Open'er 2018

gregory

If I checked it correctly, alma and sigrid don't have any albums released. I hope they will play at 4:00 P.M., just after the gates are being opened. I understand that they have to announce smaller acts, but cmon, we are wating 3 weeks, it's April, and we're getting only 4 names, one Polish and two with no albums. That's ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, mln said:

only 4 names, one Polish and two with no albums, and Young Thug.

lol. Yeah super shit. But the fact they seem to be filling the stages with more international acts this time round isn't a bad thing, 9 Alter Stage acts so far compared to 6 last year (?) 

Just now, gregory said:

lol. Yeah super shit. But the fact they seem to be filling the stages with more international acts this time round isn't a bad thing, 9 Alter Stage acts so far compared to 6 last year (?) 

That's the only postive thing. We have 4 international acts on tent stage on Friday, I hope it will be the same on the other days.

I hope Young Thug is the last representative of shit rap acts ;)

7 minutes ago, mln said:

I hope Young Thug is the last representative of shit rap acts ;)

Why? I thought everyone loved rappers saying 'put your motherfucking hands up' over and over while badly rapping over MP3's of their album played by some someone who yells 'hey' or 'yeah' sporadically... ?

Edited by gregory

3 minutes ago, gregory said:

Why? I thought everyone loved rappers saying 'put your motherfucking hands up' over and over while badly rapping over MP3's of their album played by some someone who yells 'hey' or 'yeah' sporadically... ?

I sense lots of irony in your post, but unfortunately it's true :D

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, mln said:

That's the only postive thing. We have 4 international acts on tent stage on Friday, I hope it will be the same on the other days.

On the other hand, believe it or not we are now only 3 international acts away from matching last years total (31), which is terrifying. However, I still see 4 mainstage slots and 4 tent slots open. 

4 minutes ago, gregory said:

On the other hand, believe it or not we are now only 3 international acts away from matching last years total (31), which is terrifying. However, I still see 4 mainstage slots and 4 tent slots open. 

Yep, you're right, but it looks like we will get more international acts than last year.

On Wendsday and Thursday we've got only 1 act on Tent Stage per day (Fleet Foxes and David Byrne).

There's only Bruno Mars on Main Stage on Sat.

Still plenty to come.

2 minutes ago, mln said:

Yep, you're right, but it looks like we will get more international acts than last year.

On Wendsday and Thursday we've got only 1 act on Tent Stage per day (Fleet Foxes and David Byrne).

There's only Bruno Mars on Main Stage on Sat.

Still plenty to come.

Yep, I hope so. See you in 3 weeks.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

In think Kali Uchis is too:) Bruno Mars and the other pop-/rap-acts this year I don't unfortunately like at all. 

New Kali Uchis album (out today) sounds great.

Still so bummed we waited 3 weeks for what we got yesterday :( 

39 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

In think Kali Uchis is too:) Bruno Mars and the other pop-/rap-acts this year I don't unfortunately like at all. 

The same here, but you've got to have time to drink a beer or eat a burger :)

Edited by mln

30 minutes ago, gregory said:

New Kali Uchis album (out today) sounds great.

Still so bummed we waited 3 weeks for what we got yesterday :( 

Yes it was surprisingly good:)

I'm also bummed about yesterday's announcement. Really hoping well get something more from the Werchter line up (not just Sigrid)

The rapper is reportedly around seven months pregnant (you read that right, she's likely in her third trimester), according to TMZ, and due in the first week of July.

Cardi B is pregnant, and the daddy is the guy in Migos. Baby is due first week of July. Possibility for a Migos cancellation (and room for Anderson instead :D ) ?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, gregory said:

Cardi B is pregnant, and the daddy is the guy in Migos. Baby is due first week of July. Possibility for a Migos cancellation (and room for Anderson instead :D ) ?

Wow, that would be 2 in 1 because I was afraid that Cardi B may be playing this year's Open'er. Keeping my fingers crossed.

25 minutes ago, mln said:

Wow, that would be 2 in 1 because I was afraid that Cardi B may be playing this year's Open'er. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Cardi B definitely out, so we'll have to see about Migos. I doubt he would risk missing the birth? Wonder whether the other 2 Migos would perform without him or not...

Would rather they cancel now than there be massive 4 hour gap on the main-stage announced the day before due to 'unforeseen circumstances'

13 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

So do you reckon Saturday 7th of July will only consist of pop acts or will something worthwhile show up?

Reason why I ask is that I seriously contemplating going to the last day of Rock Werchter after being at Openers first 3 Days.

I think you should book RW as hopefully it'll mean Open'er announce a bunch of good shit :D 

6 minutes ago, gregory said:

I think you should book RW as hopefully it'll mean Open'er announce a bunch of good shit :D 

Haha, I know, that's what I fear will happen:P

On the other hand, my two favourites (Interpol and Wolf Alice) are playing elsewhere on the 7th so my risktaking is not too great.

33 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

So do you reckon Saturday 7th of July will only consist of pop acts or will something worthwhile show up?

Reason why I ask is that I seriously contemplating going to the last day of Rock Werchter after being at Openers first 3 Days.

I seriously doubt that they will announce anything worthwile in general, not only on Saturday. Let's say there are 4-5 free spots on Saturday, maybe 2 bigger names. I bet one of them will be a pop or hip-hop act.
Last year there were no rock acts on Saturday (unless you consider Benjamin Booker as such).
To sum up, I'd definietely go to RW :D

22 minutes ago, mln said:

I seriously doubt that they will announce anything worthwile in general, not only on Saturday. Let's say there are 4-5 free spots on Saturday, maybe 2 bigger names. I bet one of them will be a pop or hip-hop act.
Last year there were no rock acts on Saturday (unless you consider Benjamin Booker as such).
To sum up, I'd definietely go to RW :D

Thanks, you pretty much convinced me:lol:

Still looking forward to Openers first Days though particularly the Massice attack/Depeche Mode-day.