Predictions for 2018

xxialac

On 15/09/2017 at 5:02 PM, Mash011 said:

Reckon King Gizz could sub it next year? Played directly after Real Estate at this year's Glastonbury.

They were brilliant a couple of years ago, but sadly this 'release 5 albums in a year' business means that quality control has been relaxed a great deal. Still, there's always hope for a 'best of' set.

4 hours ago, paulwa said:

They were brilliant a couple of years ago, but sadly this 'release 5 albums in a year' business means that quality control has been relaxed a great deal. Still, there's always hope for a 'best of' set.

Personally like their latest stuff a lot but even if you don't the live shows definitely haven't slipped. Amazing as ever. 

On 9/7/2017 at 3:44 PM, shoebox said:

Kurt Vile and The Growlers have played before. The Growlers did a secret set "in disguise" when they played. I say "in disguise", but they basically blacked up.

Would love Brooks and the gang back - although they are a bit of a different beast these days, drummer and bassist were booted out for reasons unknown, lineup has expanded.

They opened up The Woods stage on the Friday 2011, then late night in the Tipi - when as said they were blacked up and rather the worse for wear :D Video evidence below

• 3 weeks later...

Would like to see:

Hiss Golden Messenger (can't believe he's never played it)

William Tyler 

Orbital (a long shot I know, but could be a great Saturday night headliner. I'm probably in a minority of one here)

Courtney Barnett 

Mogwai (been a while)

Nils Frahm

Stars Of The Lid

Luke Vibert

Beirut

I live in hope....

On 10/5/2017 at 9:14 PM, Petr Tragusbeardsson said:

Nils Frahm

Has Nils ever played EotR? He fit in excellently with the surroundings at Latitude the year he played. He'd definitely big a big crowd pleaser for the sort of audience EotR gets. Is soundbleed an issue there? A big reason for his success at Latitude is that they were able to give him an early slot in the woods, which is relatively isolated.

21 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Has Nils ever played EotR? He fit in excellently with the surroundings at Latitude the year he played. He'd definitely big a big crowd pleaser for the sort of audience EotR gets. Is soundbleed an issue there? A big reason for his success at Latitude is that they were able to give him an early slot in the woods, which is relatively isolated.

He's never played no, but I agree he would fit in nicely. Don't think sound bleed would be a problem as long as they scheduled him appropriately. I've seen much quieter acts there in the past so I can't see it being a problem. 

When does the first wave of acts usually get announced?

Anybody else thinking King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard could be in with a high slot after their recent announcement that they're doing Brixton Academy in February? I'm lead to believe a headline show at Brixton would make them sub/headliner size for EOTR? Would also love to see Kurt Vile and Courtney Barnett show up, their album is pure bliss.

Not who I expect ....more a wishlist...

I Am Kloot

Neutral Milk Hotel

Conor Oberst

She Drew The Gun

Deer Tick

Violent Femmes

The Decemberists

The Wedding Present

J Roddy Walston & The Business

Jason Isbel

Royal Headache

Josifin Ohrn and the Liberation

• Upvote 1

I think: 

moon duo

kurt vile

the babe rainbow (aus)

pictish trail 

deerhunter 

meatbodies 

wand 

useless eaters 

Holyfuck 

clinic 

ARIel pink

clap your hands say yeah 

Unknown mortal orchestra 

Cherry glazerr 

The I.l.ys 

Show me the body 

the horrors 

Metz 

ex-cult

dutch Uncle’s 

• 4 weeks later...

International male solo artist Bon Iver doing For Emma Forever Ago in full must be a possibility for this now. Pretty sure there were some signs to suggest Bon and the lads were signed up for this year before Mr Iver cancelled the tour?

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

International male solo artist Bon Iver doing For Emma Forever Ago in full must be a possibility for this now. Pretty sure there were some signs to suggest Bon and the lads were signed up for this year before Mr Iver cancelled the tour?

Think that was Bestival. Tho even Bestival seems small for the Just Invernon boys now. Can imagine he's too big for this.

• 2 weeks later...

It's sad that this forum is always quiet, personally out of everything I did this year including glasto, Eotr was the best and loveliest. 

Adding to the guessing game 

it seems Courtney barnett is touring without kurt next year which is gutting as i love lotta sea lice and they'd be a great headliner on the garden stage

I know that not Much can be assumed until late August lineups come out but big thief and unknown mortal orchestra are playing haven in Copenhagen early August

all points east suggests that the war on drugs,warpaint and future islands are all about next summer but im hoping we don't get future islands as it seems lazy when eotr and green man just alternate acts 

Would love to see

Destroyer

Deerhunter

Big Thief

Jay Som

Japanese Breakfast

Withered Hand

The Clientele

Phoebe Bridgers

Angel Olsen

Susanne Sundfor

Moon Duo

Butcher Boy

Lost Horizons

Michael Head & The Red Elastic Band

Jen Cloher

Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile (or either solo)

The Wrens

Hand Habits

Sharon Van Etten

Margo Price

Sun Kil Moon

As far as headliners go i could see something like Wilco, First Aid Kit, Death Cab For Cutie none of which would overly excite me but the headliners aren't the main selling point for me anyway.

Ezra Furman subbing on the main stage or maybe headlining on the Thursday.

Would love to see The Decemberists, Beck or LCD Soundsystem but all (except possibly the first all probably too big/expensive)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2017 at 9:14 PM, Petr Tragusbeardsson said:

Would like to see:

Orbital (a long shot I know, but could be a great Saturday night headliner. I'm probably in a minority of one here)

No, not just you! 

PSB would also be a fine choice, but most of who I see at EoL tends to be unknown to me, and its all the better for it! 

I see Robert Plant has been announced for Bearded Theory.  That's rather smaller than EoTR, so a possibility that he could headline?  Plus there is the link through Beavertown.  He surely fits perfectly with the EoTR style of artist.

On the face of it, you'd think he might be too big, but I recall he did Green Man a while ago.  And nowadays, it looks like he just plays wherever he fancies.

• Like 1