Predictions for 2018

xxialac

I'm fretting that Richard Dawson (who I love deeply) isn't right for a sunny (yes, sunny) Sunday lunchtime on the Garden stage. Has anyone seen him 1) outside and 2) during the day and can you put my mind at rest?

6 hours ago, Mardy said:

I'm fretting that Richard Dawson (who I love deeply) isn't right for a sunny (yes, sunny) Sunday lunchtime on the Garden stage. Has anyone seen him 1) outside and 2) during the day and can you put my mind at rest?

He played the equivalent stage during the day at Green Man a couple of years ago and was magnificent so I wouldn't worry.

The clash with The Liminanas is the real pisser.

• Upvote 1

I’m a big fan of the tipi tent. Dunno why, but it always feels very special and some of the most memorable sets I’ve seen at eotr have been there. I don’t necessarily mean the late night sets, the regular stuff also has a great feel in there. John Murry, The Burning Hell, Sam Lee, Andrew Coombs, loads of brilliant stuff there. 

And this years’ Saturday lineup for there is superlative, Gwenno, Soccer Mommy, Snapped Ankles and Sweet Baboo. Amazing.

Btw, that doesn’t mean i don’t love the Garden Stage too, cos i really do. Even the Woods stage, which i occasionally hear people moaning about, is, for me, a fantastic place to see bands. 3 weeks to go, can’t wait. 

It’s only the Big Top which scares me a bit.

4 hours ago, RedRockRick said:

The Big Top is the Black Hole of, uh, Kolkata of live music.

The Big Top is the only place that can feel truly packed and it's the only stage with a mushy sound system. Everywhere else usually sounds great. 

12 minutes ago, domjon said:

Big top is fine dude don't worry. 

The year before last it had my top three sets tbh...Steve Mason, Beak and Money

The secret is to stand very central, somewhere in front of the mixing desk, for bands you really want to see. Anywhere off to the sides and it sounds like a wet cardboard box being thumped with a wooden spoon.

• Upvote 1