Predictions for 2018

xxialac

Green man ruled out king Gizz so predicting unknown mortal orchestra, soccer mommy, sunflower bean, superorganism and I know it's unlikely because of Green man but Grizzly Bear are my ideal announcement and they're not green man headliners so crossover could occur 

If we get UMO, I'll be very happy. The mention of Young Fathers though is very exciting and plausible; they could be a stand-out performance.

Would love Phoebe Bridgers (I know she's at Green Man but if both her and Julien Baker were at EOTR...) and Soccer Mommy.

Other acts I wouldn't mind materialising:

Tom Misch
Gengahr
Annabel Allum
Moby would make for an interesting Adam Buxton podcast guest  - which is the most middle-class sentence I can think of
Editors
Twin Shadows
Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - surely?
Nick Mulvey
tUnEyArDs
U.S. Girls
Night Beds

3 hours ago, finn_with_1_n said:

The mention of Young Fathers though is very exciting and plausible; they could be a stand-out performance.

Young Fathers are at Electric Fields that same weekend which already shares a few acts so could definitely see us getting them. Would be an excellent Big Top headliner.

8 hours ago, finn_with_1_n said:

If we get UMO, I'll be very happy. The mention of Young Fathers though is very exciting and plausible; they could be a stand-out performance.

Would love Phoebe Bridgers (I know she's at Green Man but if both her and Julien Baker were at EOTR...) and Soccer Mommy.

Other acts I wouldn't mind materialising:

Tom Misch
Gengahr
Annabel Allum
Moby would make for an interesting Adam Buxton podcast guest  - which is the most middle-class sentence I can think of
Editors
Twin Shadows
Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - surely?
Nick Mulvey
tUnEyArDs
U.S. Girls
Night Beds

For me, Phoebe Bridgers would be a great addition, as would U.S. Girls, Titus Andronicus and Mitski

Edited by psbros

22 hours ago, RustySpanner said:

Not a great fan but The Orielles would seem a very EOTR type booking.

Hoping for Lucy Dacus to make a return.

Both would be great. The new Lucy Dacus album not quite as stunning as the first, but still good, with some great highlights. Will be seeing her at The Louisiana in Bristol in April. At the Crofters Rights last year she had about 10 in the audience, which I found shocking given her talent, but I was glad to be so close to the band!

On 04/03/2018 at 12:36 AM, WM Hall said:

yikes, Editors would be the death of EOTR

in all honesty, I only wrote them after scrolling through my Spotify "Release Radar" and recognising their name. All I remembered from listening to them years ago was how 'gloomy' they were. Just listened again and, yeah, they're shit.

On 04/03/2018 at 7:54 AM, psbros said:

For me, Phoebe Bridgers would be a great addition, as would U.S. Girls, Titus Andronicus and Mitski

Yep, any of those would be brilliant.

My highest of high hopes is that Feist is actually The Garden Stage headliner and in a twist, Bon Iver are headlining The Woods. They just postponed it until after his London dates. Near-impossible and it won't happen but that is my ideal announcement for this week.

Much more realistic bookings: White Reaper, Hinds and Milk Disco?

Edited by finn_with_1_n