Open'er 2018

gregory

I went last year to Opener and can confirm the drinking issues in front of the stage. 
If you stay directly in Gydnia or on festival camping everything is fine.
If you stay like us in Sopot even Gdansk consider 90-120min total travel time to festival site one way. There is a lot of traffic and small streets.

Unless you are already totally happy with Headlienrs I recommend to wait until the full line up is revealed. 2017 was really headliner focused and was rather weak apart from headliners.

I loved Gdansk and Sopot but the overall festival experience was just average. You should also consider that weather at Baltic Sea is even in June not really warm.

This sounds a bit harsh maybe, just consider if you can live the cons and if you don't care about them have a great time :-)

2 hours ago, gregory said:

More acts announced for RW, hoping NIN, Anderson .Paak, Eels and JW might show up at Open'er. The Script can :suicide:

I'd love to have Jack White at Open'er, but the only possbile date is 6th July, a day before Rock Werchter. It is believed that JW is coming to Poland only in autumn. 

1 hour ago, MMC said:

This will be my first Open'er does anyone on here have any recommendations on where a outs to stay we will be after a 2/3 bed room apartment type of place 

Not sure if this works. The festival is some kilometers away from the next (very industrial like) town (gdynia). There are shuttle busses to the local train station, but as said before, they often get stuck in traffic.

There's just a small village near the festivalsite, but there were only appartment towers (no hotels). Best stay would be gdansk (there's a train from gdansk to gdynia) but calcute over an hour to get there.

Edited by with_tired_eyes
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gregory said:

Just for reference @Fabrizzo. :) 

Which year do y'all think is (objectively) better? I'd say they're pretty even

I also think that. In terms of variety 2018 is slightly better I think. I love Radiohead but this year I'm into all the headliners except one (guess who...)