Predictions for 2018

xxialac

5 hours ago, zahidf said:

I think vampire weekend fans are similar to Mac De Marco fans im afraid.  

This has confused the hell out of me.

Listening to their stuff for the first time really, it seems like it's arty, frilly pop. I would have thought their fans are gentle bookish types.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

This has confused the hell out of me.

Listening to their stuff for the first time really, it seems like it's arty, frilly pop. I would have thought their fans are gentle bookish types.

Saw them at Glastonbury can't say the crowd were boisterous or particularly young. The last album was a very good album. 

2 hours ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Oh yeah, it was awful. The Big Top was crammed for most of it. However seeing Perfume Genius' performance in the rain was certainly on the good side of biblical

I loved Julia Jacklin's performance in the pouring rain as well...in fact I actually think it made the whole thing quite special.

47 minutes ago, robertjohnmalkin said:

So YLT it is then. Vampire Weekend, St Vincent, Feist, Ezra Thurman top line acts with plenty of interest lower down. Room for a few more headline bands I'd have thought. YLT much admired not much listened to but I'm happy to have my mind changed on the day. 

All wood stage headliners are in the current anouncement.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, WM Hall said:

Usually around 100-110 actually. I haven't counted this year's but looks like 65ish so far.

62 announced yesterday. Last year's Clashfinder shows 99 named acts, plus the usual secret sets, so plenty still to come.

Not sure if any headliners are still TBA for Woods or Garden stages. YLT definites for Thu on Woods, and presume VW and St Vincent for the Woods two other nights. Is Feist a cert for the other Woods slot, or can we still hope/pray/expect The Decemberists? ;)

I don't think all of the headliners are normally included in the first announcement. Having said that , I guess it depends on whether the acts themselves want to stagger announcements based on other tour sales, etc.

44 minutes ago, idyllwild said:

62 announced yesterday. Last year's Clashfinder shows 99 named acts, plus the usual secret sets, so plenty still to come.

Not sure if any headliners are still TBA for Woods or Garden stages. YLT definites for Thu on Woods, and presume VW and St Vincent for the Woods two other nights. Is Feist a cert for the other Woods slot, or can we still hope/pray/expect The Decemberists? ;)

I don't think all of the headliners are normally included in the first announcement. Having said that , I guess it depends on whether the acts themselves want to stagger announcements based on other tour sales, etc.

"Headlining this year will be the incredible Vampire Weekend - announcing their first show in four years - and Feist, who will both make their long-awaited Larmer Tree debuts for their only UK festival appearances of the summer. Joining them will be the dazzling St. Vincent and our Thursday night headliners, Yo La Tengo, who will open #EOTR18." 

Feist is defintely a  headliner, though they might do what they did with Callahan and stick her on the garden stage and have whoever is meant to play the garden stage play Woods stage, don't expect a new big act to be announced if this happens as everyone thought when Bill Callahan got moved to the Garden stage we would get a new headliner and we didn't we just got JMAC swapped

A bit late to the party with this post, but yeah, phenomenal line up! Not a big fan of any of the three main headliners, but that's never been a problem in the past. Plus I can count two of my favourite artists of all time (Mulatu Astatke and Yo La Tengo), two of my favourites from the last few years (Protomartyr and Amen Dunes) and two old favourites that I haven't listened to in a while but am eager to return to (The Low Anthem and Jim White). Pretty stacked bill all around.

On 2/5/2018 at 10:38 AM, rug568 said:

hopefully the acid throwers will stay away

'be fine for a gig, the acid incident happened at one of their rave nights didn't it? It's not the kind of place I'd want to be hanging about at 5 in the morning tbh. I'm back there soon myself to see Clinic

33 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The The now active at beginning of September.

Would make a brilliant garden headliner 

Already confirmed for Festival No. 6 the following week, so wouldn't happen this year. 

But in the future maybe, although I reckon more likely to be Woods stage than Garden stage, as they're always bigger than I tend to think - I remember them headlining the Saturday at Reading in 1993.

1 minute ago, Goodfinger said:

Already confirmed for Festival No. 6 the following week, so wouldn't happen this year. 

But in the future maybe, although I reckon more likely to be Woods stage than Garden stage, as they're always bigger than I tend to think - I remember them headlining the Saturday at Reading in 1993.

Ah, yes, you're right - that's a real shame. Next year please.

22 minutes ago, Goodfinger said:

Why does them being there the week after mean they are not for this year?

I read the Number 6 announcement which just says "Festival No.6 is the band’s only confirmed UK date outside of London" so perhaps they will play others but are not yet confirmed??