Tramlines 2018

deejayone

11 hours ago, Samjones said:

You still reckon DMA’s will be added?

Band agent seems to think they on the lineup, so who knows. There are still tickets left for their Plug gig though on 26 May so maybe delaying the announcement. 

Edited by JBarbour

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, tjrant said:

It has too much landfill indie for me. No one stands out as someone I would definitely pay to go and see, except for The Big Moon and I've seen them a few times already.

Same as most festivals now days but I got my ticket during the early bird so its cost me £30 for the weekend so at £10 a day I can't really complain. 

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:22 PM, chemica said:

This festival has got worse and worse in recent years - binning off the city centre was the biggest mistake it could've done - just to book average headliners. 

I loved tramlines as the intercity festival it was, and I know the fringe still exists, but there is just growing distance between the heart of the event in the city, and the corporate ticket shifting out near Hillsborough now. It's a disconnect that saddens me. 

I couldn't agree more. Tramlines has always been a city wide event and that is the essence of what it is. The good news however is that the Tramlines weekend fringe in the bars and clubs of the city centre at least is still alive and kicking. I have recently been contacting the 2017 venues and up to now all the venues are doing more or less the same as last year so we need to spread the word and keep the city centre buzzing like it has been for the last 10 years

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 6:19 PM, tjrant said:

It has too much landfill indie for me. No one stands out as someone I would definitely pay to go and see, except for The Big Moon and I've seen them a few times already.

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 6:19 PM, tjrant said:

Good news is Tramlines fringe weekend is still happening all across the city centre so you have total choice where you want to go and what you want to see. Bad news is Tramlines organisation, same as last year is not promoting this in any way so we need to spread the word to keep the weekend as close to how it was and keep Sheffield buzzing for this weekend every year

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 3:25 PM, deejayone said:

No early thread for next year's Tramlines Festival in Sheffield yet?

Well, opportune timing because it appears that organisers are trying to move it out of Sheffield City Centre and out to Hillsborough Park in the northern suburbs of the city from next year:

http://www.deejayone.co.uk/music/item/84-exclusive-tramlines-festival-to-be-moved-hillsborough-park-2018.html

To be honest the fringe has increasingly been the place to be for Tramlines with exceptional bands on in virtually every bar and venue in the City Centre. Not sure what to make of the proposed move other than it might fragment the traditional Tramlines experience.

(Disclaimer: I researched and wrote that linked post. Nothing actually confirmed about the move yet, but I have spoken to someone at Tramlines and apparently they are preparing a statement 'soon').

Good news is that Tramlines fringe will still be happening again this year. I was concerned that with the move to Hillsborough park, the city centre bars and clubs may not do anything, but I have contacted many of them this past week and so far every single one I have contacted is doing more or less the same as previous years. so if you don't want to sit through hours of bands you don't really want to see just to see the one you do you can spend those hours in the city centre with a huge diversity of acts then its about a 6 quid 10 minute taxi ride to Hillsborough park. We need to spread the word to keep the city wide festival alive for years to come

2 hours ago, DrJohn said:

Good news is that Tramlines fringe will still be happening again this year. I was concerned that with the move to Hillsborough park, the city centre bars and clubs may not do anything, but I have contacted many of them this past week and so far every single one I have contacted is doing more or less the same as previous years. so if you don't want to sit through hours of bands you don't really want to see just to see the one you do you can spend those hours in the city centre with a huge diversity of acts then its about a 6 quid 10 minute taxi ride to Hillsborough park. We need to spread the word to keep the city wide festival alive for years to come

There was always going to be fringe events this year and always will be in the future. At no point was there any doubt. The venues and bars can do as they please. 

The organisers have no part in the fridge events other than the official Tramlines afterparties at:

O2 Academy Sheffield
Foundry, Sheffield
The Night Kitchen
The Leadmill

Tramlines have encouraged venues, bars, folk forest etc to keep the city buzzing. But Tramlines have moved away from it as the festival itself has not been profitable using that model. 

On 20/04/2018 at 12:20 PM, JBarbour said:

There was always going to be fringe events this year and always will be in the future. At no point was there any doubt. The venues and bars can do as they please. 

The organisers have no part in the fridge events other than the official Tramlines afterparties at:

O2 Academy Sheffield
Foundry, Sheffield
The Night Kitchen
The Leadmill

Tramlines have encouraged venues, bars, folk forest etc to keep the city buzzing. But Tramlines have moved away from it as the festival itself has not been profitable using that model. 

Will there be after parties on the Sunday night as well? It was advertised as there being one but when the line-ups were released nothing has been mentioned. 

19 hours ago, moams said:

Will there be after parties on the Sunday night as well? It was advertised as there being one but when the line-ups were released nothing has been mentioned. 

I don't think there are any official after parties on Sunday by tramlines or partner venues. But there will prob be some closing parties by fringe / normal venues and bars. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very sad news about Sarah. Worked with Sarah on a number of Tramlines pieces. Such a nice person. Championed the festival and Sheffield's music scene. Her enthusiasm was infectious. I'm hoping the festival honor Sarah's memory at the event

Edited by JBarbour

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Four days out and this thread is a ghost town,, not a great sign haha. Can see on the website that Amstel are a partner/sponsor/whatever and it says that there will be local craft beer options but does anyone have any clue on bar prices?

Standard festival prices but not London prices :lol:

image003.jpg

This Feeling putting on some acts on The Library