Open'er 2018

gregory

22 minutes ago, mln said:

Wow! Migos are now forgiven. So Wendsday's Main Stage will be MIGOS - AM - NICK CAVE ? Hopefuly, Fleet Foxes will be playing the same time as Migos.

I was thinking more like NICK CAVE - AM - MIGOS with Migos playing late night (like G Eazy last year, know that wasn't planned but the crowd was massive and loving it), but last time (2013) it went AM - NC

That's really strange @hallocost !!

8 hours ago, with_tired_eyes said:

Nine Inch Nails are playing a Berlin show on the 2.7., so they are pretty close.

Robert Plant? Is there any tour date confirmed? But that doesn't matter - you should not expect to hear Led Zeppelin songs the way you knew them.

NiN are only possible on 4.7 and 5.7 and main stage on these days seems to be pretty full and strong already, especially 4.7 (Migos - AM - Nick Cave).

There were some rumors that Robert Plant won't be playing any shows in Poland this year.

8 hours ago, with_tired_eyes said:

Nine Inch Nails are playing a Berlin show on the 2.7., so they are pretty close.

Robert Plant? Is there any tour date confirmed? But that doesn't matter - you should not expect to hear Led Zeppelin songs the way you knew them.

Yes he has several dates booked but I havent seen one in festivals in July as of yet. 

NIN would.be awesome!

51 minutes ago, mln said:

NiN are only possible on 4.7 and 5.7 and main stage on these days seems to be pretty full and strong already, especially 4.7 (Migos - AM - Nick Cave).

There were some rumors that Robert Plant won't be playing any shows in Poland this year.

I see. Here's hoping anyway:). Maybe NiN can headline the tent stage but they are possibly to big for that. 

Also hoping that the Robert Plant rumours aren't true. He's never disappointed me live.

Edited by ParanoidTourist

10 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

I see. Here's hoping anyway:). Maybe NiN can headline the tent stage but they are possibly to big for that. 

I think they'd be great in the tent, like Trentmoller last year, but they might be too big.

Also pretty sure none of the headliners will be playing 2+ hr sets (like Foos and RH last year) and instead probably 90mins (or 75 even in Bruno's case) so we might end up getting 5 acts per day every day on Main Stage (instead of 4455). Could be room for NIN. In 2015 they had 6 acts on the mainstage on two of the days https:///s/opener2015/ 

We only have 12 acts announced so far out of 70 odd. 

Edited by gregory

9 minutes ago, gregory said:

I think they'd be great in the tent, like Trentmoller last year, but they might be too big.

Also pretty sure none of the headliners will be playing 2+ hr sets (like Foos and RH last year) and instead probably 90mins (or 75 even in Bruno's case) so we might end up getting 5 acts per day every day on Main Stage (instead of 4455). Could be room for NIN.

You are right about headliners, I didn't think about it earlier. I guess the set of Depeche Mode - Massive Attack - NiN or AM - NiN - Nick Cave would be one of the strongest in the history of this festival. 

I hope we'll get some announcements this week, but I wouldn't be surprise if not - that's just the way Open'er works :)

The National and Editors announced at TW Werchter, I guess it makes them more probable at Open'er since they are not playing Rock Werchter. Also, Jamiroquai are announcing some dates this week, I'd love to have them, but I'm not sure if they are of interest to Open'er.

Edited by mln

56 minutes ago, gregory said:

Also pretty sure none of the headliners will be playing 2+ hr sets (like Foos and RH last year) and instead probably 90mins (or 75 even in Bruno's case) so we might end up getting 5 acts per day every day on Main Stage (instead of 4455). Could be room for NIN. In 2015 they had 6 acts on the mainstage on two of the days https:///s/opener2015/ 

Ok, thanks for clarifying. Less time per set might get us more subheadliner acts. 

The few announced acts so far makes me wonder if the festival organisers are still negotiating with semi-large bands. Time will tell I guess.  

1 hour ago, gregory said:

You're right about 2015, but I think that Kasabian, The Libertines and Mumford and Sons were much more cheaper (and I think also less popular) than Depeche Mode, AM and Gorillaz (let's say Drake costs as much as Bruno Mars).

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, mln said:

Martin Garrix at Krakow Live Festival. I guess that since we can't enjoy any new announcements, we can at least be happy that some shit artists are getting ruled out.

That is good news.

This year seems very slow to release the names, so many great acts around that week, hope we're not disappointed  

2 minutes ago, gregory said:

That is good news.

This year seems very slow to release the names, so many great acts around that week, hope we're not disappointed  

I think we won't get anything this week because of that Martin Garrix announcement, but maybe next week...

1 minute ago, gregory said:

Not my thing at all really, but better than G Eazy I guess

C'mon man, it's Mike Patton's band, how can you even put it next to G-eazy :) However, I'm not a big fan neither, but I guess it might be interesting.

1 minute ago, mln said:

C'mon man, it's Mike Patton's band, how can you even put it next to G-eazy :) However, I'm not a big fan neither, but I guess it might be interesting.

Haha, what I mean is it's better to get some different genres like hardcore/metal than more shit rap like last year  :) 

1 minute ago, gregory said:

Haha, what I mean is it's better to get some different genres like hardcore/metal than more shit rap like last year  :) 

That's 100% true. But I'm afraid that 'shit rap like last year' (as well as 'shit pop like several times earlier') is inevitable.

1 minute ago, mln said:

That's 100% true. But I'm afraid that 'shit rap like last year' (as well as 'shit pop like several times earlier') is inevitable.

The problem is there's so much good rap (and pop) but it rarely ends up getting to Open'er it seems. Still being hopeful for Anderson. Paak but not too hopeful lol

49 minutes ago, mln said:

According to the well-informed source (Koncerty w Polsce fanpage – facebook.com/KoncertyWPL/), Dead Cross are very likely to play at Open'er.

Dead Cross liked the post on fb suggesting they'll be in Poland, so it looks like it's happening