Predictions for 2018

xxialac

Green Man tends to be a lot of the previous year's EOTR and it has happened again....Ider, Omni, Bo Ningen, Xylouris White, Goat Girl, Beak, Baxter Dury, Lemon Twigs - all at last year's EOTR. Having said that, John Grant is always excellent, as are PSBroadcasting, and Courtney Marie Andrews would be brilliant. My personal wish is for Jagwar Ma, Ride, Django Django, John Grant and how about a bit of reggae from 6 Music 'flavour of the month' Hollie Cook?

Any clues from the primavera lineup? I know it’s a few months before, but just seeing who is touring this year

spiritualized would be good. No point in trying to guess as always have no idea, but always pleasantly surprised. Are MBV likely to play?

im guessing MBV, Bon Iver and Bonnie Prince Billy. Which means it isn’t going to be any of them.

1 hour ago, sthorpe said:

Any clues from the primavera lineup? I know it’s a few months before, but just seeing who is touring this year

spiritualized would be good. No point in trying to guess as always have no idea, but always pleasantly surprised. Are MBV likely to play?

im guessing MBV, Bon Iver and Bonnie Prince Billy. Which means it isn’t going to be any of them.

I can see MBV , Bonnie prince billy. Make it happen end of the road. 

Just found this thread. Love the fact that some of you started in September 17 so pretty much as soon as you got back! I'll tack a guess/wish at Wolf Alice, The Horrors, First Aid Kit, My Morning Jacket Trembling Bells to start.                                                                                                                                                                                   Having said that last year was only my second year and now I'm hooked simply by all the great new music I've discovered there. Any one know when we're likely to get first band announcement? Does no Glastonbury mean it'll likely be earlier than normal?

Total conjecture, but I have a feeling... It must be time for Courtney Barnett and I'm wondering whether they'd get Kurt Vile over too (he's played before), so that they possibly even do both solo and joint shows. I'd also consider long odds on Franz Ferdinand. They might have been too mainstream once, but they're also sufficiently art-rock and have new material. Possible Woods stage headline slot for First Aid Kit, who've worked their way up the other stages at EOTR over the years?

1 hour ago, robertjohnmalkin said:

Just found this thread. Love the fact that some of you started in September 17 so pretty much as soon as you got back! I'll tack a guess/wish at Wolf Alice, The Horrors, First Aid Kit, My Morning Jacket Trembling Bells to start.                                                                                                                                                                                   Having said that last year was only my second year and now I'm hooked simply by all the great new music I've discovered there. Any one know when we're likely to get first band announcement? Does no Glastonbury mean it'll likely be earlier than normal?

My morning jacket only played a couple of years ago. Can't see that happening . 

7 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

I wasn't aware that they headlined in 2014 but I guess a 4 year gap is long enough for festivals. Not really a fan of YLT but I haven't truly listened to their stuff so I'm very indifferent to them as headliners

Yeah I like YLT . they have played three times the last being 2014 .