Predictions for 2018

xxialac

They're not going to start staggering the Woods/Garden stage headliners, surely...I mean the whole point is that people opt for one or the other so you don't have everybody turning up at the same stage.

I hope that's a mistake and they just mean one will start slightly later than the other so you can catch a little bit of one if you want.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2018 at 12:47 PM, xxialac said:

Mates saw Idles and Josh T Pearson and said very good things too.

IDLES were incredible at Primavera. Unmissable.

On 6/21/2018 at 9:13 AM, RedRockRick said:

Going from past years, it usually sells out about a month or so before kick-off. They do issue warnings as numbers run down.

nice one thanks man!

21 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Me too, so I'm up for this.

nice one, hopefully some more efesters will be going solo and we can get this up and running. I've also joined the ''End of the Road - Happy Campers'' facebook group. It's for those who are going on their own, does seem to skew a bit older though. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Andeeroo said:

How busy does the cinema get?

Last year was my first visit to eotr so others may have better knowledge but the cinema varied. Watched some of No Country For Old Men late on the saturday night/early hours of sunday morning and it was probably half full (I arrived a third of th way through the film. Conversely, we tried to get in for My Life As A Courgette around midday on Sunday and it was full in advance, although I suspect that had a lot to do with the rain!

It seemed very popular and I'm not surprised. The Twin Peaks design of the cinema entrance and nearby area (think the red room and famous town sign) were excellent. I hope they keep it the same for this year!

Edited by rhg_99

The cinema was completely revamped last year, and I never tried to watch anything, so can only speak from experience of previous set-ups. It has historically been difficult to get into after dark, but with the introduction of more going on at night now, (karaoke, silent disco, secret sets, comedy, etc.)  I don't know whether that is still the case. The problem I always used to have with it was it wasn't tiered, so if the film had subtitles and you were at the back, good luck reading them! That said, the only time I experienced this was when I went to watch The Raid one night, and it hardly mattered what the dialogue was to be honest!

• 2 weeks later...

Starting to get fully excited for this, looking like it's gonna be my only camping festival of the year so making the most of it. Been digging into that line up properly and filling out my clashfinder, bit more to go but currently looking like:

Amyl & the Sniffers > This Is The Kit > Josh T. Pearson >  Big Thief > St. Vincent

Screaming Females > Insecure Men > Omar Souleyman > (Sandy) Alex G > Shame > Sunflower Bean > Soccer Mommy > Hookworms > Vampire Weekend

Titus Andronicus > Ezra Furman > Idles > White Denim > Ariel Pink

Go on then, tell me where I'm fucking up.