Open'er 2018

gregory

3 hours ago, gregory said:

A few lineup changes;

• Kortez have been upgraded from Tent to Main.
  • Alma has been upgraded from Alter to Tent.
  • Kali Uchis has (finally) been moved from Thurs to Fri.

Krotez has no stage yet, a post from the facebook group was about Organek - he's going to play Main Stage on Thursday, even though he was announced for Friday :D What they did with Kali Uchis is ridiculous. It's been known for several months that she's playing RW on Thursday. Open'er made the whole campaing, posters, ads on TV, etc. and then they changed the day she's playing. I have no words. I won't even comment on Alma playing Tent Stage (fucking joke).

28 minutes ago, mln said:

Krotez has no stage yet, a post from the facebook group was about Organek - he's going to play Main Stage on Thursday, even though he was announced for Friday :D What they did with Kali Uchis is ridiculous. It's been known for several months that she's playing RW on Thursday. Open'er made the whole campaing, posters, ads on TV, etc. and then they changed the day she's playing. I have no words. I won't even comment on Alma playing Tent Stage (fucking joke).

Sorry, typed the wrong band name. Could have sworn Organek had already been confirmed for Tent but there we go.

Good news is at least that they've gone back to putting 5 acts on Main Stage Thurs (and presumably Wed too).

30 minutes ago, gregory said:

There are 6 announced acts which haven't been given a stage yet, and could go anywhere, but should be approx;

Main: 5
Tent: 6
Beat: 6

But who knows really, dey fuckin wit us this year

Ok I see, thanks for info. So hopefully more acts then on main, But since there is only two weeks left I have to be a realist and think they upgrade an utterly unknown band to main stage.

But yeah, mine guesses at the moment are:  RUFUS DE SOL, London Grammar, Solomun, *write a name of the one big dj*, Gambino, Flume, deadmau5 or Eric Prydz, PENDULUM, Khalid, NIN, St. Vincent, Wilkinson, Ben Howard, Lykke Li, Nick Murphy, Tom Odell.

1 hour ago, krysol said:

But yeah, mine guesses at the moment are:  RUFUS DE SOL, London Grammar, Solomun, *write a name of the one big dj*, Gambino, Flume, deadmau5 or Eric Prydz, PENDULUM, Khalid, NIN, St. Vincent, Wilkinson, Ben Howard, Lykke Li, Nick Murphy, Tom Odell.

That would be great, I just wonder when are they going to annouce them, it's 2 weeks left. 

1 hour ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Great news with Noel Gallagher! Always thought it would be his brother who would show up. Anyone who knows if any of the other announced acts are good?

Mount Kimbie are fine! When it comes to Polish acts I can definitely recommend Król and Bokka.

5 hours ago, rummy said:

Is it me or does it feel lopsided towards Wednesday and Thursday? Reminds me of the first time I went and kings of leon, placebo and the prodigy were all on the Sunday

Agree, 4 big acts on the Main Stage on the Wed compared to a couple the rest of the days.

Let's see what the schedule's like on Monday....

Hi everyone :) First time going to Opener this year and I cannot find info if you can bring your own purchased alcohol into camping area? Do they have no glass policy? Also, what about security? Do they check every person's bags? Do they have sniffer dogs?

13 hours ago, Gintas said:

Hi everyone :) First time going to Opener this year and I cannot find info if you can bring your own purchased alcohol into camping area? Do they have no glass policy? Also, what about security? Do they check every person's bags? Do they have sniffer dogs?

You can bring your own beer that you bought outside the campsite but this must be in cans and the same brand that they sell at the camspite (e.g. Heineken, Żywiec, Desperados). They check all bags, sometimes more thoroughly, sometimes less. I haven't seen any sniffer dogs in last 7 years.

Hey all :)

Does anyone know what the alcohol situation is at the festival this year? I last attended in 2013 and could only get Heineken & Desperados... is there anything else on sale nowadays? (I am attending the festival, not camping btw) xo

Edited by clairemacked
Extra info

22 hours ago, clairemacked said:

Hey all :)

Does anyone know what the alcohol situation is at the festival this year? I last attended in 2013 and could only get Heineken & Desperados... is there anything else on sale nowadays? (I am attending the festival, not camping btw) xo

Beers: Heineken, Desperados, Żywiec (zone 'Strefa Żywca' with good wheat beer); Jägermeister; and some brand of whiskey, I'm not sure which one.