mommy > Vampire Weekend
Sunday - Haley Heynderickx > Anna Burch > Damien Jurado > Amen Dunes > Jonathan Wilson > Julia Holter > Ezra Furman > Idles > White Denim

5 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Why does nobody have Feist in their plans? Are you people quite well?

I dunno man she's got some nice songs but I'm not really convinced it's a show I need to see. Same as last year neither neither of the Sunday headliners are massively exciting to me, which is a shame. I guess I do need to listen to them both more. Ariel Pink after should be good at least.

(and to be fair, Sunday has the mother all sub+3rd runs going for it)

Edited by Mash011

Friday Lucy Dacus> josh t pearson> Big Thief> Protomartyr

Sat julien Baker> Alex g> Mulatu Astatke> Hookworms > Destroyer> Soccer Mommy shame> oh sees> James Holden> snapped ankles 

Sun The Posies> Amen Dunes> Julia holter> Japanese Breakfast > Iceage > Idles> Ariel pink> Snail mail 

Edited by wolfamongwolves

So here's a question - is there any way to keep track of who's going to play on the piano stage? Does it get tweeted out in advance anywhere or is it literally just a matter of being lucky enough to be there when they show up? Got lucky enough to stumble into the Real Estate set last year but I'd be devastated to miss it if Titus Andronicus or Ezra Furman showed up there.

On 8/2/2018 at 9:53 PM, shoebox said:

Follow the Line of Best Fit Twitter feed is usually a good start. Think they're usually responsible for arranging all the secret sets around the site

Cheers, will do. Got no signal most of the weekend last time round but fingers crossed I'll get luckier this time.

4 hours ago, The Nal said:

Theres a shitload of clashes in there, the bastards. 

Not too bad for me. What's giving you palpatations, mate? Only 2 that are really upsetting me, Ezra Furman vs John Cale and Jeff Tweedy vs St Vincent. Everything else is not too bad, and I can live with. One of the great advantages of Larmer Tree Gardens is the ability to cach half a set, then move on to another. No Glastonbury style trudging for 40 minutes from Park to Acoustc or whatever. 

49 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Not too bad for me. What's giving you palpatations, mate? Only 2 that are really upsetting me, Ezra Furman vs John Cale and Jeff Tweedy vs St Vincent. Everything else is not too bad, and I can live with. One of the great advantages of Larmer Tree Gardens is the ability to cach half a set, then move on to another. No Glastonbury style trudging for 40 minutes from Park to Acoustc or whatever. 

Yeah having gone through the clashfinder its not as bad as I originally thought. A couple I can do a 50/50 on if needs be.

And I of course was thinking Glasto walking times! This time I may use that extra time to stop for a beer. 

On 8/8/2018 at 9:50 AM, robith said:

sigh

One of my old time favourite bands, but not sure that will translate well to outdoors

I kind of feel like there must been some oversight from the bookers putting them on that stage, it's really not going to be ideal for the acoustic show. As resident superfan I'll be on the barrier singing my heart out for them and Ezra anyway but definitely feel some of the crowd will be disappointed.

7 hours ago, Mash011 said:

I kind of feel like there must been some oversight from the bookers putting them on that stage, it's really not going to be ideal for the acoustic show. As resident superfan I'll be on the barrier singing my heart out for them and Ezra anyway but definitely feel some of the crowd will be disappointed.

One of my favourite things to do is go nuts to Titus and sing every word, but will feel a bit weird at an acoustic show