Predictions for 2018

xxialac

New album from Lucy Dacus in March. She was fantastic playing solo in the Tipi Tent a couple of years back, so hopefully will come back with a full band on the Garden Stage. The sound has filled out with more rocking guitars, so it would be a good fit for an early evening slot there.

14 hours ago, wolfamongwolves said:

Caribou were so good when they played last . its been a while . I agree some electronica would be great. How about 

Forest swords

Four tet

Actress

Kaitlyn Aurelia smith

Oneohtrix point never

Ben frost

Tim Hecker 

Clark

Floating points 

I don't recall which, but one year there was a great selection of electronic acts to enjoy. I loved it and was hoping they would persist with that booking policy, but it didn't really happen. Seemed to be just a one off unfortunately :(.

There also seem to be fewer psych rock bands in the last couple of years, but then there are probably fewer out and out folk artists than there were in the very early days (or perhaps they're just hidden by the sheer number of acts now). I'd personally love to see more psych again, but all variety is good - a bit of African rock/world music, a bit of electronica - all adds to the mix. I didn't see her, but I believe Kelly Lee Owens was highly rated last year.

I get the impression that people who are over at the start of the summer would be more likely to come back at its end, which just on All Points East opens up a lot of exciting possibilities: LCD, St Vincent, Nick Cave, Bjork, Beck, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Phoenix, Courtney Barnett, Spoon, Warpaint...

On a different, recent EOTR booking policy tack I'd put money on Idles as a Big Top headliner.

Edited by SweepingTheNation
  • Like 1

Hopefully next weeks announcement will be a good one. 

Green man even though top tier artists have played eotr it’s still mighty impressive.

John talabot , mount kimbie , phoebe Bridgers are interesting bookings for green man. 

Eotr I hope we don’t have st Vincent again also Ezra love both artists but not again. Bon iver , Bjork , lcd just one of them would be incredible wishful thinking but you never know. 

Roll on next week excited 

Thing about the lower tier acts at Green Man this year is that a huge amount of them played EOTR last year. There's definitely some good stuff there, but nothing that really makes me sit up and say "Wow! Wish EOTR had got them!". Obviously early days though.

I hope next week's announcement gives me something to get excited about. I mean, there will undoubtedly be a loads that I love, but I really want a few acts that I

• haven't seen loads of times before 
  • haven't seen fairly recently
  • are new and exciting to me

But I guess that's what we all want really.

4 hours ago, shoebox said:

Thing about the lower tier acts at Green Man this year is that a huge amount of them played EOTR last year. There's definitely some good stuff there, but nothing that really makes me sit up and say "Wow! Wish EOTR had got them!". Obviously early days though.

I hope next week's announcement gives me something to get excited about. I mean, there will undoubtedly be a loads that I love, but I really want a few acts that I

• haven't seen loads of times before 
  • haven't seen fairly recently
  • are new and exciting to me

But I guess that's what we all want really.

Agree  with this. 

Bands that perhaps never played before, and if they have maybe no so recent.