Tramlines 2018

deejayone

Whilst it is a shame they've thrown all the independent venue aspects of the festival away, they seem to be at least trying to make Hillsborough park relatively decent. I like how the Leadmill are getting their own stage, and can see acts such as Milburn and Reverend getting a slot there even though they both do nothing for me. 

I can remember the "main stage" of previous tramlines being awful, whilst it is a cheap festival it looked like a joke. Maybe this makes it much better. 

6 minutes ago, AM0114 said:

Is there anyone out of the following who you think are unlikely to headline/play tramlines; peace, circa waves, the kooks, Jamie t, blossoms, jake bugg, the 1975, liam Gallagher, Noel Gallagher, nothing but thieves and glass animals?

Depends how big they are willing to go on their 10th year. I personally would like someone like Slaves to be there. I think they’d appeal to the kind of crowd that are buying tickets (the crowd who are hoping for AM to be there)

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Wombats don't seem to be doing any fests this year. Vaccines I would say are unlikely too, would be more likely for R&L

I still think Wombats will appear somewhere, they are bringing a new album out so maybe as a festival exclusive but this would unlikely be Tramlines. I still think Vaccines are possible they could do both Leeds/Reading and Tramlines, don't think the fact Leeds and Sheffield being close could affect this although I could be wrong. 

16 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Christ, for my personal tastes, I pray it’s not the Wombats or Vaccines

I was just going for who's around at the moment. For the size of Tramlines I'm hoping for someone like Feeder but we shall find out next week.

Well if you consider last year they had the Libertines and Primal Scream, two acts that although aren’t going up in their stock, have previously subbed the Pyramid stage, and Metronomny headlined John Peel I believe. So we should be looking for acts of that calibre and perhaps slightly bigger given the 10th aniversary and increase in capacity. So bands such as Alt J, Chvrches, Foals, Royal Blood, Chic, Tame Impala and Bastille could all be considered, although I hasn’t looked at these bands other commitments or whether they are even touring haha.

If AM are not there then they have played it very well to seem like they were. Probably made more money than usual. I think if it continues to be on the up maybe bigger acts will appeal in the future. Tramlines has always been on the up and only positive things have happened this year.