Open'er 2018

gregory

7 minutes ago, gregory said:

Also, he's closing the main stage on Saturday, so no Justice or Anderson or whoever in that slot. He's the grand finale 

I thougt that Kygo was the worst closing act in the history of Open'er. I'm not so sure about it anymore...

2 minutes ago, gregory said:

Very poor.

Something else in five minutes? Or is this it for another few weeks.... :rolleyes:

I bet that's it for today. Hopefully, we'll get something on Friday (there's a public holiday in Poland tomorrow.)

5 minutes ago, pete76 said:

They woke up with such a shitty announcement. Wondering why people choosing Opener instead Werchter, NOS Alive, Spanish or Danish festivals 

Probably it's much more cheaper, isn't it? And I don't mean only the festival tickets, but also accommodation, food, drinks etc.

30 minutes ago, pete76 said:

They woke up with such a shitty announcement. Wondering why people choosing Opener instead Werchter, NOS Alive, Spanish or Danish festivals 

To me it's because its one of the few places where you can can see both Massive attack and Depeche Mode. 

The line up is pretty bad on certain days though...

Hi 

My brother is going to Open 'er for the first time. He is Spanish but we are also of middle eastern decent. He has recently been told by a Polish friend that he will most likely encounter trouble at the festival because of the way he looks and should carry his passport to prove his nationality. He has since been a bit worried about going...

..Just wanted to check if anyone had experience of going and how friendly the crowds were?

*Post not intended to cause any disrespect or offence 

12 minutes ago, mazataz said:

Hi 

My brother is going to Open 'er for the first time. He is Spanish but we are also of middle eastern decent. He has recently been told by a Polish friend that he will most likely encounter trouble at the festival because of the way he looks and should carry his passport to prove his nationality. He has since been a bit worried about going...

..Just wanted to check if anyone had experience of going and how friendly the crowds were?

I had very good experiences with the locals (as a white Brit) last year, going back alone this year as a result.

I did notice it being a very white crowd last year though (especially during Solange when she played F.U.B.U. and went down to the crowd and struggled to find black people to sing her empowerment anthem to)

35 minutes ago, mazataz said:

Hi 

There are many people of different nationalities at Open'er and I've never heard about any incidents. You shouldn't worry about it. The majority of people at Open'er are, let's say, liberals.
Although, Gdynia itself is quite a big city and, just like in any other cities all over the world, you may encounter some dickheads.

Edited by mln

6 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

So one month before the festival starts. EIther they're having a real problem finding acts for the rest of the line up or they wait with decent announcements until its time to sell the last minute tickets. Any thoughts on this? 

Their other festival Orange Warsaw happened over the weekend, maybe now it's done they can announce LCD Soundsystem and Florence & The Machine ... 

There is a third option which is the rest of the acts are just low level Polish acts who will be announced the same time as the schedule.

They did announce Lorde around this time last year. I hope there's more to come, this lineup really doesn't do much for me this year, feels like most the acts have only released about one album each... 

Guys I'm just wondering - what if Post Malone  isn't the actual final act on Saturday? I mean maybe he's going to show up earlier, before Dawid Podsiało and Bruno Mars and there is still something bigger to come? 

I don't mind him, but is he really big enough for the final act of the festival? I personally don't think so. If so - that means Alter Art has a huge problem. Inviting a one-record rapper as a final act equals problems.

In a November 2017 interview with Polish media outlet NewOnce, Malone said that modern hip-hop music lacks "people talking about real shit" and added that "if you're looking to think about life, don't listen to hip-hop."

I don't know about you but I'll definitely be taking his advice. 

Today at 15:00 will be exactly 30 days to go - surely they will announce something. I will find something to see on each day but I'll be having an early night on Saturday if all they can offer is Bruno Mars and Post Malone (who?)

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Tempotempotempo said:

In a November 2017 interview with Polish media outlet NewOnce, Malone said that modern hip-hop music lacks "people talking about real shit" and added that "if you're looking to think about life, don't listen to hip-hop."

I don't know about you but I'll definitely be taking his advice. 

Today at 15:00 will be exactly 30 days to go - surely they will announce something. I will find something to see on each day but I'll be having an early night on Saturday if all they can offer is Bruno Mars and Post Malone (who?)

Not sure why you think Bruno Mars is not worth staying - I know he's more pop-ish and r'n'b-ish but he's still a good performer, producer and entertainer, he's not a one-hit or one-record man. Post Malone sure is, no doubt.

7 hours ago, gregory said:

Their other festival Orange Warsaw happened over the weekend, maybe now it's done they can announce LCD Soundsystem and Florence & The Machine ... 

There is a third option which is the rest of the acts are just low level Polish acts who will be announced the same time as the schedule.

They did announce Lorde around this time last year. I hope there's more to come, this lineup really doesn't do much for me this year, feels like most the acts have only released about one album each... 

There's a few acts this year Im heavily into but like you said, a lot of the bands have hardly released an album at all.

Also fear that your 3rd option is very likely... But I still have a lingering hope for some last minute additions of an actual band.

• Like 1