Predictions for 2018

xxialac

20 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Is Ezra really doing lots of sets or is that just presuming based on previous? I could happily see him half a dozen times.

For me the fact he has done surprise sets before to me increases the chance that he *won't* do them this year.

Looks a bit quiet in here now it's kicked off but I was chatting to a lad at the bar last night from a band who played on the Rising stage at GM. He said that Black Midi are definitely doing the secret slot on Sunday night... really is worth a look. 

Well my prediction was totally wrong. I'd thought Big Thief on the Garden Stage would be special but they really seemed thrown after some stage monitoring difficulties. However, my top 5 acts of the weekend, in no particular order, were:

Shame
St. Vincent
Stella Donnelly
Lucy Dacus
Sunflower Bean

What were yours?

After 10 years of attending, probably my best EOTR yet - for the outstanding depth of quality of the artists across the whole weekend, as well as the weather. Saturday was my birthday and it was like the dream day of music + sunshine + Bloody Mary's + Beavertown. It'll live long in the memory.